#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Associate
I don't know, that seems like quite a fringe idea among hard core male rights activists. The vast majority of women aren't radical feminists and if you're a straight man then shunning women is very much into cutting off your nose to spite your face territory.

I do wonder if the sort of 4chan/reddit mentality does hold some truth - the ideas seem to be that in their 20s lots of women will aim to go for the top percentiles of men... and when not in a relationship plenty of those men will entertain a broad range of women for casual sex. When they get to their 30s the biological clock starts ticking and some women might retain unrealistic expectations from their 20s, the sort of guy they wanted in their 20s can, in his 30s, still date women in their 20s which presumably leads some women to think they're "settling" for less. Supposedly for others they deliberately want to settle in their 30s with the stable "beta" male with a good job once they've been ridden by lots of "alpha" "chad" types in their 20s...

pic related:

lV6cUGu.jpg
It's called riding the carousel. Sleeping around isn't empowering at all, it's just a really neat way to contract diseases.

There's a thing called Sexual Market Value. A woman's SMV is highest when they are young, obviously when they are most capable of bearing children. A man's value is usually a bit later when they've established themselves with a career and the ability to support a family.

As much as this may grate with certain people it has been the way of the world for centuries. If a woman has spent her best years sleeping around then she might find that most of the men she now wants to settle down with are looking to settle down with a younger woman who will raise a family with him.

Soldato
I don't know, that seems like quite a fringe idea among hard core male rights activists. The vast majority of women aren't radical feminists and if you're a straight man then shunning women is very much into cutting off your nose to spite your face territory.

Hmm not really, the idea is growing very fast. They see horror stories about bias marriage, divorce, child custody laws and false accusations from spiteful ex-wives/girlfriends ruining people's lives before it even gets to court and they are scared away. It's causing anxiety in many men so they just say **** it and avoid marriage or relationships. As is the natural reaction to something a person feels is bad for them.

There are many well off guys "going monk" to protect their assets in the western world. Instead of raising families they go off and spend their lives and money having fun.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The number of MGTOW is minuscule and many of them saying they are so will eventually give in.

It’s like the strong independent women who don’t need no man, they’re full of it and that insecure of themselves that they tar everyone else with the same brush.

Caporegime
Hmm not really, the idea is growing very fast. They see horror stories about bias marriage, divorce, child custody laws and false accusations from spiteful ex-wives/girlfriends ruining people's lives before it even gets to court and they are scared away. It's causing anxiety in many men so they just say **** it and avoid marriage or relationships. As is the natural reaction to something a person feels is bad for them.

It isn't really, it is perhaps a reaction from irrational people - it is very extreme regardless. Even if the idea is growing fast it doesn't mean much given it is still a tiny number of people/a fringe idea... they could double in size over the next year and still be a fringe group.

You'd have to be pretty jaded to just outright reject women in general because of some coverage about how a small minority of women treat men.

Caporegime
Indeed.

The same way that a small amount of feminists being crazy man haters, doesn't mean tha all feminism is bad.... :D

well yeah, there are pretty obvious parallels between feminists and mens rights activists tbh..

most people just agree with equality/fairness and even most people who'd perhaps say that they support rights for either gender to be treated fairly wouldn't generally self define as either of those types

Caporegime
What the hell is MGTOW?

Basically men who want to spend the rest of their lives single as they’re so well off and good looking that no woman deserves their seed.

It’s hilarious really when the main bulk of the movement is on reddit and it’s quite obvious from reading posts that there’s many fedora wearers on there believing they’re something they aren’t.

Man of Honour
You'd have to be pretty jaded to just outright reject women in general because of some coverage about how a small minority of women treat men.

Except that isn't what MGTOW is about. They avoid long term commited relationships with women rather than reject women. It's not the same thing.

Man of Honour
Sounds like a handy excuse for those who fear commitment to me.
And their view would be that it's right to fear commitment if that exposes them to an extremely high risk financially and emotionally.

So not a handy excuse, but a deliberate effort to avoid massive negative impacts in their life.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

And their view would be that it's right to fear commitment if that exposes them to an extremely high risk financially and emotionally.

So not a handy excuse, but a deliberate effort to avoid massive negative impacts in their life.

Sounds like an excuse they use to explain why they are single, rather than deliberately choosing to be single.

I'd imagine if that's thier outlook then there are a multitude of actual reasons why women won't stay in a relationship with these people.

Caporegime
Except that isn't what MGTOW is about. They avoid long term commited relationships with women rather than reject women. It's not the same thing.

The poster didn't mention MGTOW, he talking about shunning women, including because they don't want to be accused of something... I don't know the details of what MGTOW is about but what he described sounded like shunning them completely rather than just refusing to commit to a long term relationship.

Caporegime
Oh no, they still want to sleep with women (many of them struggle to even do this though) but then they shun that behavior as a reason they won't commit, as if women shouldn't be attracted to men of high value, still baffles me why some humans think raw sexual attraction shouldn't be a thing and that all women should settle early in life for a "nice" provider. If you can't handle the fact that 6ft 2 square jawed, symmetrical face Chad has a natural appeal to most women then that's on you not them. Just like women need to come to the terms with the fact men will always be attracted to a youthful looking female with certain physical traits like wide hips. Maybe with the likes of CRISPR we'll soon be able to start editing DNA so we can get over this incredibly shallow sexual appeal of ours :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Sounds like an excuse they use to explain why they are single, rather than deliberately choosing to be single.

I'd imagine if that's thier outlook then there are a multitude of actual reasons why women won't stay in a relationship with these people.
It may well sound like that to you. But I doubt that's the actual reason for many (not all) who chooses MGTOW. In fact that's one of the points about it. They aren't trying to convince anyone and don't care about other people's opinion of them. They are simply not playing the game and instead choose to go their own way.

I'm sure they won't lose any sleep over you assuming they are single because they can't be with women, rather than choosing to be single. Because your opinion isn't important to them. That's the point; they have chosen to go their own way. They don't care. They can see it for what it is (in their eyes).

Man of Honour
Some of them seem to care a great deal as they're all over Reddit trying to reaffirm their choice in life and others.
I'm sure many are. Just like there are a myriad of different personalities in all walks of life.

It's really fascinating how in this era of tolerance people feel a need to jump on this behaviour as if it's hurting someone. It's weird how some people can't understand or even appreciate the perspective of others who don't have the same opinions. Very strange.

Soldato
It may well sound like that to you. But I doubt that's the actual reason for many (not all) who chooses MGTOW. In fact that's one of the points about it. They aren't trying to convince anyone and don't care about other people's opinion of them. They are simply not playing the game and instead choose to go their own way.

I'm sure they won't lose any sleep over you assuming they are single because they can't be with women, rather than choosing to be single. Because your opinion isn't important to them. That's the point; they have chosen to go their own way. They don't care. They can see it for what it is (in their eyes).

Exactly. Basically is a group (more of an idea) that just doesn't give a **** about social norms.

Lets face it, a lot of people get married because they think it's what they should be doing or are pressured in to it. Not because they actually want to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom