• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Do we have an estimate of when the FE cards will be simply "in stock"? As in, when the cards come in they aren't going straight back out? I can't purchase until pay day but even so, I don't fancy hitting that buy button until I know when I do, it's coming the next day (mostly so I can make sure I'm in for it and not at work).

Gamer Nexus have published their results from fitting a 980/1080 EVGA AIO cooler upgrade so I'll go that route as I have one I bought for $50 months previous. Same process as upgrading my Ref. 980 Ti to EVGA Hybrid except I don't have a new face plate to cover the gubbins.

Gamer Nexus have published their results from fitting a 980/1080 EVGA AIO cooler upgrade so I'll go that route as I have one I bought for $50 months previous. Same process as upgrading my Ref. 980 Ti to EVGA Hybrid except I don't have a new face plate to cover the gubbins.
Interesting and good preview into what can be expected from AIB offerings. ~5% increase from the cooler alone, rising to ~15% if you overclock.

I really want the Seahawk EK but not sure whether to preorder or not ... would ideally like to have it installed before may because my water loop in in a precarious condition and I had to downclock the cpu to 3ghz to stop it overheating, so obviously want to try and fix that at the same time as putting in the new card.

I feel confident in buying one of these as I think it will have good longevity like the original Titan / 290x, I don't know much about Volta but I'm not sure we will see significant performance jump anytime soon, considering how long the 28nm to 16nm transition took, and how advanced the maxwell/pascal architecture seems to be compared to say the 600 series.

https://videocardz.com/67444/colorful-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-igame-features-lcd-display

COLORFUL-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-iGame-1000x613.jpg

needs Debug i think on there :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
just noticed the 2x8 pins are connected via the bottom !

Last edited:
I might do the same, does that Eiswolf cover everything an EK block would?
As far as i know the plate covers the whole card, the block part contacts with the GPU. But from reviews I've seen the load temps are roughly 20c over ambient with slow fans using the dual rad. Shouldn't see more than 50c or so under load. Which is still really good i think. The replaceable plates are about half the cost of a full cover GPU block as well.

The LCD displaying clock speeds is interesting never seen this before.

was mentioning this to a brand and said was a cool idea but wouldn't happen for costs... then this comes in OLED and all !

what would be smart if it could state the air just beneath the fan intake then after a reading of temp after the heatsink , for all the cooling nerds out there

is it me are does the 2x 8 pin connect from the underneath !!!!

Was considering the ti but it can't do Mass Effect Andromeda at 4k 60 so waiting on vega.
If you turn a couple of things down from max it certainly will do 4k60. There's a thread on OC for ME:A and someone posted "1080ti 50-60fps in 4k ultra. - All I did was turn ambient occlusion down 1 notch." So turn down maybe 1 or 2 more settings from max and you'll be fine.

Also I thought it was established that vega would be between the 1080 and 1808 Ti, or am I mistaken? Besides, it's clearly an nvidia title, so I doubt it will run better on AMD unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom