• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

I was hoping to treat myself to a 1080Ti today (I'm 30 today) but can't see stock. Sure there is elsewhere at higher cost on a card that will have questionable warranty, but I'll prefer to wait to be safe.
I'm going to go for a FE card.
Happy birthday! If i see any in stock ill pm you :) But you'll probably know before me anyway hehe.

Soo ive seen the Inno and Asus custom cards. Seem they get bugger all in terms of overclocks vs FE cards. Basically if you wana overclock your card but don't intend to custom water cool your card or slap a AIO kit on it. Then AIB cards are your choice where it keeps noise down and temps. If your intending on getting the 1080Ti under water or a AIO watercooler then cheapest FE card. Ima lookout for Zotac because 3 years warranty with OcUK and then remainder 2 years with Zotac if you register your card within 28 days. Seems like a great deal to me. Not sure if Zotac allow putting on custom coolers such as waterblocks but AFAIK they don't have warranty stickers so i guess its a case of as long as you dont damage the PCB/core or the cooler you removed then your all good.

Soo ive seen the Inno and Asus custom cards. Seem they get bugger all in terms of overclocks vs FE cards. Basically if you wana overclock your card but don't intend to custom water cool your card or slap a AIO kit on it. Then AIB cards are your choice where it keeps noise down and temps. If your intending on getting the 1080Ti under water or a AIO watercooler then cheapest FE card. Ima lookout for Zotac because 3 years warranty with OcUK and then remainder 2 years with Zotac if you register your card within 28 days. Seems like a great deal to me. Not sure if Zotac allow putting on custom coolers such as waterblocks but AFAIK they don't have warranty stickers so i guess its a case of as long as you dont damage the PCB/core or the cooler you removed then your all good.
Are there any more affordable Under-Water Kits? With the information from the EK page I came to the conclusion that I can't afford the 1080 ti AND another 500-700 euros for the block, pump etc.
Otherwise suggestions for AIO watercoolers for the ti? :)

How is the waterblock for the TXP compatible with the 1080Ti when the Ti has extra components on it that need cooled?
Are you sure they actually need cooled? Seems like theres a fair bit of pads where it only seems to be contacting plastic.

1080ti_17ru07.jpg

From my limited testing with the games I'm currently playing at 3440x1440 I'm very happy with the increase in performance from the 980ti,

Wildlands everything on ultra was giving me 35 fps with gsync keeping it smooth and it's now gone to 65fps.
The Division with the settings I was using game me between 55-65 fps on the 980ti and it's jumped to minimum a of 85 to 100 (monitor cap)

Well after an aborted start I'm finally running watercooled 1080ti
Currently getting the air out of the system but hoping to get a bit of overclocking done tonight.

Plus point of fitting the block a second time is you know what to do! :D

I wonder what MSI is cooking up, they so quite this time round, usually i see MSI first this time ASUS is moving quickly

They must have realised that first one out will snap up a lot of the early sales! Hopefully they all get a move on :D

For info, I don't think MSI are changing the cooler from the 1080...

Hello you lovely people. I will definitely be getting a custom model. I am in no rush though ( the joys of getting older so busy with other things). I think I will get a Zotac this time around or Inno. It just depends which comes out first.

Are you sure they actually need cooled? Seems like theres a fair bit of pads where it only seems to be contacting plastic.

1080ti_17ru07.jpg

No they dont, the only extra components that you need to worry about are the Mosfets which are cooled by the included EK pads.

The other extra components only have pads to stop them shorting to the FE cooler as confirmed by EK and do not need active cooling.

Just starting to play around with overclocks on the card.
So far 2020mhz core & 12000mhz memory seems good, several runs of Firestrike & GPU-z render test. Played Doom for 30 mins & all seemed stable.

Just need loop to settle down a little as temps are a bit warmer than I expected after playing Doom.

Back
Top Bottom