• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
Running my 1080TI`s in sli @2050/3027 x4
once temps hit around 47c i will drop a bin lol to 2037 core and stay there...

though single performance 2062/3027 then drop a bin after 10 minutes to 2050/3027 x4

i could go higher but for like 2 extra frames its not worth it lol running XOC bios that gives you no power throttling issues.

Associate
What's the best 1080Ti under £700?
  1. MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Armor OC
  2. GigabyteGeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC
  3. Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080TI
  4. Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Xtreme Edition
  5. MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC
  6. Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Edition
  7. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti Turbo OC
So many to choose from. Not bothered about noise really. More concerned about performance.

And just to make sure, it will be fine fitting in this case? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-enthoo-pro-mid-tower-case-with-window-black-ca-002-pt.html

Soldato
What's the best 1080Ti under £700?
  1. MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Armor OC
  2. GigabyteGeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC
  3. Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080TI
  4. Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Xtreme Edition
  5. MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC
  6. Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Edition
  7. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti Turbo OC
So many to choose from. Not bothered about noise really. More concerned about performance.

And just to make sure, it will be fine fitting in this case? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-enthoo-pro-mid-tower-case-with-window-black-ca-002-pt.html

I'd go for 3,4,5 disregard the rest as they have pretty poor quality coolers. Not sure on the standard zotac amp as the extreme has a much better/thicker 3 fan cooler.

Other than that they all pretty much cool the same, some slightly better than others. Go for the one that best suits your color theme/warranty needs etc.

Nice price on the MSI Gaming X at the minute so i do recommend that having one myself. One of the if not the quitest AIB card so far, mine maintains 2ghz 24/7. It measures in at around 295mm long (including pcie bracket). pcb itself is 275mm.

Associate
I'd go for 3,4,5 disregard the rest as they have pretty poor quality coolers. Not sure on the standard zotac amp as the extreme has a much better/thicker 3 fan cooler.

Other than that they all pretty much cool the same, some slightly better than others. Go for the one that best suits your color theme/warranty needs etc.

Nice price on the MSI Gaming X at the minute so i do recommend that having one myself. One of the if not the quitest AIB card so far, mine maintains 2ghz 24/7. It measures in at around 295mm long (including pcie bracket). pcb itself is 275mm.

Yeah, those 3 do look great. I had a G1 Gaming before and I liked it. The MSI has got great reviews too. Good all rounder!

The dimensions are bigger though..

G1 980Ti I had before = H=39 L=296 W=120 mm
Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Xtreme Edition = H=55 L=293 W=142 mm
MSI 1080Ti = 290 x 140 x 51 mm

Associate
How to overclock these? Anyone had any luck with the Amp extreme?

PErsonally I use the default Zotac Firestorm and works ok, not sure how MSI AfterBurner would be better, however didn't have a chance to test it. Once I installed it, my CAM (Kraken x62 software to regulate speed / temps) went nuts and stopped showing me any controls for the pump, so I had to uninstall it and go back to Firestorm.

Man of Honour
PErsonally I use the default Zotac Firestorm and works ok, not sure how MSI AfterBurner would be better, however didn't have a chance to test it. Once I installed it, my CAM (Kraken x62 software to regulate speed / temps) went nuts and stopped showing me any controls for the pump, so I had to uninstall it and go back to Firestorm.

The most up to date afterburner seems to work ok. Doesn't offer anything much over firestorm though I don't think. Managing to get 24mhz more on the gpu and 109mhz more on the memory so far. Seems stable. Temps never go over 66C and the fan never more than 53%. It is an impressive cooler, takes a long time for the fans to even need to come on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was playing bf4 the other day and decided to ramp up res scaling to 200% and it was still totally playable on a 64 man server, above 60 FPS. I know bf4 is quite old now but still, we are talking 1440p, ultra settings with 200% scaling, i.e. effectively 5k rendering.

I think 4k is very doable on this card.

Back
Top Bottom