• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Yeah because anyone clued up on Pascal knows power phases do very little if anything to help overclocking.

Many will buy in hope for a BIOS update to unlock the power limitations.......as many GTX1080 owners do since May 2016 to remove the dreaded 1.093v limit, or trying to find the unicorn, err the Asus Strixx 1080 1.2v limited bios from the dozen power phases card........ Which doesn't work

And few months down the line they will all realise that all cards OC the same when watercooled, and only the aircooler matters.

running stock cooler? if so those clocks are fine

running water you should see maybe 50-100 more

How exactly does this work on pascal, mine on the stock cooler is around the same as tommys above +120 on the core is max stable on air even with temps in the low 60's if I max the fan and put my 180mm silverstone fan blowing cool air over the card.

Is crashing due to thermal limits?

How exactly does this work on pascal, mine on the stock cooler is around the same as tommys above +120 on the core is max stable on air even with temps in the low 60's if I max the fan and put my 180mm silverstone fan blowing cool air over the card.

Is crashing due to thermal limits?

the lower the temp the better chance you have of reaching a higher overclock, in pascal once the temp hits certain increments the clock will drop a notch each time if you can't keep it low enough

I haven't watched it yet myself but this 1080ti v 1070 Sli has appeared in my youtube list and I thought it might interest some of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMSGaWVr9Ww
Gave it a quick watch and all i can say is I'm glad I sold my 980 Ti sli setup and gone with a 1080 Ti when sli works it's 20-30% slower when it doesn't work it's 70% faster (y)

Well after a weekend of gaming/benchmarking I think I've found my 24/7 settings.....or until the voltage controls are unlocked anyway :D

Core seems rock solid at 2060mhz & memory 5900mhz
Benchmarks at 2088/6000 but had one lock up on FIFA 16 so possibly need a slight tickle of volts to be 100%

All this is with temps around 40c after 2 hours of Forza Horizon 3 @ 1440p ultra settings.

All in all, paint me very happy with it.

She's in and working, probably the most PITA stock cooler I've ever had to remove. My loop is far too long but I got seriously fed up with it all so put it together again and thought 'that'll do'. Just doing updates and drivers etc. I'm a 3440*1440 user so if anyone wants benchmarks doing then tag me.

ZF63CD8.jpg

So i ordered the Eiswolf cooler along with the 240mm radiator, i was wondering whether to swap it for the 360mm radiator? Just for the GPU. It would have to be mounted on top of the case though as I'm using an Enthoo Luxe case, so the tubes would have to go over my NHD15.

If i do this then the thing is it limits me to larger case sizes only in future, and I have been looking at the Thermaltake Core X9 E-ATX Cube case, looks like a beast.

Or is 240mm radiator plenty with slow spinning fans?

I'm using a core x9 and already have a 360mm EK predator cooling my CPU, I'm at odds whether to extend this to the GPU with another rad or just watercool the GPU separately.

The case is massive by the way and I really like having the motherboard laying horizontal, very easy to work in too.

Yeah it looks like it has tons of room, more than most would even need. I'll see if i can change the radiator to a 360mm, for some reason it's saying availability in 4-5 months though :confused: sent them a message anyway. If i can swap it I'll just mount it in the top of my current case for now and think about that other case in the meantime.

So i ordered the Eiswolf cooler along with the 240mm radiator, i was wondering whether to swap it for the 360mm radiator? Just for the GPU. It would have to be mounted on top of the case though as I'm using an Enthoo Luxe case, so the tubes would have to go over my NHD15.

If i do this then the thing is it limits me to larger case sizes only in future, and I have been looking at the Thermaltake Core X9 E-ATX Cube case, looks like a beast.

Or is 240mm radiator plenty with slow spinning fans?

Did you go for the Titan cooler? And did they confirm compatibility with 1080 Ti? I'd be tempted to dump the NHD15 and go all in with Eisbear in a single loop.

This is from alphacool though and afaik they've made no announcement about it. I want to take the same route, just want to save the hassle of finding out the block won't fit properly.

Back
Top Bottom