*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Underboss
Soldato
I'm looking for battery options for Quest Pro. Still need to see if I can cannibalise my broken elite battery strap.

Here you go Rav.

063-powerline-40-400.jpg

Soldato
What app was that?

Apollo 17 Moonbuggy VR, there's a flaw in the boundary that allows you to free-drive the Apollo 17 site.

The LRV is more accurately detailed in 'Lunar Odyssey' if want to learn how to power it up but the actual drivable area is tiny.

Last edited:
Associate
Regarding a Meta account, I can remember setting up one a number of months ago (i do have a Facebook account as well) but how do I login into the Meta account or even see if its linked to my facebook? doesnt seem to be any easy peesy way to do this?

Thanks.

Soldato
Regarding a Meta account, I can remember setting up one a number of months ago (i do have a Facebook account as well) but how do I login into the Meta account or even see if its linked to my facebook? doesnt seem to be any easy peesy way to do this?

Thanks.
You can do it from the Meta site.

Associate
Thanks, but can't seem to find a login on that page for some reason, I do think I have linked my Meta and Facebook accounts, but even trying on a different browser with that link doesn't ask for a login.
Probably starring me in the face but can't see it.

Soldato
VR Optician. Use the coupon VRFLIGHTSIMGUY for 5% off (worked not long ago).

Just wanted to say thanks again or the discount and recommendation. My lenses arrived today and even after using them for just 15 minutes the difference is transformative. The display is so much clearer with the lenses ast it avoids the glare, fogging with breathing and smudges associated with wearing glasses in a VR headset. Likewise, comfort is much improved without the need to squash my glasses into the headset against my head and face.

I'd meant to buy a pair of lenses ages ago when I got the Quest but the first time I looked at them it was over £100 with delivery and the price put me off. Looks like competition in the market has driven this down to nearer £50 which makes them far easier to justify.

If anyone wears glasses I'd strongly recommend getting a pair of lenses rather than having to deal with the hassle of glasses in VR.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi all.

My 8 year old son has been going on and on about Meta Quest 2 VR. We're thinking about getting it as a family Christmas present for us all to share, rather than just for him.

Is there any reason why buying this from **** is a bad idea? Is it OK for 8 year olds? Any other tips or thoughts on buying / deals or appropriateness are gratefully received.

Sounds like it could be fun for the whole family if I stream it to our big TV etc. and we can all watch what's going on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom