*** Nintendo Switch ***

Yeah surely there's one more Christmas cycle pushing the Switch. More likely to announce a special/collectors edition if you ask me :p

Launching the new switch right before Christmas is just going to be a recipe for disaster with scalpers. It has to be next year and with a big production volume ready.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought it had all but been confirmed we weren't going to see it launch this side of Christmas anyway; its clear its either now in mass production or close though given the amount of leaks we've seen recently.

Personally I'm looking forward to it; most of my casual gaming is now done on my Switch and I'd just love to see one with a bit more oomph at this point.

All they've announced officially is that they'll announce it this financial year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar pattern play out to that of the Switch, or even more compressed in terms of timeline.

They didn't officially confirm the release date of March 2017 until January 2017 (something like 6 or 7 weeks ahead of release), I would expect a similar 'late' announcement of release date, even if we see the console itself announced a bit sooner.

Given the Switch is still performing pretty well though and has a healthy batch of new software for the end of 2024, it wouldn't surprise me if they keep news of the successor quieter until 2025 anyway - it's a bit different to the situation with the WiiU which was dead on it's backside by 2016.

Back
Top Bottom