*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Say what? This sounds amazing. Can I ask what sort of ball park figure would a converted film file size be?

They vary, depending on the film, what resolution you encode them at, the audio bitrate and the quality settings.

For example, Avatar encoded in full 1080p side-by-side format (that's 1080p per eye, normally it's half the horizontal resolution for each eye) is 20gb. But that is an extreme example (and well worth the file size).

Some films compress better than others, so the average size is about 10gb for full 1080p per eye resolution. Half-res versions come in about 4-6gb. Dune 2021 for some reason compressed to 4gb, so they can be smaller.

Soldato
Is it possible to copy the current version (APK files) of virtual desktop using sidequest, in case I need to reset the headset? I've has a look using sidequest but am unable to see it.
Yes it is. My sidequest app needed updating. And I was able to see and backup the virtual desktop headset app v1.24.1 to the PC. Also have a copy of the streaming app 1.24.1

Soldato
the beginning rang a bell

'Tis one of the tracks playing in virtual desktop. I tend use the apartment room 'evening' environment. Never noticed the people on the streets or in the adjacent block behind the TV. Someone has a TV on as well. I wonder if you could see what's playing on it with a better headset than the Q2?

Caporegime
Can't get airlink working today. The launch button is greyed out. Working fine yesterday
This turned out to be because the mesh node in the room I was using the headset in was actually offline where it said it was online. Really fed up with my Linksys Velop system, constantly needs to be rebooted.
Hooked it up via USB cable again, went through the setup again, added the programs as exceptions in Window Firewall, and everything now appears to be working via Airlink again.

On another note, what's the best way to stream video files from PC to headset? Is there a file browser in the Quest somewhere that will allow me to stream files on my PC?
I solved this by downloading DeoVR on my headset and Plex server on my PC.

Associate
Just started playing Saints and Sinners after grabbing it in a sale and really liking the graphics, mechanics etc but the respawn thing argh!

Back
Top Bottom