• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide which of the following 1080Ti to pre-order:
  • Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Xtreme Edition" - £859.99
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC - £769.99
  • Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Extreme Spectre RGB - £809.99
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Armor OC - £749.99
  • Palit Geforce GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream - £779.99
  • Geforce GTX 1080Ti GameRock Premium - £779.99
I really can't decide which one to get, and would appreciate help in choosing :) I'm looking for good quality/reliable, quiet cooler, and good customer service in case something goes wrong.

Which one would you choose?

Why not wait until EVGA release their 1080ti?

Hi all,

I really can't decide which one to get, and would appreciate help in choosing :) I'm looking for good quality/reliable, quiet cooler, and good customer service in case something goes wrong.

The one with the longest warranty and the cheapest price as they will all perform the same. So in this case the zotac. Pretty sure you can select a cheaper zotac though without the "bling"

Pre ordered the Zotac GTX 1080 ti Amp Extreme when they were put up that evening and can't wait to get it, is it early april for Zotac we can expect the pre ordered ones ? also is it normal practice for OCUK to charge fully for pre orders ?

Hi all,

I'd wait until they have been released and reviewed. Currently, you can only guess what the final specifications (e.g. Gpu + memory speed) are as well as cooler performance. When spending this kind of money, wouldn't you prefer to know exactly what you would be getting from each option?

guys what am i doing wrong? I just installed my brothers 1080ti with fresh drivers, anyway benched wildlands on 1440p max settings and all we get is a 15-20pfs difference, did the bench 4 times, exactly the same system same settings, also the witcher 3 on max settings is only getting 15 fps difference, so installed the classy 1080 back in, just one card benched it again to compare with the 1080ti and its only behind by an absolute minimum.

The 1080 classy is NOT overclocked and benched at stock levels.

We was expecting at least a 50fps difference, are we expecting too much ? So is it early drivers or do we need to overclock the 1080ti?

same thing happened with my 1070 sli vs 980ti sli kingpins, I only got an absolute minimum.

Plz advise on how i can get better performance.

lol kingpins are faster than any 1070s and 1080 to 1080ti your not going to notice a huge difference but it is one hell of a fast card.

you can get better performance by putting it underwater and overclocking it to the edge of its life.

guys what am i doing wrong? I just installed my brothers 1080ti with fresh drivers, anyway benched wildlands on 1440p max settings and all we get is a 15-20pfs difference, did the bench 4 times, exactly the same system same settings, also the witcher 3 on max settings is only getting 15 fps difference, so installed the classy 1080 back in, just one card benched it again to compare with the 1080ti and its only behind by an absolute minimum.

The 1080 classy is NOT overclocked and benched at stock levels.

We was expecting at least a 50fps difference, are we expecting too much ? So is it early drivers or do we need to overclock the 1080ti?

same thing happened with my 1070 sli vs 980ti sli kingpins, I only got an absolute minimum.

Plz advise on how i can get better performance.

I would be surprised if i saw 50FPS difference going from a 980Ti overclocked pretty high to a stock 1080ti at 1440p in mordern games yea. But a 1080 to 1080Ti i wouldn't of been expecting a massive difference like that lol.
at 1440p id be expecting about 30 - 40 FPS difference going from my 980Ti to a 1080Ti. Getting around 60fps ish in most games for argument sake that would take me right upto 90 - 100 FPS in these games. That's realistic but not from a 1080.

To get more performance than that then sorry but these cards don't exist yet.

I would be surprised if i saw 50FPS difference going from a 980Ti overclocked pretty high to a stock 1080ti at 1440p in mordern games yea. But a 1080 to 1080Ti i wouldn't of been expecting a massive difference like that lol.
at 1440p id be expecting about 30 - 40 FPS difference going from my 980Ti to a 1080Ti. Getting around 60fps ish in most games for argument sake that would take me right upto 90 - 100 FPS in these games. That's realistic but not from a 1080.

To get more performance than that then sorry but these cards don't exist yet.

not sure this is the right game to be comparing performance - it's new and likely not optimized

Pre ordered the Zotac GTX 1080 ti Amp Extreme when they were put up that evening and can't wait to get it, is it early april for Zotac we can expect the pre ordered ones ? also is it normal practice for OCUK to charge fully for pre orders ?

you're not going to be sorry for going with an Amp Extreme. It will come factory overclocked nicely and in my experience the memory will be overclocked like crazy as well. Couple that with the long warranty, you will enjoy that card for a long time :)

guys what am i doing wrong? I just installed my brothers 1080ti with fresh drivers, anyway benched wildlands on 1440p max settings and all we get is a 15-20pfs difference,

That's about right for 1080 to 1080ti... I wasn't expecting any more from mine! I think maybe expectations were a little high.

This isn't a new series remember, I think Ti models are always over hyped! I'm pleased with mine but wouldn't recommend one to a 1080 owner

you're not going to be sorry for going with an Amp Extreme. It will come factory overclocked nicely and in my experience the memory will be overclocked like crazy as well. Couple that with the long warranty, you will enjoy that card for a long time :)

Hope so, never had a zotac card before or an extreme for that matter so looking forward to it, the 5 year is also very appealing imo too ☺️

IMHO - the FE edition under water is a great card but you can clearly see that it is hitting the Power limit even at 1850-1950 range, very and often. To replicate this just fire up Elite Dangerous, set res to 1440p and supersample in game to x2.00. Sit back and watch afterburner blink up the limits like a mofo.

My conclusion on this is that the custom cards don't really need higher clocks to be quicker than the FE, they just need higher power limits. So, this is one of the main things to be looking for in a 1080ti AIB card if you want to water-cool it, if the power limits do not go beyond the FE then you might as well look elsewhere.

Looking back at the 1080 cards it was actually Zotac who came to the party with the most over-engineered board (the Zotac PGF with a huge 16 phases) but the card was not sold in the U.K. This leaves the Classified and the Hall of Fame as the main two with top end power. The classified will definatley bring the tools to the table but it took them an age (months!) to release them for the 1080 card.

There's people on overclock.net got there's stable under water at 2050-2100mhz, without it dropping lower. Even mine on the stock air cooler won't drop any lower than 1950mhz with my overclock.

Honestly with pascal the overengineered pcb's do very little and I wouldnt like to wait around for an AIB then wait around for a waterblock that will fit it.

50mhz on the core is 2-3 fps anyway it's hardly worth the outlay for additional cooling or aib versions for performance, it's worthwhile for noise though.

Back
Top Bottom