• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia – Upcoming Kepler Fix Will Increase Performance In Several Games

Even though Nvidia have said they didn't do this deliberately I'm totally not having it. They screwed Kepler waiting for the impulsive lot to jump to Maxwell and have no doubt made money by doing so.

I see it differently. A company will always support their latest products first. Human resources are limited.
In the case of graphics cards, when driver development for the latest products are nicely sorted, go back to looking at improvements for the older products. I think it's good that they're publishing the fact that Kepler needs some work and are actually going to do it.
I have a Z77 Gigabyte mobo that hasn't seen any love from the manufacturer for years - loads of beta bios updates where none have been pushed through to final. I think Windows 8 improvements was done via a beta with no final bios meaning anyone using a non-beta bios does not have full compatibility with Windows 8. And drivers probably well sorted anyway but still no updates for a very long time.

Last edited:
As others have said I really don't have any issues with anything else. GTAV runs low 40s to high 50s now that I replaced my Mobo and my CPU is clocking correctly and Pcars runs jammed at 60 FPS too (Titan Black SLI 4k) but Witcher 3 runs like total dog toffees.

I can get low 40s with medium settings and hairworks off but it doesn't feel very nice. It's not stuttery but I can definitely feel the frame drops.

As others have said I will welcome any other gains :)

Even though Nvidia have said they didn't do this deliberately I'm totally not having it. They screwed Kepler waiting for the impulsive lot to jump to Maxwell and have no doubt made money by doing so.

So I'm sorry, I totally don't believe that this wasn't deliberate.

I'm just glad it wasn't Fallout 4 because no doubt I would have crumbled and bought two 980s.

Well the excuse by some is that you always concentrate on your latest first but i dont ever remember old cards getting a constant drop in performance to the point that lower tiers started to catch and overtake in just one gen and the same gen from the competition, so it is not the normal way of things like some try to paint it because if it was there would be no fuss made by anyone.

Last edited:
Well the excuse by some is that you always concentrate on your latest first but i dont ever remember old cards getting a constant drop in performance to the point that lower tiers started to catch and overtake in just one gen and the same gen from the competition, so it is not the normal way of things like some try to paint it because if it was there would be no fuss made by anyone.

Well hopefully when the next drivers come, the naysayers can move onto something else :o

What happened? Did NVidia purposefully gimp performance? That's shocking if they did but in truth, I would rather see something to back it up rather than an AMD users say so.

There are plenty of threads on other forums of NV users saying it, even on Reddit.
If your not aware then that's your problem, plenty of links have been posted overtime.

Ah well if it's on Reddit it must be true.

There's also plenty of posts from kepler users saying they haven't noticed any degradation in performance, but lets not listen to them.

Its on a forum, must be true then. How about the AMDtards move along rather than pointless trolling in a thread that quite honestly has nothing to do with amd, I see the same old trolls in here, more active than ever on the forums that make reading up for any informative information impossible.

Guess the 3 strike thing is out.

Nvidia die hards on here will never aknowledge that. We all know that .

That's because even though Kepler was loosing ground, the performance was still acceptable, but now because its gotten so bad in a NV sponsored title many had to take notice and more and more Kepler owners have been speaking out over the last year.

There are plenty of threads on other forums of NV users saying it, even on Reddit.
If your not aware then that's your problem, plenty of links have been posted overtime.

You spend way too much time hunting down NVidia threads. You already said you are always on the Geforce forums but you don't even own NVidia cards, so it just comes across as fanboyism's in truth, of which I don't have a problem with and respect what people like.

You spend way too much time hunting down NVidia threads. You already said you are always on the Geforce forums but you don't even own NVidia cards, so it just comes across as fanboyism's in truth, of which I don't have a problem with and respect what people like.

Its nothing to do with fanboyism and all to do with knowledge of what's going on in the world of gaming and in fact only keeping upto date with the brand you own would be more of a sign of fanboyism.

And no its not your place to judge on how much time i should spend anywhere seeing as you have no clue of how much time i have spent there and 90% of my knowledge of the Kepler issue over the last year have come from other sources.

Last edited:
greg is capable of religious levels of denial
its pretty amazing!
took him months to accept unity was a bad game :) lol

Its nothing to do with fanboyism and all to do with knowledge of what's going on in the world of gaming and if fact only keeping upto date with the brand you own would be more of a sign of fanboyism.

So you should have known that NVidia are addressing the problem and as said in the OP, there will be a fix coming and for several games. In a term you will personally be used to:

"better late than never" :D

Back
Top Bottom