• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

My 1080Ti and waterblock turned up today too :) As others have said, the Titan X EK waterblock fits perfectly. I had a Titan X Pascal before selling it and buying the 1080Ti to save some money, and from what I can tell, the boards are near identical. The biggest difference I could see was the missing VRM. Not surprised at all the block fits perfectly. Temps for me were idling at 30 (warm room though), hitting low 40s in heaven with a +500Mhz overclock to memory, and +140Mhz to core. Tbh it overclocks better than my old Titan, not bad lol.

I have to admit. I ordered a FE and wasn't going to bother overclocking. But started researching and got excited with water-cooling everything. And also releasing the cards full potential.

So one of 2 things are going to happen.

1. It's going to blow up and I'm going to buy everything again as i drink my tears.

2. It turns out fine and i keep doing it as my wallet gets destroyed.

If new to overclocking you push your overclock sensibly, 100mhz to start on the core, test running heaven benchmark, add 10 more so now at 110, test, add 10 more etc

It'll crash or black bits will appear on screen or funny colours dial it back a bit so -10 from where you are then job done ✔ There's loads of guides get googling!

It does seem there is a large amount of overclock headroom in these at least on base models rather than the factory overclocked models, can anyone confirm? Are we talking around 20%

From a stock FE on air to a watercooled one around 2100mhz you're looking at about 20% I'd imagine.

Don't think I'm going to watercool until it's warmer as it's going to be about £400 for all the kit I need.

Looks like I need to whip the block off & check contact with the card as temps last night while playing Doom hit 89c :eek:
Idle temps are fine at 24-25c so I'm guessing the core isn't making good contact.

Looks like I need to whip the block off & check contact with the card as temps last night while playing Doom hit 89c :eek:
Idle temps are fine at 24-25c so I'm guessing the core isn't making good contact.

89c on water!?
tenor.gif
, highest I could get mine to last night was 30c after a hour of playing Wildlands.

From a stock FE on air to a watercooled one around 2100mhz you're looking at about 20% I'd imagine.

Don't think I'm going to watercool until it's warmer as it's going to be about £400 for all the kit I need.

Yeah. I looked at watercooling this time as well, but was put off by the entry price. It's cheaper and easier for me to stick with my AIO CPU cooler and go high-end air for my 1080 Ti, with pretty much nothing lost in performance either.

Yeah. I looked at watercooling this time as well, but was put off by the entry price. It's cheaper and easier for me to stick with my AIO CPU cooler and go high-end air for my 1080 Ti, with pretty much nothing lost in performance either.

Did you see the guy spending £600+ W/C his cpu and new Ti? Crazy **** man!!

You nutters :) I get it, it looks really nice and performance is top notch. Understandable too if you have a loop you've built up over time and you're only changing blocks with each upgrade... But from my perspective it's just not worth it, there's no real performance gain for the outlay for me.

Back
Top Bottom