Michael Schumacher 'Hurt In Skiing Accident'

Caporegime
I thought they were moving him to a new place for recovery but he would still be in a coma?

not sure if story is legit or crossed wired

Associate
As much as he is out of his coma, this by no means he is out of the woods. Unfortunately it's unlikely he will ever make a full recovery, as of now he will probably have lost use of most of his limbs, speech and full cognitive ability. These may or may not come back over time and some serious rehabilitation.
He will continue to need lots of help and care, but this is at least good news. Fingers crossed for him!

Permabanned
Yeeeeeees. Good news but still a long way to go. Keep fighting Schumacher. Ever since you've been in a coma Vettel has turned into a whiney git and has even been told to "up his game" from red bull :p

Soldato
As much as he is out of his coma, this by no means he is out of the woods. Unfortunately it's unlikely he will ever make a full recovery, as of now he will probably have lost use of most of his limbs, speech and full cognitive ability. These may or may not come back over time and some serious rehabilitation.
He will continue to need lots of help and care, but this is at least good news. Fingers crossed for him!

That's some pretty big assumptions there!

Soldato
What does this mean exactly, if he's not in a coma but not awake?

1- When you typed that you were alert.
2 -If you were lightly asleep you would respond if I talked to you.
3- If you were deep asleep you would ignore my speech but if I were to stick a pin in your hand you would wake up.
4 -If you were in a coma you would not respond to anything.

He is most likely at 3) responding to painful stimuli so not in a coma strictly speaking but hardly alert and conscious.

He's out of danger?

Most likely immediate danger but you would always consider him as having increased risk due to his immobility amongst other things.

Man of Honour
Former F1 champion Michael Schumacher has left a Swiss hospital to continue his recovery at home, his manager says.

Sabine Kehm said in a statement that he had made "progress", but there was "a long and difficult road ahead".

Good news that he's made it home but as before there is no update on his condition and I suspect that it isn't that good.

Soldato
I think you have to be careful with releasing too much info, especially for someone who has been in a coma so long. Maybe its the families wishes to keep this internally for the time being but you can only hope on the small signs of "Progress" they instate.

There are still chances that he might not be the Michael that used to be with such a lenghy time in such condition.

Man of Honour
Still nothing to say he isn't totally devoid of any physical abilities and probably mental ones, has anything other than he moves his eyes been said. :(

Caporegime
I don't want to be negative about the whole thing but quite often people are sent home to die, or when there's nothing more the hospital can do for them other than keep them comfortable. In those situations it's easier for the family if the mod-cons are made available in their own home and the patient spends the rest of their days there instead of taking up a hospital bed.

One

One

Soldato
TBH we've been told nothing to draw conclusions from and so we shouldn't. Is he on life support, isn't he? Can he talk, can't he? Can he move, can't he? He could very well be a vegetable but we don't know. He may be mentally okay but suffer from severe head pain from too much stimuli. Anything can answer why we've not seen him but since we've had no updates we can't really make any assumptions whatsoever.

Soldato
While on the one hand the family has a complete right to privacy, I do think it is a little strange to give little to no update to his fans on his condition. On that basis I can only assume that the man we once knew as Michael Schumacher no longer exists.

Back
Top Bottom