#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Caporegime
Soldato
Has he complained? Or are the sun just hunting for something to even things out to try to justify sex pestery from men?

I'm sure there are women out there guilty of sexual harassment. Is this it? Given it's not him posting this, im not convinced.
How is it justifying sexual assault in men? You come to some absurd conclusions in life.

Caporegime
The sun would love to be able to say that women are just as bad and thus normalise it when men do it.
Are we at the point where we're saying, "We should not report crimes/scandals when committed by atypical perpetrators, so it doesn't detract from the seriousness of the crime when committed by the usual demographic?"

That's some pretty pro-tier mental gymnastics.

Soldato
The sun would love to be able to say that women are just as bad and thus normalise it when men do it.
Or are the Sun not just pointing out that women do it to? For you to come to the conclusion that the tabloid is trying to push some alterior message that is to normalise the matter of men carrying out sexual assault says more about you than anything really.

Soldato
Has he complained? Or are the sun just hunting for something to even things out to try to justify sex pestery from men?

So if a minor doesn't complain it's OK to intiate sexual activity with them?

There's a hash tag 'trending' at the moment with women posting pictures of themselves at 14 to demonstrate that they were too young at that age to be sexually approached by older men. Given that adolescent males trail females in development then the same could be said for a 15 year old boy with an older woman?

Caporegime
The sun are reaching here because it suits their agenda. I'm not saying it's ok purely because people don't complain, or that it's ok for women to sexually harass men, or even that it's ok for Demi Moore in this instance, just that in the cases against men the entire basis has been people suddenly complaining. Is the sun suddenly concerned for poor abused men? Unlikely. Far more likely to be concerned with poor accused men.

Soldato
The sun are reaching here because it suits their agenda. I'm not saying it's ok purely because people don't complain, or that it's ok for women to sexually harass men, or even that it's ok for Demi Moore in this instance, just that in the cases against men the entire basis has been people suddenly complaining. Is the sun suddenly concerned for poor abused men? Unlikely. Far more likely to be concerned with poor accused men.

So now they're not justifying sexual assault by men?

Soldato

Surely you've head of the principle of 'man bites dog'. Papers often report what they think will be interesting often because it's less prevalent. I think you are over thinking the Sun's motivation here.

Soldato
First you said you think they're justifying the sexual assault carried out by men. Then you said you think they're just concerned about poor accused men. I'm interested how many more ways you can misconstrue an article.

I wouldn't be surprised some of the accused are innocent. People lie, and are scumbags.

Caporegime
First you said you think they're justifying the sexual assault carried out by men. Then you said you think they're just concerned about poor accused men. I'm interested how many more ways you can misconstrue an article.
They're justifying sexual assault by men and keen to defend accused men. Men who have been accused of sexual misconduct. Accused as opposed to abused. It's wordplay. I'm too fast for you, son, these ones are going right over your head.

Caporegime

How on earth do you reach that conclusion?

Caporegime
Given the sun got rid of page 3 about 5 minutes ago, I'm not exactly convinced of their concern for the place and treatment women in society.

that's a pretty weak argument - even if they carried on with page 3 it doesn't prevent them caring about the victims of abuse

in fact you could be a massive misogynist and believe women should only be in the bedroom/kitchen and still care about the victims of sexual abuse

Soldato
They're justifying sexual assault by men and keen to defend accused men. Men who have been accused of sexual misconduct. Accused as opposed to abused. It's wordplay. I'm too fast for you, son, these ones are going right over your head.
Oh dear.

It seems it in fact all went over your head. Carry on Vonny, the lunacy makes for some minor entertainment at best.

Back
Top Bottom