Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
Don't tint windows.

I honestly don't mind the black. The only thing I wold probably have changed would be the orange calipers to maybe the bronze of the Mercedes ceramic calipers to keep an OEM feel.

But if people weren't different then the world would be a boring place!

Associate
I am wondering if, whilst owning a C class early W204 and it never missing a beat, repairs have been “ reasonable” and not many. I should carry on using it -100k on clock until it dies, or ditch it now and look at another? Don’t want Finance so looking at £16k max. Would I be able to get W205 in this price range, or doesn’t have to be C as long as it’s petrol and auto. I won’t be doing the miles now to warrant a diesel

Soldato
Soldato
Would you recommend the place that did it? I keep mulling over the same treatment for my own C63, but mostly stop myself because I don't know anywhere local (I'm in Congleton).

Soldato
Really depends on the quality of the paint and how much work is needed as well as other bits to do like wheel nuts, trim, paint correction. I had a number of varied quotes but 2 stage polish and ceramic coat set me back 750. 2 full days of work. Had some quoting >1000.
Looks like they've done a good job, only a closer inspection would tell, but I am sure you gave it a good inspection and if you're happy that's the main thing, you got a good price too. I have my A4 coated with Artdeshine ceramic after one years ownership and two years later it's still easy to bring up to a showroom finish. I just top it up with a hydrophobic coat, such as Buster's done&dusted once a month...

Soldato
Collected my 2017 E220d AMG Line Premium Plus Estate this week. Had a 5 hour drive home from Stevenage, really pleased with it. The Driving Assistance Plus Package is absolutely brilliant. 5 minutes in stop-start traffic on the M6 is plenty for it to show its worth. The salesman said hardly anyone specs it because of the cost but I'd have it way before any of the other options. Fortunately this car has most of the other options too :) Remote Parking Assistance is of questionable use in reality but it's great fun for messing around with - you can move the car into a parallel park, bay, or move it straight forwards and back stood outside the car with your phone.

GCpJXUU_ACgn6UH_jIrKBD8Il9ul3BDtmoz8fHU0sedsigoy82i7P8esViAMVo9acR0R3jv25DusfkDD9xXnrtvZH6heO4NWpNb9YJb_hbfeNCH-aYp7HxF5J65eFCTZcrC8JQkg910Hd5bhNDmPq5SmQIruJoq2arTdOIKnH3XSjP0iN2tQC5f21Er614U8Gq2rWUoiibw4EZdEAUOiM2rLo9OExiYLqXnNiOO9_AUwLTDwftTBsAOIvANUJaMczVhuFHcyla2ChRQlfLazQ18BHfnyENcVZAyJD9VCh2_OOgvy8wKLJJBg3j0fVdDPnMT2CiTsJPiDlELgCaUYQIeMK-sStv0vY0RHZi84ateRJEA0GJ9sGPuBH46ZhPVcYJm37EN_Ws1w_GxcRtXvzy0MO1J5Es67hzkfw7RfKlWVsbHuAIi1JvPbte8RiKNIdO43337jV-xYxnen5Ewjxy-Bwd6hlKrg9HI1dw4VaI7Sh8RTzWvsqxrf3CvOw8sjEmFXUgqrkDZ17aen_Ajh80jo47mZUlDs44kMol55qXIis5kXhh-wHCcMTJzotZy_340btQc1Y1zAUPgbybtbMGiIVL8TubLKelGOmZd1TwdB1DLrxeUQcUpi-F5UMD5sSCwot0Vo4Xk7M2xMWHbYARvx7Cg7dPUBqICExoqq8_qKbxYeBjMHkz8=w800-h524-no

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting experience today as my C43 went in for it's first MOT with the local dealer (there's my first mistake - why didn't I just take it to a council testing station like I usually would?!)

One phone call later: "your car has failed it's MOT and needs new front pads and discs. That will be £500 please, sir"

My response "Let me think about that for a moment. Have you checked the history of this vehicle first? The front discs are brand new. You replaced them under warranty in June this year. I've covered no more than 1,000 miles since then"

After a bit of shock / surprise / mumbling, she decided to go and speak to the technician again.

The next phone call and all of a sudden, the front discs are ok but it still needs new pads because something is seized.
After me questioning them because they have already blatantly lied to me once, they decided to go and have another look.

3rd phonecall: "Your car has passed it's MOT, sir. We managed to release the seized nut."

Idiots. I've still had no explanation as to why they obviously lied to me.

This seems to be a Mercedes thing - always pick on the brakes.

Not long after I got it, it went to another dealer due to a fault with the collision detection system which was covered under warranty. After giving it a quick "health check", I was told it desperately needed new rear pads and discs. I told them I was going to get a second opinion and it has since gone through thousands of miles, a service and an MOT without any question raised against the rear pads or discs.

I love the car but the dealerships really are proving to be first rate clowns.

Back
Top Bottom