• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

I'm just going to wait for EK's MLC kits to watercool mine I think, with a little tinkering I think the max I'll be able to acheive under water is around 2050mhz, which is about 75mhz more than on the stock cooler atm.

I got one direct from NVidia and put a block on it, no idea if they accept returns or not. It's a risk though, one I hope never to test the water with.

if you use correct screwdrivers you wont strip the paint off the screws but i must admit that is someone to look out for just be careful or use a black marker pen ive done that before with great results :D ;)

as for the thermal paste Chill Factor 3 closely matches most stock TIM in colour but its not hard and dry I guess that might also be an issue also

maybe you can get cheap TIM off eBay that dry s out hard

tbh will they really go that far unless it was physically damaged

They will inspect the returned product and look for common reasons why not to repair/replace you can bet ur sweet behind on that especially given the value of these things and are within their rights to do so. The reason I'm banging on about it is that it's not clear and not obvious in all cases this woolyness is bad for the consumer. People that are merrily buying into Founder Edition cards now with the thought in the back of their mind to 'upgrade the cooler later', you are putting yourself at risk of voiding your warranty on an expensive component.

I have emailed MSI on this exact question, lets see what they say but I haven't heard back from them yet.

I got one direct from NVidia and put a block on it, no idea if they accept returns or not. It's a risk though, one I hope never to test the water with.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/manufacturer_warranty_uk.html
As long as they do not assess the failure to have been the result of you abusing the GPU or mishandling it. I would ask them directly if I were you, just say you are finding the fan a bit louder than expected and want to know if changing the cooler voids the warranty.

As long as they do not assess the failure to have been the result of you abusing the GPU or mishandling it. I would ask them directly if I were you, just say you are finding the fan a bit louder than expected and want to know if changing the cooler voids the warranty.
I'll worry about it if the time ever comes, I'll put the standard stuff back on and if they question anything I'll be honest.

WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
Any problems that do not relate specifically to a manufacturing defect or hardware product failure, including, but not limited to, problems caused by abuse, misuse, negligence, act of God (such as flood), misapplication of service by a party other than an authorised service representative, software, shipment damages, etc.

I have no real idea, but to me that reads like a no, like ChrisD's warranty is voided.

I notice another website, which I won't link, is listing the STRIX with an expected delivery date of 20th April. Take it with a pinch of salt but maybe they didn't pluck that date from nowhere.

if you use correct screwdrivers you wont strip the paint off the screws but i must admit that is someone to look out for just be careful or use a black marker pen ive done that before with great results :D ;)

as for the thermal paste Chill Factor 3 closely matches most stock TIM in colour but its not hard and dry I guess that might also be an issue also

maybe you can get cheap TIM off eBay that dry s out hard

tbh will they really go that far unless it was physically damaged

Some people are really hashy with screwdrivers. Big hands big strength ram it in. Oops *bleep* slipped!

I notice another website, which I won't link, is listing the STRIX with an expected delivery date of 20th April. Take it with a pinch of salt but maybe they didn't pluck that date from nowhere.

I noticed another site last week had it down for 14th April (I'll not name the shop)

*edit* sorry that was the zotac amp extream

Last edited:
Oh I am not, I don't really want the STRIX anyway... would much prefer to get my hands on an EVGA FTW3 but I fear I'll be waiting 8 weeks for that.

why the rush? has your current card died or something? Even if it did you could simply buy an EVGA 1080 for example and use step up to get the TI version you want when they turn up.

thing is when it comes to waiting for all these aftermarket cards by time they actually become available you dont feel the same hype and most the time the next card is not far from being released its a double edged sword most of the times.. reminds of me EVGA kingpin and Asus Matrix releasing their cards like 1month before the new better cards come out.. like whats the point in that

why the rush? has your current card died or something? Even if it did you could simply buy an EVGA 1080 for example and use step up to get the TI version you want when they turn up.

Pretty much this:
thing is when it comes to waiting for all these aftermarket cards by time they actually become available you dont feel the same hype and most the time the next card is not far from being released its a double edged sword most of the times.. reminds of me EVGA kingpin and Asus Matrix releasing their cards like 1month before the new better cards come out.. like whats the point in that

Just hyped for the new card, nothing wrong with my current 980s, other than if Vega poses any serious threat the sooner I can sell them the better before their value further reduces. Step Up with EVGA also normally doesn't allow you to get anything but a reference card, I say normally because they have made exceptions in the past but that is not the norm.

Well I'll let you know in a few days. My first ti was sent back after fitting a waterblock due to no signal.
I never tested before fitting so am hoping they accept it.
If they don't then I'll just write it off to experience, if they replace it then bonus.

I've since ordered a second one & fitted the block & that is working fine.

Back
Top Bottom