• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Okay thanks both

Tried these settings on port royal but it crashed near the end, i can do 965mv though and do the run no problem with a 78% PL. What wattage does yours pull at 78% PL? I'm seeing anywhere between 310-350w.
Yup, a 350W-ish sounds about right. PL will do it on its own but the undervolt will help to go lower when not much load on the system.

Soldato
Yup, a 350W-ish sounds about right. PL will do it on its own but the undervolt will help to go lower when not much load on the system.

Perfect, glad to know im on the right line at least. I could get mine under 300w with a 70% PL but i noticed the core clock would drop quite abit in port royal resulting in a much lower score (about 1000 points difference). FPS wise it was a few as well so i think i'll stick with what i have right now, seems a good spot to be in.

Soldato
It varies from game to game but this is the result in Spiderman Remastered, Max settings, DLSS Quality, FG etc...

Stats on the left hand side, Wattage at the bottom of the stats.

Stock

gbk7KWP.jpg

Power level set to 70

WR9q5Hi.jpg

Power level set to 70 + undervolt.

jd85PPO.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It varies from game to game but this is the result in Spiderman Remastered, Max settings, DLSS Quality, FG etc...

Stats on the left hand side, Wattage at the bottom of the stats.

Stock

gbk7KWP.jpg

Power level set to 70

WR9q5Hi.jpg

Power level set to 70 + undervolt.

jd85PPO.jpg

200w with the PL and undervolt is nuts but you do take quite a hit in performance though. Nice to see it can be achieved, i might try this setting on a game that runs stupid fps by lowering it to 200w. Would certainly save me a lot of unncessary heat generation.

Soldato
I tried various settings and found that to be the best overall one for perf/power usage.

Same i've been playing about with it for 2 days now but your settings seem to be the sweet spot. Learning how to undervolt this doesn't seem that different to how i did it on my 3090 come to think of it now.

Soldato
200w with the PL and undervolt is nuts but you do take quite a hit in performance though. Nice to see it can be achieved, i might try this setting on a game that runs stupid fps by lowering it to 200w. Would certainly save me a lot of unncessary heat generation.

And in this specific game if you turn off frame generation and limit the FPS to 60 as 60 is perfectly playable, The power savings go down even further which in turn drops the heat output.

kXejpNH.jpg

Soldato
Have many folks on here tried the cablemod angled adapters? I've recently bought a 4090(for the second time :o) and I'm unable to close the side panel currently but an adapter should fix this... But I'm just wondering are there any known issues with these or are they known for failing?

Associate
Have many folks on here tried the cablemod angled adapters? I've recently bought a 4090(for the second time :o) and I'm unable to close the side panel currently but an adapter should fix this... But I'm just wondering are there any known issues with these or are they known for failing?
Recently been looking at the CableMod Basics RT-Series 12VHPWR 90 Degree PCI-e Cable (not adapter - replacement cable.) I already got the modmesh standard cablemod cable, but this would be a lot cleaner. Doesn't look like they have versions other than 'basics' at the moment. No issues with the current cable I am using, other than a bit of a bend at the side panel, but not too severe.

Associate
Hi Guys, just joined the club with a 4080 (my last Nvidia was a GTX 260 lol ) and was wondering if my undervolt was ok. Bought an MSI

I'm not looking at anything extreme, just wanted something nice and easy and I seem to have settle for 2700Mhz @ 0.940mV. I have to say that I'm amazed by how cool and how little power the card uses with this undervolt, so overall it seems good to me but I'd like to make sure that I'm not missing something. Thanks.

P.S: forgot to say, I went for an MSI Ventus 3x OC, the cheapest I could find.

Last edited:
Associate
Picked up a 4070 Ti gaming X trio for £679 brand new - 20% off + a further £50 at an online retailer.. i game at 4K and haven’t found any issues with it. Clocks to 2970mhz for games and +1725mhz on the VRAM for 587gb/s bandwidth - the games I play happily a locked 60fps at 4k maxed settings using anywhere from 120-300 watts depending on what games and how taxing it is.. for example Doom and days gone uses 150 watts and the fans remain 30% whilst the GPU sits at mid 50s temp wise. Much prefer over my 3090

Back
Top Bottom