• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia – Upcoming Kepler Fix Will Increase Performance In Several Games

What is funny, Surveyor jumps in straight away when anyone has anything bad to say about a pro AMD video (deletes posts that didn't suck up to it) and yet, the trolls are allowed to post what they like in this thread. jokes without being funny!

This thread was meant as good news for Kepler users, not a troll thread for AMD users.

+1 :D

Who is Trolling?? Am sorry but am not allowed to post information some users might find interesting? A simple heads up

Read my OP nothing TROLLING init... You need to Chill out abit man..

With all due respect shankly, you are not contributing to the thread at all and as this is a thread about Kepler improvements ( which you don't own ) I'm not sure why your even posting.

I think you should leave this thread alone so it does Not derail any further.

Back to the op though and although I have 0 problems with the gta v drivers I did experience problems with the witcher 3 ones, But any performance gains are always welcome.

With all due respect shankly, you are not contributing to the thread at all and as this is a thread about Kepler improvements ( which you don't own ) I'm not sure why your even posting.

I think you should leave this thread alone so it does Not derail any further.

Back to the op though and although I have 0 problems with the gta v drivers I did experience problems with the witcher 3 ones, But any performance gains are always welcome.

This is a thread about Nvidia admitting they will fix performance issues, All I did was showed a benchmark to explain the issue.. I don't see the problem here!

I never knew I had to own something to give abit of an heads up? I know a lot guys on here don't own AMD but still continue to post in the AMD driver thread!

I'll say no more I have defended my post enough now.

This is a thread about Nvidia admitting they will fix performance issues, All I did was showed a benchmark to explain the issue.. I don't see the problem here!

I never knew I had to own something to give abit of an heads up? I know a lot guys on here don't own AMD but still continue to post in the AMD driver thread!

I'll say no more I have defended my post enough now.

You're so right mate...
So much trolling at the moment in AMD drivers thread.

Report them then instead of a pointless post in an nvidia thead?

Absolutely. I didn't make this thread for trolls to jump in with pointless charts, I made the thread to give some good news for NVidia Kepler users. If people are trolling in the AMD threads, report them instead of justification of trolling in this thread.

Well I look forward to it, performance has been ok for me but I know it could be better, I don't have time for experimenting these days, used gfe for pcars and W3, then moved sliders up a notch from that for gsync comfort zone.

Hitting 50-60fps in w3 and 70-110 in pcars, both look and play great so improvements on that are welcome.

Really hope these drivers are a marked improvement.

I genuinely have no idea if my card is borked or its the shoddy drivers :(

If your using the gta v release drivers then yeah something may be wrong with your card, If it's the new ones then I would guess at it being a driver problem as the new drivers for me are rubbish imo for a Kepler card.

The thing that disheartened me in Witcher 3 was seeing the 290x and 290 beating a 780Ti by quite a margin and the 280x even 7970 (4 year old card) equalling and in some cases beating a 780. GTX 960 is in there as well in some benches.

And this was on drivers not even optimized for the game by AMD (hairworks off). I would expect the 780Ti to hang with a 970 and 290x at least.

Let's wait and see what the fix brings, but there is a definite performance drop on Kepler recently in comparison to the cards it was hanging with before. Wouldn't be so bad if we understood why instead of everyone speculating the reason (console optimisation benefiting AMD, nVidia focusing on Maxwell, compute heavy engine (if there is such a thing) etc).

Official line is there is a bug in the drivers, but strange this hasn't been noticed before Witcher 3 release as been mentioned on the forums for quite a while. I think what has really hurt people is this is meant to be a nVidia backed game and being such a high profile release people didn't expect such results (I'd imagine most nVidia owners are still Kepler based, I think the GTX 660 is still the most popular card which ran GTA V fine).

Last edited:
I have not run an AMD card for a number of years and as such I find graphs showing that AMD cards are beating 780's are irrelevant as I have no experience of them.

Edit I do wish that the next drivers fix the crashing at desktop though.

Last edited:
As others have said I really don't have any issues with anything else. GTAV runs low 40s to high 50s now that I replaced my Mobo and my CPU is clocking correctly and Pcars runs jammed at 60 FPS too (Titan Black SLI 4k) but Witcher 3 runs like total dog toffees.

I can get low 40s with medium settings and hairworks off but it doesn't feel very nice. It's not stuttery but I can definitely feel the frame drops.

As others have said I will welcome any other gains :)

Even though Nvidia have said they didn't do this deliberately I'm totally not having it. They screwed Kepler waiting for the impulsive lot to jump to Maxwell and have no doubt made money by doing so.

So I'm sorry, I totally don't believe that this wasn't deliberate.

I'm just glad it wasn't Fallout 4 because no doubt I would have crumbled and bought two 980s.

As others have said I really don't have any issues with anything else. GTAV runs low 40s to high 50s now that I replaced my Mobo and my CPU is clocking correctly and Pcars runs jammed at 60 FPS too (Titan Black SLI 4k) but Witcher 3 runs like total dog toffees.

I can get low 40s with medium settings and hairworks off but it doesn't feel very nice. It's not stuttery but I can definitely feel the frame drops.

As others have said I will welcome any other gains :)

Even though Nvidia have said they didn't do this deliberately I'm totally not having it. They screwed Kepler waiting for the impulsive lot to jump to Maxwell and have no doubt made money by doing so.

So I'm sorry, I totally don't believe that this wasn't deliberate.

I'm just glad it wasn't Fallout 4 because no doubt I would have crumbled and bought two 980s.

If your on kepler try forcing physx to CPU.. you should see less dps drops that way.

Back
Top Bottom