#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Caporegime
Classic example this week at work. Man hauled in to hr for sexually inappropriate gestures. He had been demonstrating to another man how to operate a piece of equipment when a woman walked past and reported it. He received an informal verbal warning.
The same woman in front of several people then declared that she would do x and y to a man who had walked in to reception. Nothing. Not a thing.

Man of Honour
Classic example this week at work. Man hauled in to hr for sexually inappropriate gestures. He had been demonstrating to another man how to operate a piece of equipment when a woman walked past and reported it. He received an informal verbal warning.
The same woman in front of several people then declared that she would do x and y to a man who had walked in to reception. Nothing. Not a thing.

Come on Dis, we’re all playing various hand movements over in our minds, which was it?

Exactly.
He compared women to a vice and then seems surprised why the woman calls him out on it.

I wasn’t comparing women to smoking and drinking, and if you have half a brain cell, you probably know it.
Anyone who has heard what I said, “I only ever got into booze and women, two out of three ain’t bad”, KNOWS that it’s just a humorous throwaway line, absolutely not insulting to women in the slightest.
Smoking aside, as it’s evil IMO, alcohol and women are two of the greatest things since sourdough bread, I think.

Soldato
Umm personally I couldn't care less what you think about women I'm not judging you.

If some random woman said men are the best things since sliced bread. Why on earth would I care?

Therefore some random bloke says women are the best things since sliced bread. Why should any other woman care?

Soldato
If you mean that I can’t see which post of mine asim has edited, in the manner of a 5 y.o., you’re right, I can’t see it.

hmmmmmm indeed, sad man asim, sad man.

5yo lol? Calm down.

You said women were the best things since sour bread.

I just took out the bread and focussed on you calling women "things". You have explicitly referred to women as things. You cant deny it based on the method I used to highlight the fact lol.

Man of Honour
5yo lol? Calm down.

You said women were the best things since sour bread.

I just took out the bread and focussed on you calling women "things". You have explicitly referred to women as things. You cant deny it based on the method I used to highlight the fact lol.

Getting tiresome now pal, I said sourdough bread, but it suits your agenda to turn that into sour bread, a nastier connotation.
My first contribution to this thread was post # 798, my next, # 817, culminating in # 825, in none of those posts do I explicitly refer to women as “things.”
The method you used was to edit my post down to “women are...things”, your edit, not my explicit words.
Saying women and alcohol are great things, is not insulting womanhood by using the word things.

Capodecina
Soldato
Getting tiresome now pal, I said sourdough bread, but it suits your agenda to turn that into sour bread, a nastier connotation.
My first contribution to this thread was post # 798, my next, # 817, culminating in # 825, in none of those posts do I explicitly refer to women as “things.”
The method you used was to edit my post down to “women are...things”, your edit, not my explicit words.
Hey man, come on; next you will suggest that the guy is a conspiracy theorist with a persecution complex!

Soldato
Saying women and alcohol are great things, is not insulting womanhood by using the word things.

To be honest I couldn't care less. I never said you are insulting womanhood and if you think i meant that then sorry. As I said earlier I'm not here to judge how you treat women and sorry if my "hmmmmmm" made you feel that way.

Soldato
Hey man, come on; next you will suggest that the guy is a conspiracy theorist with a persecution complex!

And? If you have any pent up unresolved crap from other threads then you should go back to those specific threads and explain yourself better. No point bringing up nonsense from old threads when you can go back and explain how my foresight (or what you call "conspiracy theory") has been wrong.

Man of Honour
To be honest I couldn't care less. I never said you are insulting womanhood and if you think i meant that then sorry. As I said earlier I'm not here to judge how you treat women and sorry if my "hmmmmmm" made you feel that way.

I think that you were a little bit out of order, but I have no desire to keep picking at it,
I’d rather put it behind us and forget it, deal?

Soldato

Big corporations have enforced this inequality for years.

Permabanned
You should've just got up and left

I cannot understand why anyone who has watched a woman trying to use tools would even contemplate going to a female dentist, Jeez, most can't even change a wheel on a car with printed instructions under the boot lid or in the handbook. No way would I have one probing around in my mouth or using a drill on me ;) That apart from most these days seem hormonally unbalanced and ready for a court case over the tiniest perceived sleight. The only time they should don rubber gloves is at the kitchen sink.

Soldato
I cannot understand why anyone who has watched a woman trying to use tools would even contemplate going to a female dentist
you have not met the right women, the Apple sweat-shops with them assembling the intricate internal workings of the iphone .....
- recent news article saying the dexterity of both genders is reducing beacuse we don't sew, do diy, or many manual tasks, so surgeons need more training.

Caporegime
Latest #MeToo victim - Dean Martin's Christmas song "Baby it's cold outside":

7qVuGcx.jpg

https://www.nme.com/news/music/more-us-radio-stations-are-banning-baby-its-cold-outside-2417681

The classic Christmas song ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ has been banned from an increasing number of US radio stations, after listeners complained that it was inappropriate in the age of #MeToo.

Critics say that the 1944 song sees a woman being pressured to stay at a man’s home, despite her own suggestions that she should leave.

FFS :D :D :D

And to think that Michael Bublé even exposed kids to this misogynistic abomination, he must be an alt far right nazi fascist deplorable.

in other news there are also calls to ban another Christmas song "Fairytale of New York"

https://www.nme.com/news/music/some...be-removed-from-fairytale-of-new-york-2417374

Back
Top Bottom