*** Nintendo Switch ***

Unless you find a used one for about £100, I'd skip and wait for Switch 2.
I sold mine a few years ago but bought another one for about £100 specifically for Tears of the Kingdom. Rumours still say early 2025 for Switch 2 so I've been happy catching up with the Switch library. No Steam Deck/handheld PC for me so it's nice having a portable console again.

I've dusted off the old 3DS and picked up Zelda Ocarina of Time (never played it before). See if I have as much time as I hope to have for it before plugging for a Switch.
I think this was a smart move. The Switch isn't going anywhere any time soon, you've got plenty of time to get a new or used one if you feel like it down the road. Likewise you don't have to get a Switch 2 on day 1. If and when you do you've got a large library to catch up on if you have the time.

Hope you do get time to enjoy it as there are definitely some great games ahead across the two consoles.

Switch is still gathering dust, but that Donkey Kong Country HD game may be the one that gets me playing again. DK games have such nostalgia for me. Nintendo rinsing me over the same games, again and again :D

You should because it’s just joyful. The best platformer they’ve put out for years. Just brimful of cool ideas that will make you rage and smile!
Definitely getting the rage part, don't think I can't be bothered with this sort of challenge nowadays so will move it on. I know it'll just sit there forever untouched otherwise.

I’ve got a trip coming up and could have done with my switch I sold a couple years back.

Really thought these would be cheaper knowing a new one is around the corner.

I’ll never forget walking into rumbelows seeing an Atari lynx 2 on sale for £25 lol. Mate bought it the week Before for 105.

Last edited:
I probably had just under ten switches over the years. Would want to play a game, then sell it as nothing to play, rinse and repeat.
Look forward to the next one unless they do a Nintendo and release something woefully underpowered and without an OLED screen.

I probably had just under ten switches over the years. Would want to play a game, then sell it as nothing to play, rinse and repeat.
Look forward to the next one unless they do a Nintendo and release something woefully underpowered and without an OLED screen.
Or something completely different, and go back to non portable! Would be a firm no from me if the next Nintendo console isn't a portable

Or something completely different, and go back to non portable! Would be a firm no from me if the next Nintendo console isn't a portable

Not sure how I'd feel about that tbh. I mean I rarely ever used it docked but that was partly as it looked so bad on my TV. I doubt they'd do that now.

I used mine docked for 95% of the time but I appreciated it when I didn't. The question is, how much would I sacrifice on the portability front for something with good performance.

Back
Top Bottom