• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Caporegime
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...box-ultimate-essential-pcs?ref=indiekings.com

Rather interesting, Nvidia is now advertising their battlebox specifications, which basically means from what I can see, various boutique builders if they meet the spec can call it Nvidia certified Battlebox. Anyway, they've now included Ryzen as an option for CPU rather than just Intel. Quite a surprising step to take, speaks to how good a gaming CPU Nvidia consider Ryzen and that they just can't ignore it.

Associate
What are you using to overclock it? I have maxed voltage % too.

Just the standard Zotac Firestorm.. I tried the Afterburner but strangely it was making my Kraken drivers to stop loading so I had to uninstall it and go back to the Firestorm one. Whatever, as long as it works ;) And yes, me to, power and temp are both maxed out.

V F

V F

Soldato

I wonder if future cards can break into 4 slot sizes. Imagine gaming at some point most of the time with the fans idle 90% of the time.

Associate
Does anyone know anything about the 'core edition' zotac amp extreme? It seems a new version of the card but looks the same as the amp extreme with slightly slower clocks?
I can't find much info on it i.e is it the same hardware/cooling as the expensive version? Same lighting etc?

Associate
Associate
I think the core are the cards are the ones which didn't make the cut for the top tier of of cards, the core bit is actually a sticker on the standard box for the one I have. It clocks at 2050 very easily but doesn't really like going higher, supposedly 2100 takes water so perhaps there isn't much value in going for the higher tier.

Man of Honour
I think the core are the cards are the ones which didn't make the cut for the top tier of of cards, the core bit is actually a sticker on the standard box for the one I have. It clocks at 2050 very easily but doesn't really like going higher, supposedly 2100 takes water so perhaps there isn't much value in going for the higher tier.

Mine didn't even have the sticker. Reaches 2050 easy - getting a little warmer in the hot weather, but still within control of its air cooler. You don't really need to overclock a 1080Ti though to be fair.

Man of Honour
What temperatures do you get for idle/load and so on even in this weather?

Rise of the tomb raider seems to cook the card more than anything else I have tried. Case fans on full - stock around 36C idle (fans off) and 69C with less than 55% fan. Overclocked it is hitting about 79C max with about 80% fan, so getting close to the thermal limits.

Soldato
Revisiting Crysis 2 on this, it doesn't seem to have aged well even with everything set to Ultra...

That was pretty much the first game I tried with the GPU, definitely a case of rose-tinted glasses for me too. It does improve when you get to the city - and the effects in battle are top notch (like the dust that flies in the wind from gunshots hitting things) - but on the whole it's a product of its time.

A game that does look extraordinary at 4k is Resident Evil 7, I bought that yesterday and it looks incredible. That and Battlefield 1 are the best showcases for 4k60 that I've seen so far.

Back
Top Bottom