• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
Does anyone here play GTA V at 4K?
Im curious as to what frames / what settings you are getting. I like GTA V as a "fairly" taxing game. Its a good yard stick.

I'm waiting to see what VEGA has to offer but if it doesn't best the 1080Ti, then I will be getting a 1080Ti in Q4 to play 4K.

Associate
Does anyone here play GTA V at 4K?
Im curious as to what frames / what settings you are getting. I like GTA V as a "fairly" taxing game. Its a good yard stick.

I'm waiting to see what VEGA has to offer but if it doesn't best the 1080Ti, then I will be getting a 1080Ti in Q4 to play 4K.
I will try it later and let you know.

Soldato
Can someone with an MSI Gaming X model let me know what they are getting for the following readings after running Heaven at max settings for about 10 or so minutes, with the Gaming X at its stock clocks.

- Max boost
- Steady boost
- Max temp
- Max fan speed (%)

It will also be helpful if you state what case you are using and your ambient temp.

With my Gaming X at its stock clocks, I am getting the following:

- Max boost: 1961 mhz
- Steady boost: 1898 mhz
- Max temp: 74 C
- Max Fan speed: 68%

I am using a Corsair 750D airflow and ambient temp is about 19C. All the reviews seem to have considerably better values, but I think this is because they use open test benches. Want to see what people are getting in a typical closed case.

Associate
Sorry, I've just played in a different area and it sometimes drops to 50fps. I use a Samsung tv though rather than a monitor so I can't actualy get more than 60fps anyway. It looks awesome and smooth though. I was going to try to wait for vega but this card allows me to play all my games at 4k so I'm glad I didn't wait.

Soldato
YEah I would be totally
Sorry, I've just played in a different area and it sometimes drops to 50fps. I use a Samsung tv though rather than a monitor so I can't actualy get more than 60fps anyway. It looks awesome and smooth though. I was going to try to wait for vega but this card allows me to play all my games at 4k so I'm glad I didn't wait.
Yeah I would be totally happy with those frames too. Anything over 50 for most of the time and I'm happy. Sounds good.

Soldato
Can someone with an MSI Gaming X model let me know what they are getting for the following readings after running Heaven at max settings for about 10 or so minutes, with the Gaming X at its stock clocks.

- Max boost
- Steady boost
- Max temp
- Max fan speed (%)

It will also be helpful if you state what case you are using and your ambient temp.

With my Gaming X at its stock clocks, I am getting the following:

- Max boost: 1961 mhz
- Steady boost: 1898 mhz
- Max temp: 74 C
- Max Fan speed: 68%

I am using a Corsair 750D airflow and ambient temp is about 19C. All the reviews seem to have considerably better values, but I think this is because they use open test benches. Want to see what people are getting in a typical closed case.
I was getting about 78C in a Fractal Define R5 but since changing to a Silverstone FT05 it now runs at 72C max. This is after a few hours gaming.

I've seen some reviews state 68C but I don't see how that's possible unless they only test the card for 2 minutes.

Caporegime
I was getting about 78C in a Fractal Define R5 but since changing to a Silverstone FT05 it now runs at 72C max. This is after a few hours gaming.

Yup, I also run at slight higher temps due to having a sound-dampened case (Aerocool DS230). Comes with the territory unfortunately, holds the heat for longer (hence warmer card).

Associate
Just think, if Vega smashes the Ti a new one (at least in DX12/Vulkan) then your Ti will be worth about £400 :D :p

I think if AMD had a card like that they would be selling it for the same price as a 1080TI. They do need the money if they want to stay in business and for future development but that said competition is the way to bring down prices.

Soldato
There's virtually no chance in hell of Vega even competing with the 1080 Ti. AMD is struggling big time. Its inevitable bad performance is only going to bring Nvidia prices up, I'm glad I got my Ti while it was still relatively cheap.

Associate
There's virtually no chance in hell of Vega even competing with the 1080 Ti. AMD is struggling big time. Its inevitable bad performance is only going to bring Nvidia prices up, I'm glad I got my Ti while it was still relatively cheap.

I would hardly call a card costing 7-800 pound cheap to be fair, it's a rip off on nvidia's part if you ask me, gpu's have never been so ridiculously high priced.

Back
Top Bottom