*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
I'm fairly sure you can get a refund if you play for a short time and don't get on with it :). However, you won't need to worry about that as it is easily best game on the quest (except walkabout ofc).

Just checking that you are referring to stand alone Quest games. Otherwise Half Life: Alyx would like a word...

Soldato
Just checking that you are referring to stand alone Quest games. Otherwise Half Life: Alyx would like a word...
Standalone of course, although I've never had the chance to play Alyx. May pick it up in the new year, but my PC really doesn't like the Quest and I cannot be bothered to get my Rift out.

Underboss
I'd say it is massively different from Alien Isolation with more of an emphasis on action as opposed to horror. Checkpoints are far more forgiving on RE4. Some of the bosses could probably be a bit difficult but you could make it easier via the shop. It took me a while to get used to RE4 in VR, coming from speedrunning it.

I love the game and am heavily biased :D

Btw RE4 was on offer for £19.99 the other day. May go on sale over Christmas/ New Year.

i didn't realize it was the most expensive one

but i never heard of clockwinder

Soldato
The game is believed to have dynamic difficulty scaling, so 20 times seems harsh. It is quite an overwhelming part of the game, especially in VR. Making the most of melee opportunities goes a long way on the game. Shoot in the leg and then a punch or kick, knife enemies on the floor until dead can be good for conserving ammo. Grenades and the shotty are really useful in the cabin, also stopping Luis from shooting by aiming at him and allowing more ganados in to maximise those grenades.
Thanks. I tried so many times but just constantly failed to get through it until I used the trainer to amp up a gun's power. I won't be going through that again :). I'm now being forced to play as the girl with no weapon to escape, just a torch, which I find equally annoying, though I've only died twice so far and I'm hoping I won't have to play her very long.

Soldato
Thanks. I tried so many times but just constantly failed to get through it until I used the trainer to amp up a gun's power. I won't be going through that again :). I'm now being forced to play as the girl with no weapon to escape, just a torch, which I find equally annoying, though I've only died twice so far and I'm hoping I won't have to play her very long.
It's a very short part playing as Ashley. If you need any advice or help, let us know I can help point you in the right direction.

Soldato
Lots of titles on promotion until the end of today if you’ve been looking for a new game or two.

Vader Immortal pack for £14.55 caught my eye, any good?

I've done P1 so far and loved it. Have 2 and 3 to do. But it was my first real experience of VR so it was really overwhelming. I don't know how it compares to other titles. I would say if you like Star Wars you'll enjoy it though. All the sounds, vibe etc is all there.

Soldato
Finally got some time and checked out Moss Book II on the Quest 2, I completed Book I on PCVR and this holds up well and still has the same wow factor when it comes to scale, great games and highly recommend if platforms and puzzles are your thing.

Soldato
Checked this out yesterday, quite nice.

Not sure why the Q2 homes don't have the same freedom as the PC environments, you can walk around and add stuff, remodel them etc.

You can walk about in them for a short distance, but they can't make them to big/detailed, as it would turn it into a game size download and use up too much space on the headset.

Soldato
Top tip for anyone trying this, don't select smooth rotation in the settings, as it will crash the sim when you try to board the lunar rover.

Top tip for anyone trying this, use the 'B' button to select reverse ( the reverse switch on the hand controller lights up) pull back on the controller and the rover reverses. Use 'B' button again to change back to forward motion. It's not mentioned in the game controls.

Soldato
@melmac Did you pick up those games? Not sure if same sale is on in Ireland, but 13 hours left on games you were interested in.
I picked up RE4 and have played about 20 minutes so far. Still getting into it. Will wait for the next sale to pick up one of the others. I am a cheap skate!! :p

The only game I might buy outside of sales is if we pick another game for the hangout crew :)

Back
Top Bottom