• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Quick question. I just ordered an Amp Extreme 1080TI, but I noticed that I was charged shipping. I thought shipping was free?

I don't think it states free delivery and I think you need 100 or 150 posts to qualify for free delivery as a forum member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4DJNJyu-Gg&t=12s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUKOERaf6CI

First link is dead rising 4 maxed out on a single 1080 Ti and the second link is Crysis warhead.... But can it run Crysis at 4k? watch and find out ;)

what monitor are you using? pretty impressive on crysis

I don't think it states free delivery and I think you need 100 or 150 posts to qualify for free delivery as a forum member

what monitor are you using? pretty impressive on crysis
Acer S277HK 4k monitor, mate the games looks amazing! Youtube doesn't do it justice and looking at the water and in the forest when I'm at like 80+fps is just a joy :p

what's everyones overclocks on these things?
I can't get more than 120mhz on the core without it locking up :( boosts to 2ghz and then sits off around 1950mhz, then again I suppose a 2050mhz 1080 Ti vs 1950 will only show in benchmarks and in games it'll be 1fps difference so doesn't bother me too much -_-

Mine now underwater with average temp of 36c up to 41c max (after looping heaven for 1 hour)
1886 straight out the box with no OCing at all. with NVI the max i can do without it crashing is +120 which gives me 2012mhz on average with it sometimes dropping to dead on 2000 it does briefly drop 1 stage below to 1987 mainly during fire strike but I would say my 24/7 gaming clocks are 2012/2000

not sure if that's good as when you read reviews and forums people are able to do +160 but Tbh i don't care like you said probably only 1-2 fps difference in games

in the past ive spent days or even weeks messing around with bios mods etc trying to find max clocks

im glad i only spent 1-2 hours on this and now I can just get back to gaming

eKyTICa.png

Mine now underwater with average temp of 36c up to 41c max (after looping heaven for 1 hour)
1886 straight out the box with no OCing at all. with NVI the max i can do without it crashing is +120 which gives me 2012mhz on average with it sometimes dropping to dead on 2000 it does briefly drop 1 stage below to 1987 mainly during fire strike but I would say my 24/7 gaming clocks are 2012/2000

not sure if that's good as when you read reviews and forums people are able to do +160 but Tbh i don't care like you said probably only 1-2 fps difference in games

in the past ive spent days or even weeks messing around with bios mods etc trying to find max clocks

im glad i only spent 1-2 hours on this and now I can just get back to gaming

eKyTICa.png

Phew that's the same as me I've got 120 on my core though I'm running stock cooler with 1:1 fan profile. Temps sit mid 70s and my gaming clocks are 1974-1987 bounces up and down whilst it starts at 2012mhz :) this is such a fast card imagine what Volta Ti will do! I'm hoping Volta ti is a bigger jump than 1080 Ti is from 980 Ti, like a solid 80% faster would be insane and that's when we'll start seeing 4k 144hz coming into play man this time next year :D

it is scary how it's a 2007 game and it'll take Volta Ti to crack CONSTANT 60+fps :(
The game is limiting also to the CPU power, stuck on single core. Crysis 3 scales much better on multicore CPUs, utilizing the 1080Ti properly at 4k you will find.

But with your video, you answered the paramount question, the one that is more important then the meaning of life.
Can it play Crysis? At 4K it seems not....:p

This is why I don't know whether I can be bothered spending hundreds of quid to put mine under water if it's a poop clocker and I only get another 20mhz out of it.
As with the 1080 is power limited to 1.093v :(
So ALL of the 1080Tis going to be the same overclockers under water. It matters more if you have 480 or 360 waterblock serving them :P

mines under water not so much for extra overclocking headroom but because its quieter & less heat generated. extra mhz is a bonus.
That said I'm getting 2088mhz on stock volts with +200 through afterburner & hopefully 2100mhz once the voltage control is unlocked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom