*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
And you should really look into playing wirelessly anyway, far more immersive and fun. Just need a decent home router, or directly link a cheap wifi 6 router to your PC for a fantastic time. Might need to buy Virtual Desktop (through the quest store), if airlink doesn't run smoothly enough for you. I have using the cable vs playing wirelessly.
Thanks for the info.
I bought the headset on a complete wim, had only previously had a quick go on the psvr. So have not got a clue about anything yet.

Only had a go of Beat saber and the zombieland game so far.

Soldato
Thanks for the info.
I bought the headset on a complete wim, had only previously had a quick go on the psvr. So have not got a clue about anything yet.

Only had a go of Beat saber and the zombieland game so far.
Right, I hope this is OK in terms of putting referrals, I think it is, Shi, if it's not, remove it :).

So here's some links for some software/games that you might want to check out. If I've done it right, you'll get 25% off, and I'll get £4 free credit for each one you use. Obviously, if you have a friend with a headset (perhaps you used their referral link in the first place) ask them about what games they have.

Virtual desktop - Allows you to stream your desktop over your wifi, also allows you to play PCVR games wirelessly, personally I find it to be better quality than the free Airlink solution included with the Oculus software. https://www.oculus.com/appreferrals/RugbyRaggs/2017050365004772/?utm_source=2

Walkabout mini golf - Fantastically fun multiplayer mini golf game, a group from OCUK play together each week on Monday evenings, generally playing this game and having a great laugh. Well worth the price. https://www.oculus.com/appreferrals/RugbyRaggs/2462678267173943/?utm_source=2

Eleven table tennsi - if you have room this thing is amazing, the physics are realistic, you can apply spin etc very nice game if table tennis is your thing. https://www.oculus.com/appreferrals/RugbyRaggs/1995434190525828/?utm_source=2

In death unchained - an archery roguelite game, quite addictive as you go through it, and very satisfying when you beat bosses. https://www.oculus.com/appreferrals/RugbyRaggs/2334376869949242/?utm_source=2

Real vr fishing - simple premise, fantastic locations and graphics, an amazing way to unwind and hang out. Very chill social crowd, generally older people, not too many screamers. I played this for months with my then 80 year old dad, a great way for us to connect. https://www.oculus.com/appreferrals/RugbyRaggs/2582932495064035/?utm_source=2

Soldato
I think if you start adding a ton of app referrals here, this thread will become very tedious :)

There is a website dedicated to Quest & App referrals at https://meta-dog.github.io/meta-dog/, which I saw on Reddit. I'm sure there are probably other such sites.
I was thinking maybe just setup a thread here with app referral requests. Got a game you want? Pop it in that thread, and give someone a few hours to post a few referrals, both benefit.

Soldato
I think it still has the potential to get unwieldly and people are going to just go to the first post they see with what they want, so the same person will get the bulk of the referrals. Obviously it's nice for OCUK'ers to share with each other and I'm not trying to discourage that, but I like the idea of the meta-dog site, and the way they did it on Reddit beforehand because it was a much fairer way of doing referrals as they used contest mode which meant random posts appeared at the top on every refresh of the page.

Last edited:
Soldato
Two of my kids are getting a Quest 2 for Christmas, and I wanted to ask about the referral codes and the best way to get them both credit.

One is 13, so he can make his account in his name, and the other will use my wife's Facebook login information as she is only 11.

Thank you.

Soldato
Two of my kids are getting a Quest 2 for Christmas, and I wanted to ask about the referral codes and the best way to get them both credit.

One is 13, so he can make his account in his name, and the other will use my wife's Facebook login information as she is only 11.

Thank you.

EDIT - Read this that they are getting a headset each, if not, then most of the below doesn't apply. Mostly the 1st and final paragraphs. Though app sharing stuff still applies.

Best way would be for the first one to use someone else's referral, if you have a friend with one etc, then the second one uses the first referral. If you don't have a friend with a headset, then obviously ask here and there's plenty of people happy to get £23 credit too :D

You can also then use the primary account to log into both headsets, and then they can share apps. That way only the primary account holder needs to purchase the game, then the secondary can still use those games to play.

You may need to factory reset the 2nd headset after setting up the referral on it, so you can then use the same account on both as the primary.

I have 2 headsets (2nd bought 2nd hand, so no referral), and have myself as the primary on each, then my wife as the 2nd. This allows my son and I to play games together, without making any purchases on my wife's account.

I would suggest letting whoever is going to use it the most to have the £46 credit, buy all the basics on that one, and share with the other, then if there's other experiences the 2nd account wants, they can use their credit to get it.

One more thing to consider. A 13 year old will not be able to purchase quite a few of the games/experiences without parental consent, but someone using your wifes account will have access to everything. Might want to be careful that the kids aren't getting their hands on things they shouldn't.

Last edited:
Soldato
EDIT - Read this that they are getting a headset each, if not, then most of the below doesn't apply. Mostly the 1st and final paragraphs. Though app sharing stuff still applies.

Best way would be for the first one to use someone else's referral, if you have a friend with one etc, then the second one uses the first referral. If you don't have a friend with a headset, then obviously ask here and there's plenty of people happy to get £23 credit too :D

You can also then use the primary account to log into both headsets, and then they can share apps. That way only the primary account holder needs to purchase the game, then the secondary can still use those games to play.

You may need to factory reset the 2nd headset after setting up the referral on it, so you can then use the same account on both as the primary.

I have 2 headsets (2nd bought 2nd hand, so no referral), and have myself as the primary on each, then my wife as the 2nd. This allows my son and I to play games together, without making any purchases on my wife's account.

I would suggest letting whoever is going to use it the most to have the £46 credit, buy all the basics on that one, and share with the other, then if there's other experiences the 2nd account wants, they can use their credit to get it.

One more thing to consider. A 13 year old will not be able to purchase quite a few of the games/experiences without parental consent, but someone using your wifes account will have access to everything. Might want to be careful that the kids aren't getting their hands on things they shouldn't.
Thank you, yes, they are both getting their own headsets.
I never heard of the primary and secondary account thing before I will do some more reading up.
So say the primary account has a co-op multiplay game, can they both play it at the same time together?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you, yes, they are both getting their own headsets.
I never heard of the primary and secondary account thing before I will do some more reading up.
So say the primary account has a co-op multiplay game, can they both play it at the same time together?
Thank you.
Yes. Sometimes some games are a bit awkward, I've had to put the headsets in different wi-fi setups for it to work, but I don't know if that's the sharing of just meta in general.

I've played mini golf, table tennis etc with my son without purchasing the game twice. He has his own saves etc.

Soldato
Yes. Sometimes some games are a bit awkward, I've had to put the headsets in different wi-fi setups for it to work, but I don't know if that's the sharing of just meta in general.

I've played mini golf, table tennis etc with my son without purchasing the game twice. He has his own saves etc.
Someone else said they changed it so you can no longer play the same game at the same time :(
I will just create two accounts then they can have their own games just to be safe.

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone else said they changed it so you can no longer play the same game at the same time :(
I will just create two accounts then they can have their own games just to be safe.

You need to create 2 accounts regardless. Have 1 account, the one with most the games, as the main account on both headsets (though only after you've activated the 2nd headset with the 2nd account, to get the referral from that too). Then have the person log into the 2nd account and they should be able to "install" games that are already owned by the first one if you've enabled app sharing. It's still worked for me when I've tried. It's a feature so should still be available.

Soldato
You need to create 2 accounts regardless. Have 1 account, the one with most the games, as the main account on both headsets (though only after you've activated the 2nd headset with the 2nd account, to get the referral from that too). Then have the person log into the 2nd account and they should be able to "install" games that are already owned by the first one if you've enabled app sharing. It's still worked for me when I've tried. It's a feature so should still be available.
Can confirm this works. I bought mine second hand from a chick on marketplace. She didn't bother to reset it and I couldn't figure out how to wipe her from it. I created a secondary account in it for myself but I use the games she bought :D

Soldato
But can you both play the same game at the same time like beat saber?
And does that apply to online co-op games like After the fall for example?
Thank you.

Yes you can. I've played online with my son and dad, with my son using an app shared version of the game on his mums account. I bought the game, I am primary user on both headsets, my wife is secondary, and she can install and play the game (online, with me) without having to purchase it.

Soldato
I still haven't played any games multiplayer on my Q2. I think all the years of MMOs with complete morons or children (obviously exaggeration and not everyone I've met online falls into this category ;)) put me off multiplayer games and I'm just not that social anymore. I just want a game with a good story that I can work through at my own pace. Some of the games I have do scream for multiplayer though - Eleven Table Tennis, First Person Tennis, Walkabout Mini Golf for example and maybe Racket: NX (haven't checked whether that's multiplayer, but I have a feeling it is).

Soldato
I did actually consider it and even started signing up to Rec Room, but got utterly fed up of every username I tried being taken. I'm sure just adding OCUK to the start would have fixed it, but I was that pee'd off with it at the time I couldn't be bothered :)

That, and by 8pm I've usually already started playing something and completely forget what time it is :p

Soldato
I did actually consider it and even started signing up to Rec Room, but got utterly fed up of every username I tried being taken. I'm sure just adding OCUK to the start would have fixed it, but I was that pee'd off with it at the time I couldn't be bothered :)

That, and by 8pm I've usually already started playing something and completely forget what time it is :p
Try and make the time, we're nearly always playing Walkabout mini golf, so set an alarm for this Monday :D. Room name is: OCUK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom