#MeToo - is it just different for men and women?

Soldato
Should it be the same rights and respect for both men and women? Yes, is the reality like this ? Sadly No.

You got to remember while of course every human should have equal rights, men and women live almost opposite lives as far as attention goes. I fully support people should be treated with respect whoever they are, and I try my best when I talk to anyone to afford them such respect.

This is a forum of mostly male middle aged people so the comments of 'id not mind' are naive and of one mindset - the reality is, most women just don't go up to men and grope/shout/make passes at them...........so because its rare and novel and 'flattering' to a human (male) who in more often than not occasions won't get attention......... thus they like it.

HOWEVER, women, not all, but a vast majority live with being passes being made at them, day in, day out, their physical attractiveness dictates how all other humans approach or talk to them, I was talking with a female friend yesterday who showed me disgusting texts from her boss, constantly msging her "see u tomorrow, id bend you over in work and **** your little ******" -- and that was the nicest text of endless horrible msgs.

I asked why doesn't she report him ? - because it would make her life hell apparently, made me sick reading that.

So its as simple as that, the majority of 50% of humanity live in world where they get no direct attention and once in a blue moon get attention or pull - the other 50% live in a world where they get shouted at just going out the door, grabbed by any random in any situation (and think your self how that may make you feel, especially as the generally smaller physical gender) - of course I have said 'most people' here - there are the 1% exceptions of ridiculously attractive men who no will get endless attention, and also some women that won't get any attention.

You have to think about the entire situation in its context - and seeing how countless women I know (nearly all of them) have posted 'me too' on fb.........you can see why its a widespread problem.

So yeah, its different for men and women to answer the OP.

Soldato
You dont believe it's a double standard to insist that men and women are essentially (inherently) the same in one scenario when it suits the agenda but then resort to men and women are inherently different in another to explain why the same set of actions are far worse for one sex then the other?
Of course they are different!

One is male.
One is female

Different.

Soldato
I had a couple of pretty rotten looking women come up behind me in a bar and start grabbing my :eek: a while ago.
1st time I turned round and told her to get lost and what I thought of her, 2nd time I pushed her away gently with my arm while raising my voice, 3rd time I lost my **** and pushed her to the floor.

Instantly half the white knight males in the bar turned and saw a women on the floor in front of me and get up in my face about it with a few trying to swing punches, the only thing that saved me was the bouncer saw the whole thing and got straight in the way and took me outside pretty gently.

I did consider going back and asking them for the cctv tapes but forgot about it after a few drinks.

I'm not overly proud of how I reacted but I don't react well to people invading my personal space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Theres the legal meaning of harassment by law in England and Wales (a course of conduct which a person knows or ought to know amounts to harassment) and then there's the usage of the word in my general terms which often includes people saying that an unsolicited proposition would constitute 'harassment' but only if it's rebuffed/unwanted by the recipient.

Everyone will have unknowingly annoyed or upset someone at some point in their lives so we're all guilty of the general terminology of it. It's a low threshold for forcing a resignation.

Man of Honour
Queen, Theresa May, Nicola Sturgeon, Amber Rudd and Cressida Dick.

I didn't say they abuse their power, but rather they are capable of doing so because of their position. Theresa May definitely abuses folk in the House of Commons when her cleavage is on display however.

Mmmm, I’m obviously not watching PMQs intently enough, are you hinting that when some possibly hard to elude political questions look like being on the agenda, Teresa opts for a little “lift and separate” number to reduce Corbyn to jelly?

Caporegime
You dont believe it's a double standard to insist that men and women are essentially (inherently) the same in one scenario when it suits the agenda but then resort to men and women are inherently different in another to explain why the same set of actions are far worse for one sex then the other?
You don't think it's unreasonable to assert that I'm claiming men and women are entirely indistringuishable in all circumstances?

RDM

RDM

Soldato
There's more to the Fallon thing than just his touching JHB's knee half a lifetime ago. There are recent events being referred to.

In a recent interview he even said that it is likely that more will come to light. So resigning is probably a good thing.

Soldato
You don't think it's unreasonable to assert that I'm claiming men and women are entirely indistringuishable in all circumstances?

Well clearly you are not asserting that as you made an absolute assertion that the same act committed against a person would have a different effect on them based on their sex...

Women are physically vulnerable from the get go. If you can't see that that readily translates into wider fears then that's your failing.

Caporegime
Well clearly you are not asserting that as you made an absolute assertion that the same act committed against a person would have a different effect on them based on their sex...
OK, fine, let's say that women are generally physically vulnerable compared to men. Yes, Gina Carano can handle herself, but by and large women are at a massive disadvantage physically.

Man of Honour
When I was younger and more naive several women took advantage of me; I always paid on dates, bought them meals, drinks, presents, etc. They never offered to. Now I realise it was just abuse of their power as beautiful women.

#MeToo

Soldato
I imagine it is different for men and women. Should it be different? Not at all but in the past up until recently, advances generally come more often and more aggressively from men rather than women.

With that in mind, some men will likely take the rare time they get a pat on the bum or a crude gesture as a funny, complimentary advance (as shown by some replies in this thread :p) if it was from someone who was not horrendously bad looking. I think if you were a woman, that advance can be added to the number of other unsolicited advances you have received and filed away under annoying because the guy is full of himself or full on harassment depending on the guys moves.

The times are changing and so are the attitudes towards courting but we still have a few old school attitudes when it comes to dating/relationships/advances.

Back
Top Bottom