*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
wow, sounds good

wish i could do that, just hope no ones watching :eek:
Here's my playground..... you get to a certain age where you don't give a rat's what folks think.

52577332824_3cd7ea742c_z.jpg

Old home and avatar editor vids

Last edited:
Underboss

Soldato
Big Screen now supports Disney+ and Amazon Prime.

Disappointingly, I found the playback in the Quest app is just not as smooth as using the Oculus Browser for Disney+ or the Amazon Prime app. It jerks randomly and just feels jittery.

Which is a big disappointment as Big Screen has some great environments and it would have been great to have Big screen as the Roku app of VR with all the big channels on board.

Hope they sort that out and get Netflix on board too.

Soldato
Thinking of treating myself to a couple of new games for Xmas. I can't make up mind at all. There are five games that I am mainly interested in, these are:
In Death Unchained.
The last Clockwinder.
Iron Man VR.
Resident Evil 4.
Green Hell VR.

Or I might just get the two Moss games.

Given the choice above, what two games would you guys pick?

Soldato
Resident Evil 4 was the reason I picked up the Quest and don't regret it. I started Iron Man the other day and was really enjoying it. I'd recommend either, but probably lean more towards RE4, only because it's one of my all time favourites.

Soldato
RE4 is an amazing Quest 2 port. It looks better than many PC VR games, and the sharpness of the image is astonishing compared to most other Quest titles. Only Red Matter 2 looks better, and that's nowhere near as big a game.

Soldato
Thinking of treating myself to a couple of new games for Xmas. I can't make up mind at all. There are five games that I am mainly interested in, these are:
In Death Unchained.
The last Clockwinder.
Iron Man VR.
Resident Evil 4.
Green Hell VR.

Or I might just get the two Moss games.

Given the choice above, what two games would you guys pick?
In death unchained is probably my most played Quest title. Definitely a must but IMO.

Soldato
Resident Evil 4 was the reason I picked up the Quest and don't regret it. I started Iron Man the other day and was really enjoying it. I'd recommend either, but probably lean more towards RE4, only because it's one of my all time favourites.
Apart from making me repeatedly jump out of my skin, I really like RE4 :). That said, the cabin fight ****** me off and I ended up using a trainer just to get past that after about 20 attempts at doing it myself.

Soldato
Apart from making me repeatedly jump out of my skin, I really like RE4 :). That said, the cabin fight ****** me off and I ended up using a trainer just to get past that after about 20 attempts at doing it myself.
The game is believed to have dynamic difficulty scaling, so 20 times seems harsh. It is quite an overwhelming part of the game, especially in VR. Making the most of melee opportunities goes a long way on the game. Shoot in the leg and then a punch or kick, knife enemies on the floor until dead can be good for conserving ammo. Grenades and the shotty are really useful in the cabin, also stopping Luis from shooting by aiming at him and allowing more ganados in to maximise those grenades.

Last edited:
Soldato
In death unchained is probably my most played Quest title. Definitely a must but IMO.

Wellll, if it's a must but, how can I resist? :p

@JoeBoi @ShiWarrior @Ravenger

Ok, thanks for the advice guys and based on that advice I have gone for The Last Clockwinder :p

I notice you rich guys with money to burn picked the most expensive games!!

Seriously though, I am considering RE4. The problem is that I am worried t might be like Alien Isolation. I haven't finished Alien Isolation because I get so tense when I try to play it, and I have to stop after a few minutes. So for you guys who have played both what do you think?

Soldato
Wellll, if it's a must but, how can I resist? :p

@JoeBoi @ShiWarrior @Ravenger

Ok, thanks for the advice guys and based on that advice I have gone for The Last Clockwinder :p

I notice you rich guys with money to burn picked the most expensive games!!

Seriously though, I am considering RE4. The problem is that I am worried t might be like Alien Isolation. I haven't finished Alien Isolation because I get so tense when I try to play it, and I have to stop after a few minutes. So for you guys who have played both what do you think?
I'd say it is massively different from Alien Isolation with more of an emphasis on action as opposed to horror. Checkpoints are far more forgiving on RE4. Some of the bosses could probably be a bit difficult but you could make it easier via the shop. It took me a while to get used to RE4 in VR, coming from speedrunning it.

I love the game and am heavily biased :D

Btw RE4 was on offer for £19.99 the other day. May go on sale over Christmas/ New Year.

Last edited:
Soldato
RE4 is nowhere near as scary as Alien Isolation. It's no more scary than After The Fall or Saints and Sinners.
I'd say it is massively different from Alien Isolation with more of an emphasis on action as opposed to horror. Checkpoints are far more forgiving on RE4. Some of the bosses could probably be a bit difficult but you could make it easier via the shop. It took me a while to get used to RE4 in VR, coming from speedrunning it.

I love the game and am heavily biased :D

Btw RE4 was on offer for £19.99 the other day. May go on sale over Christmas/ New Year.

Thanks Guys, I am going to buy it.

It's all your fault if it ruins my Christmas though :p

Soldato
Thanks Guys, I am going to buy it.

It's all your fault if it ruins my Christmas though :p
I'm fairly sure you can get a refund if you play for a short time and don't get on with it :). However, you won't need to worry about that as it is easily best game on the quest (except walkabout ofc).

Back
Top Bottom