• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate

Great temps. My temps were 65c when benching this. I thought I would run the same test as I have the same cpu and a 1080ti (Sea Hawk X). Can you push your card more or was that the max? I never crashed it once and I magaged to +120 to the core and + 880 to the memory and it still ran. The only thing is, I eventually hit a ceiling where the more I OC'd the card, the lower the score was? (not touched voltage). I managed a 6276 score on the 1080p Extreme. I have not run the 4k test yet. I have my screenshot but can we post here? I know there is a dedicated thread for benching.

Last edited:
Associate
Great temps. My temps were 65c when benching this. I thought I would run the same test as I have the same cpu and a 1080ti (Sea Hawk X). Can you push your card more or was that the max? I never crashed it once and I magaged to +120 to the core and + 880 to the memory and it still ran. The only thing is, I eventually hit a ceiling where the more I OC'd the card, the lower the score was? (not touched voltage). I managed a 6276 score on the 1080p Extreme. I have not run the 4k test yet. I have my screenshot but can we post here? I know there is a dedicated thread for benching.

I Think you can post here, we just trying to see some differences regarding TI´S but if not well!

I never touched voltage just ramped the fans to max and set memory to +400

with stock rpm fans would probably hit around 63c

Soldato
You just have to look at the custom cards as having a far better cooling and noise solutions. The FE cooler isn't that great if you value low noise.
FE cooler is not at all noisey with the standard profile. It only becomes noticeable if you overclock and set a more aggressive fan profile. If you are running at 4K then maybe it is worthwhile chasing down this extra 10% performance and paying the extra for custom cooling. Otherwise I am not sure it is worth the cost. The FTW3 is a nice looking card, but at £160 more than the cheapest FE, I'd want more bang for my buck.

Soldato
So, I finally installed the ASUS 1080 TI Strix OC! I was on holiday when it arrived on Wednesday, and I had to wait until today to install it. Felt like a long wait! Moved from two 1080's which just throttle so much in sli, due to heat. This is already performing much better all round than my previous setup. Way higher fps in Heaven and stays above 60 fps in taxing games at 4k. Maximum temperature with all the bells and whistles engaged 69c at 1962 on the core, currently. Haven't even overclocked anything manually yet. Amazing work OCUK! Hardly any coil whine, I can tell so far. The packaging was one of the best I have ever seen. Last time I ordered the box could have been more protected. I heard a lot of people giving up on OCUK for not having stock in right away. I think they did well overall to be honest and I am glad I was patient. Also, great communication from @Gibbo and others. I appreciate they had to make some guesses on when stock would arrive and stock level etc. All round very happy so far. Anyone thinking of picking up one of these cards...it's an absolute beast and still has loads of headroom left to OC further I think and should last a while.
+1

Soldato
FE cooler is not at all noisey with the standard profile. It only becomes noticeable if you overclock and set a more aggressive fan profile. If you are running at 4K then maybe it is worthwhile chasing down this extra 10% performance and paying the extra for custom cooling. Otherwise I am not sure it is worth the cost. The FTW3 is a nice looking card, but at £160 more than the cheapest FE, I'd want more bang for my buck.

Its noisy. I have one and it didn't even last 24 hours of testing before putting a block on it as the noise was too much.

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't think the FE with its standard profile was that noisy tbh. Hell i thought upto 50-60% fans speed wasn't that bad compared to other air cooled cards ive had. It was only when i overclocked it then it need around 70% to stay cool. Under water now and yes certainly a night and day experience for temps and noise but IMO not that bad as a lot would have you believe.

Associate
I didn't think the FE with its standard profile was that noisy tbh. Hell i thought upto 50-60% fans speed wasn't that bad compared to other air cooled cards ive had. It was only when i overclocked it then it need around 70% to stay cool. Under water now and yes certainly a night and day experience for temps and noise but IMO not that bad as a lot would have you believe.

As far as I'm concerned the difference between 20c is like the difference bettween whether you have an i7 6700k and delid it then see the difference, 20c is a massive difference i know from my delidded i7

Soldato
As far as I'm concerned the difference between 20c is like the difference bettween whether you have an i7 6700k and delid it then see the difference, 20c is a massive difference i know from my delidded i7
Doesn't make a massive difference for CPU's though. Does for pascal cards sure. But the difference between FE cards and AIB cards is not that huge. Cpu running at 70-80 degrees while gaming is absolutely fine with a overclock. With a delid the best you can hope for is extra temperature room to get 200mhz 300Mhz max extra overclock if you have the silicon gods on your side.

Associate
Doesn't make a massive difference for CPU's though. Does for pascal cards sure. But the difference between FE cards and AIB cards is not that huge. Cpu running at 70-80 degrees while gaming is absolutely fine with a overclock. With a delid the best you can hope for is extra temperature room to get 200mhz 300Mhz max extra overclock if you have the silicon gods on your side.

Who knows, some people reckon the i7 throttles at 65c, my 6700k @ 4.8 1.4v did hit that before i delidded now it doesn't go over 50c 100% prime load.

Associate
I didn't think the FE with its standard profile was that noisy tbh. Hell i thought upto 50-60% fans speed wasn't that bad compared to other air cooled cards ive had. It was only when i overclocked it then it need around 70% to stay cool.
This is OcUK, I can understand quite a few are happy to keep the FE at stock speeds, but there are also a lot on here that would like to get that extra 5-8% performance. The reference/Founders cooler is a very poor showing if you want to maintain 1950Mhz-2Ghz, unless you change the cooler/wartercool.

Associate
While the Reference cooler maybe fairly quiet on it's stock fan profile you'll incur a LOT of throttling. To stop this you have to rap the fan speed up then it sounds like a jet engine!

Associate
I wouldn't buy palit if someone put a gun to my head - palit/gainward RMA support is absolutely awful

They do have nice quiet custom cards though. I have not had any issue with any gpu's brought from them in the past. Although if I had to use their RMA support, and it was bad, I would change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom