#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Soldato
Agreed, its the one reason I dont risk it. I know my intentions, but another parent wont and assume the worst.

Every guy talking to a child that is not his own is a pedo right?

Its almost like we all need to strap a 24/7 GoPro to our heads to cover our backsides.

Were you wearing a brown mac, sunglasses, brown sandles, a hat?

Or is this flashers wear I lose track what is trendy nowadays.

Man of Honour
When I was a kid one of our neighbours used to take the kids out in his convertible sports car. I went a few times. It was completely innocent and a nice thing for the kids. As far as I know none of us ever complained about appropriate behaviour when out with him and I knew all the other kids for years. That would never happen now as he'd be lynched by the parents and then arrested :(

Its almost like we all need to strap a 24/7 GoPro to our heads to cover our backsides.

That's one hell of a large GoPro if it covers your head and your arse :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Were you wearing a brown mac, sunglasses, brown sandles, a hat?

Or is this flashers wear I lose track what is trendy nowadays.
1.jpg

This is the look I usually go for.

Soldato
Thing is most men wouldn't care if a women touched them, let alone report it. Many would probably enjoy it :p

Personally I would probably just laugh. Unless she was a minger, then I'd tell her to get lost and join #MeToo

Last edited:
Soldato
I have, in the literal sense, (I. E unsolicited physical contact of a sexual nature) been 'assaulted' many times by women.

Don't think I have ever physically sexually assaulted anyone else (but then I suppose I have given the wife and former girlfriends the odd unsolicited tap on the back side...) ... No doubt I have made the odd 'of colour' remark and have asked out women (not work colleagues) and been rebuffed (which some women seem to classify as sexual harassment but of course only if they are not interested...)

On the other hand I have had my genitals groped twice, once by a complete stranger and once by a fellow pupil at school, had my backside pinched a lot in clubs and woken up when away with a uni expo club to find a drunk female member of the club trying to undress/mount me.

#metoo?

Of course being 6'+ male and circa 200 pounds I never felt personally threatened in any of these circumstances and at the time mostly found it funny or at least it something that has not troubled me much since.

I suppose the really question is is it your actions that matter or who you inherently are?

I can't in reality stop being the man I am no more than I can stop myself being white and hetrosexual.

But these days identity politics seems to have caused the 'original sin' of being born a certain way to count more than your actions and words in some circumstances.

Last edited:
Soldato
It will if people grow some, and say ******** to all this crap. Proper sexual assaults are bad, a brief touch on the knee or a suggestive remark, no bloody grow some

No one will because of you know that thing called political correctness.

If you say that touching a lady's leg doesn't amount to any form of noteworthy sexual harassment then the assumption will be that you believe its also ok to flash your todger to work colleagues and send random women d*k pics on whatsapp and SMS.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Soldato
The overwhelming majority of men are physically stronger than any woman they are ever likely to encounter. Very few women are physically stronger than any man they are ever likely to encounter.

Its strange isn't it people (largely) accept the obvious, massive inherent population differences in body strength between men and women when looking at the vastly different outcomes around physical tasks ....

But when looking at different outcomes elsewhere become stranglely reluctant to a ascribe at least a significant factor in the difference of outcomes being inherent population differences between men and women?

Caporegime
Its strange isn't it people (largely) accept the obvious, massive inherent population differences in body strength between men and women when looking at the vastly different outcomes around physical tasks ....

But when looking at different outcomes elsewhere become stranglely reluctant to a ascribe at least a significant factor in the difference of outcomes being inherent population differences between men and women?
It's strange that people talk in riddles so you have to goad them into saying what they actually mean.

Soldato
As has been pointed out, a pass at the opposite sex is only harassment when they're not interested, else it's a welcome ice breaker. The cartoon on the previous page sums it up perfectly.

Even most women would agree that Fallon should still be in a job.

Soldato
It's strange that people talk in riddles so you have to goad them into saying what they actually mean.

Riddles?

Sometimes you have to use slightly longer words and sentences to explain more nuanced concepts and expect your audience to have a degree of understanding of the terminology in use..... I'll try a specific example if that helps ...

Lots of people who insist that let's say for example the 'pay gap' is the result of a societally constructed system of oppression and not the result of inherent differences in men and women (when looked at as a whole not on an individual basis) will suddenly resort to sexual dimophism between the sexes to explain why the same act (let's say an unsolicited sexual act) is worse for one sex than another.....

Simple enough? Or is it still all a riddle?

Last edited:
Caporegime
As has been pointed out, a pass at the opposite sex is only harassment when they're not interested, else it's a welcome ice breaker. The cartoon on the previous page sums it up perfectly.

Even most women would agree that Fallon should still be in a job.

A pass is not harassment even if it's unwelcome, in the eyes of the law harassment requires a series of events and the 'accused' MUST (or should know) know that it is unwelcome, so if you don't tell them that it's unwelcome how will they ever know? that's the weird thing about the Michael Fallon resignation, as soon as she made clear it wasn't welcome he stopped so in a legal sense he has not committed any crime.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Riddles?

Sometimes you have to use slightly longer words and sentences to explain more nuanced concepts and expect your audience to have a degree of understanding of the terminology in use..... I'll try a specific example if that helps ...

Lots of people who insist that let's say for example the 'pay gap' is the result of a societally constructed system of oppression and not the result of inherent differences in men and women (when looked at as a whole not on an individual basis) will suddenly resort to sexual dimophism between the sexes to explain why the same act (let's say an unsolicited sexual act) is worse for one sex than another.....

Simple enough? Or is it still all a riddle?
The gender pay gap is explicable to a degree, sure.

Not sure that translates to the double standard you're alluding to.

Soldato
A pass is not harassment even if it's unwelcome, in the eyes of the law harassment requires a series of events and the 'accused' MUST know that it is unwelcome, so if you don't tell them that it's unwelcome how will they ever know? that's the weird thing about the Michael Fallon resignation, as soon as she made clear it wasn't welcome he stopped so in a legal sense he has not committed any crime.

Theres the legal meaning of harassment by law in England and Wales (a course of conduct which a person knows or ought to know amounts to harassment) and then there's the usage of the word in my general terms which often includes people saying that an unsolicited proposition would constitute 'harassment' but only if it's rebuffed/unwanted by the recipient.

Soldato
The gender pay gap is explicable to a degree, sure.

Not sure that translates to the double standard you're alluding to.

You dont believe it's a double standard to insist that men and women are essentially (inherently) the same in one scenario when it suits the agenda but then resort to men and women are inherently different in another to explain why the same set of actions are far worse for one sex then the other?

Back
Top Bottom