#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

It's cute that you think your opinions on whether she's attractive are relevant.

I never said it was relevant, just stated if it did happen then they must have been desperate which is a pretty normal opinion to many of these allegations whether the victim was attractive or not.

Anyway good luck to her and hopefully she gets the name or names out there, her track record in the media doesn’t bode well though, been caught out lying multiple times and fabricating stories for attention.

Is it not very stressful going through life always having to be so 'right-on' and 'politically correct' all the time?
Actually I think it's must be very stressful to be as angry as everyone here - and indeed everywhere - seems to be all the time. Do people not get tired of being that cross?

I think it's must be very stressful to be as angry as everyone here - and indeed everywhere - seems to be all the time. Do people not get tired of being that cross?
Actually off-topic but I do think that's a very valid point. As well as letting emotions get the better of them on a daily basis, people are getting much more rude on the whole too.

Even in public: Lack of basic etiquette, failing to accept different opinions without launching into a tirade, basic manners going out of the window... Uh oh I'm starting to sound like my grandparents! :D

It's true though. Re: manners, go to a bus stop in London and you'll see what I mean. Plenty of people having a good at each other on trains these days too.

Last edited:
Which posts exactly come across as angry to you?
I'm not going to play the game of picking out individual posts, but there is an awful lot of anger from people everywhere about all kinds of things. Comments below news articles are one of the worst inventions ever and seemingly only exist for people's inarticulate fury.

I'm not going to play the game of picking out individual posts, but there is an awful lot of anger from people everywhere about all kinds of things. Comments below news articles are one of the worst inventions ever and seemingly only exist for people's inarticulate fury.

Well I’d agree with you there but I rarely see that level of outrage here, likely because moderation is more strict and most members are quite happy to leave their opinions without calling others out or feeling the need to respond, the angry ones on here seem to be those in every GD thread picking up a post and carrying a needless debate on for page after page to suit their desire for always being right.

Actually I think it's must be very stressful to be as angry as everyone here - and indeed everywhere - seems to be all the time. Do people not get tired of being that cross?

Yeah I don't get it either.
I genuinely seem to have mad managed to train my brain not to care about things I can't change. Makes life so much simpler and happier.

I genuinely seem to have mad managed to train my brain not to care about things I can't change. Makes life so much simpler and happier.
Yep, I have that approach too these days. Frustration creeps in sometimes but I don't let things I can do nothing about get to me. If I did, my job would make me a gibbering wreck. :)

Just live your life, don't be a **** (even though the people around you might be) :)

Absolutely this. Worry about things you can change. Don't worry about things you can't.

Surely you are the most angry person here?

Maybe take your own advice and try to de-stress? :)

Everyone here? Big brush?

As much as this comment might seem out of place, I can't but help think that some of these women, proclaiming they were "sexually assaulted" when it was probably a pinch to the bum, are just jumping on a bandwagon to further their own agenda.

I do believe that there were nasty things done to some people, but call me cynical because I think some of this crowd, not all but some, are seeing people in the spotlight and wanting to be in the "light" too.

Being cross at everything possible is the new "thing". When I was a kid being a rebel was the thing, now it's being a victim.

Back
Top Bottom