*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

I only use PC VR and already have 2 of their previous headsets so I just can't feel the cutting edge of it for my usecase..

What 2 headsets have you had previously? Aside from the Rift Civ1?

You lack vision, it is not hardware upgradeable.

What do you even mean by this? What hardware upgrades do you want? give me examples of other electronic devices that are hardware upgradeable.

[
They've done an amazing job imo. They've got a good PCVR headset with which you can play games wirelessly, and then they've managed to include enough processing power to play some pretty impressive games completely standalone.

My review has already said what the Quest 2 is good for, you are just repeating the positives I mentioned already. You don't even get too many necessary items inside the box as mentioned in the review. Even the PC wireless link is not included you have to buy it from a 3rd party and this is just plain lazy from Oculus.

But which pretty impressive games standalone?

Note that non AAA titles are not impressive to me in VR.

What 2 headsets have you had previously? Aside from the Rift Civ1?

What do you even mean by this? What hardware upgrades do you want? give me examples of other electronic devices that are hardware upgradeable.

I have All the Oculus rift head sets , three in total plus the Gear Vr head sets.

The mandatory Facebook registration and mobile phone registration is a real deal breaker for me. I want to play my games without my social media being connected to it. Anyway, if I decide to get a new Hi res headset , I'll go the Steam route.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have All the Oculus rift head sets , three in total plus the Gear Vr head sets.

The mandatory Facebook registration and mobile phone registration is a real deal breaker for me. I want to play my games without my social media being connected to it. Anyway, if I decide to get a new Hi res headset , I'll go the Steam route.

Clearly it wasn't a deal breaker though... you did it...

Clearly it wasn't a deal breaker though... you did it...

It was sneaky from them. I did not know until I purchased it.
Even if you have an existing Oculus account, the Quest 2 will force you to merge the account with your Facebook Social Media account inorder to play it. Had to use my cousin's Quest 2 for testing with him logged in.

I returned the item afterwards and will just use the Rift S until I find something on par with the Quest 3 next year.

Frankenquest mod will fix most of the issues you had with it and will more than likely follow you to the next few iterations of the quest.

G2 tracking is bad and not in the same league as the quest or the rift s, wmr tracking is bad!

[

My review has already said what the Quest 2 is good for, you are just repeating the positives I mentioned already. You don't even get too many necessary items inside the box as mentioned in the review. Even the PC wireless link is not included you have to buy it from a 3rd party and this is just plain lazy from Oculus.

But which pretty impressive games standalone?

Note that non AAA titles are not impressive to me in VR.

Since you're ignoring my questions I guess I'll ignore yours. ;)

It doesn't sound like the Quest series is meant for you, it's a cheap entry into the VR world, if you're only after the polished triple A experience then get an index and stop complaining that they didn't throw a USB cable in to the box. If you can't afford the Index then get something mid-tier headset and lose out on some features in favour of dedicated PCVR ones (lighter weight, better headband, USB cables galore).

It's a shame they're not continuing the Rift line as I guess that's the product you're really after.

For my use case I think the Q2 is pretty bang on tbh, I simply wouldn't have bought one if it was £500, as it is the punt has paid off.

All three headsets? really? You have a Rift S, Not once in all your posts on this and in the graphics card forum did you mention it at all.

Again with all due respect, I would be very reluctant to invest in another VR machine , or I would be extremely cautious, because I feel let down that's all.

You didn't have Rift S back then, So after making this statement and claiming VR is Dead and there is no difference in higher end headsets. You went out and bought a Rift S and Quest 2???

It was sneaky from them. I did not know until I purchased it.

Oh, you didn't know the Facebook Requirement? You did back in February.

Oculus/Facebook is also now concerned with selling all its members accounts for cash

And you never answered my questions, What do you mean by the Quest 2 isn't upgradeable? What part do you think should be upgradeable? And what other devices consoles, headsets are upgradeable in the way that you are talking about?

You can't make a statement about Unseul having no vision and not back it up with some actual details of why he has no vision?

Yeah, I was getting the idea already. I had a horrible feeling he meant upgradeable hardware such as the battery, screens, CPU etc and so didn't push that point any further.

If he prefers his Rift S, with lower resolution, lower refresh rate (soon to be significantly lower), non-adjustable IPD (loved the complaint about IPD settings for the quest 2, but uses a non-manually adjustable headset!), non-wireless, and higher cost (despite the quest 2 somehow being too expensive...), then that's just fine :).

All three headsets? really? You have a Rift S, Not once in all your posts on this and in the graphics card forum did you mention it at all.

You didn't have Rift S back then, So after making this statement and claiming VR is Dead and there is no difference in higher end headsets. You went out and bought a Rift S and Quest 2???

Oh, you didn't know the Facebook Requirement? You did back in February.

And you never answered my questions, What do you mean by the Quest 2 isn't upgradeable? What part do you think should be upgradeable? And what other devices consoles, headsets are upgradeable in the way that you are talking about?

You can't make a statement about Unseul having no vision and not back it up with some actual details of why he has no vision?

With all due respect,you are seriously confused.

1. Facebook requirement - I found that it was said online that you could still use an existing Oculus account to play the Quest 2 if you did'nt want to be Forced to use a Facebook account. So I went ahead only to discover that it forces you to merge both accounts together.
2. Yes, I had all 4 headsets (now down to 3) and use them maybe once every 3months now tbh. If you want one I'll sell to you as proof, there in good condition. I have a load of tech, just giving my opinion.
3.Yes up-gradable hardware like screens, cpu etc.. I guess my conversation is too much for you, but no problem OP, that design would likely not happen as it's not profitable for the said companies, (headset after headset makes them more money and is easier to release)
4. I did not say I prefer a Rift S OP, you're mistaken. I said I would use it until a product similar to a Quest 3 comes around in 2022;). Don't forget I have 3 headsets to choose from and they almost all play what I want so no need to splash out £350 plus £150 accessories again.

Last edited:
No modern VR headset has upgradable core components. In fact you can't even replace components like lenses or screens if they're damaged. Even replacable components like cables or headphones are often almost impossible to source out of warranty - this is even true on expensive headsets like the Index.

The Quest at least has been designed for easy replacement of the facial interface and headstrap, and there are plenty of third party alternatives. Also it doesn't need a proprietary cable for PC link, unless you want to shell out for the expensive fibre-optic official one as it's longer and lighter than most USB 3 cables.

No modern VR headset has upgradable core components. In fact you can't even replace components like lenses or screens if they're damaged. Even replacable components like cables or headphones are often almost impossible to source out of warranty - this is even true on expensive headsets like the Index.

Yes, I know this obviously. It would be nice if they started doing that, but obviously it's not profitable for them so doubt it'll ever happen.

Bought a Q2 yesterday, couple of things I've noticed

1 - Not a nice experience with glasses, could not get a clear image with them on.
2 - Have Elite Strap on order for next week and also Face silicon seal
3 - Have Eye test next week, when I get prescription will order prescription Oculus lenses so I can play without glasses.

Re- Beat Saber, is the Side Quest thing for custom songs easy to do? (on a Mac)

Bought a Q2 yesterday, couple of things I've noticed

1 - Not a nice experience with glasses, could not get a clear image with them on.
2 - Have Elite Strap on order for next week and also Face silicon seal
3 - Have Eye test next week, when I get prescription will order prescription Oculus lenses so I can play without glasses.

Re- Beat Saber, is the Side Quest thing for custom songs easy to do? (on a Mac)

May seem a daft question, but have you tried without glasses? The focus distance is roughly 2m I believe.

Back
Top Bottom