1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nintendo Switch ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Boomstick777, Jan 6, 2016.

1. satchef1

Mobster

Looks alright to me.

Luigi's Mansion 3
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Pokémon
    Animal Crossing
    Yoshi's Crafted World
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
    Daemon X Machina
    Town

Plus maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario Maker 2, and/or Bayonetta 3. Apparently there's a couple of unannounced titles as well, one of which "fans will be delighted to see", and the other will be "a nice fit to the online program". Though it's quite possible that they could be referring to previously announced games that haven't been unveiled yet (Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker, Metroid).

I'll be surprised if some don't skip to 2020 TBH. I'm betting that Town, Bayonetta, and either Animal Crossing or Pokémon won't make it out until next year.

If anything, 2018 was a fairly lackluster year. Smash, Pokémon Let's Go, plus the fairly naff Mario Tennis Aces and a bunch of Wii U ports.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. dragonslayer

Gangster

I actually think 2019 is looking to be the best year the switch has had for game releases we've got so many first and 3rd party games coming this year.
    personally i think the direct will focus mainly on 3rd party stuff and possibly even a party chat feature announcement/netflix

3. Huddy

Hitman

I have a feeling we're going to see some DLC for MK8 which is what the "fans will be delighted to see" statement could be about. I just can't see them releasing MK9 anytime soon.

4. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I'd be happy with that.

5. Jimbo

Soldato

6. fez

Capodecina

For every "good" decision Nintendo makes for its fans they make 20 that are utterly retarded. Its hard to be too positive.

7. Plainsong

Soldato

Good shout. I'd be all over that.

8. Plainsong

Soldato

I know what you mean but I still prefer to remain positive!

9. fez

Capodecina

I'll be pessimistic to balance things out :p

10. Cryfreeman

Mobster

Fingers crossed here for a new Pikmin. Would make an awesome game to play while I travel

11. Yrkoon

Wise Guy

i want a new starfox.

12. jmc007

Mobster

Pilot Wings still. :rolleyes:

13. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

Nintendo really should do a console only version of the switch ... Which defeats the object of a switch :)

But you know what I mean. :D

Sealed box. Two pads

14. malachi

Sgarrista

Didn't we all and look what Nintendo pooped out :(

15. kurosagi01

Gangster

Shin megami tensei V is still in the works..wonder if we will get update on that, never played previous titles but i'm sure my GF would be interested in this as she likes Persona series.

16. fez

Capodecina

They do a "console only" version sans dock but I think that Nintendo have found a concept that will become their core for a long time to come now so they want to push the idea of a mobile console that can be docked if you want. Not a console that has no ability to be taken out of the home. Thats the unique element of the console so to take it away might lead to developers getting lazy about certain elements of their game design. It would also increase calls for a "pro" version as a home only version of the switch wouldn't have to contend with thermal issues like the current one.

17. Plainsong

Soldato

The hybrid nature of it is the whole appeal. You get the best of both worlds. Obviously people will always want more power and we'll get that in later generations. There will be incremental upgrades (slim, XL etc) but I doubt we'll see a console that you can't pick up and leave the house with - not for a long time anyway.

18. jrwagh333

Mobster

Won't happen.

N64 - No revision
    GameCube - No revision
    Wii - Revision years and years later
    Wii U - No revision

The Switch is a home console with the ability to play on-the-go, I don't think Nintendo see it as a portable with the ability to play at home

19. Plainsong

Soldato

I think they see it as both. The sharp decline in new 3DS software means to me that they have all their eggs in one Switch-shaped basket.

20. fez

Capodecina

Yeah, the Switch has done far far better than they ever dreamed and as a result the handheld market it dominated before has largely shifted to the Switch and therefore they have pretty much abandoned the 3DS.