*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Assuming Shi was referencing - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/community/pc-code-giveaways.153/

Which has regular posts?
Yep thats the one

You can ask , but the person giving them out has to post in that thread, no posting links
yeh i see it now, i was looking at the thread start date rather than last post doh! i don't have priviledges to post in that forum because when i try to it says :

"Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

it must be post count related or something idk...

Shi please edit or delete my post above if it breaks a rule or i can if you want me to?

Soldato
I upgraded to V43 and still no option to ditch fb. There's another home room in the ether. I can see it listed, but not able to download.

Cascadia has now completely disappeared from my favourites list, but a new homeroom called 'Paradiso' has appeared. I nice sunny venue during the cold winter months.

Soldato
Basic question about 3rd party battery packs. Do they charge up the internal battery, or do they kick in when the internal one is 0%? Or does the Q2 just see 100% but they're combined and you simply get longer use??

Last edited:
Underboss
Basic question about 3rd party battery packs. Do they charge up the internal battery, or do they kick in when the internal one is 0%? Or does the Q2 just see 100% but they're combined and you simply get longer use??

i strapped a Anker powerbank on the back of my Q2

i charge the powerbank and leave it connected to the Quest 2

when you switch the Q2 on, its like its connected to the mains, so, the Q2 is charging up whilst draining the powerbank, give you an extra 3 hours of play ish

Soldato
Thanks, what if the Q2 is already at 100% as well? Does it just hover at 100% till the external battery drains, then uses the internal battery?

I've never used the Q2 while it's plugged in / charging.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ta :)

I did read that you shouldn't leave the Q2 charging as hovering at the 100% charge state is not healthy for the battery.

The main reason why it is not recommended to leave smartphones (and also the Quest 2) charging overnight is that they will still be consuming energy while charging. This results in a cycle where the battery is charged to 100% and then new juice is pulled to the battery every time it falls to 99%. This will affect the battery life when done regularly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also I had an issue where I accidentally left my Q2 on charging overnight with the extended battery strap connected and it mucked up the battery level detection and kept thinking the main battery wasn't charged. I had to charge the Q2 without the extended battery to fix the issue, and it now charges properly even with the extended battery.

Soldato
So what is the best practice then? Use the internal until it's nearly depleted and then plug in the extra battery? Or charge both to 100% and keep the battery plugged?

Underboss
So what is the best practice then? Use the internal until it's nearly depleted and then plug in the extra battery? Or charge both to 100% and keep the battery plugged?

good question

if your doing PCVR via cable anyway, then if your fully charged already, then surely you will sit at 100% ?

so , skipping that, the best practice is to discharge the main battery (like a phone) down to 20%, then plug it in (mains or powerbank)

Last edited:
Soldato
good question

if your doing PCVR via cable anyway, then if your fully charged already, then surely you will sit at 100% ?

so , skipping that, the best practice is to discharge the main battery (like a phone) down to 20%, then plug it in (mains or powerbank)

Thanks, this is with an external battery pack, not connected to PC.

Back
Top Bottom