*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Avatar is the best 3D movie in VR definitely.

Some of my other favourites are Dredd, Doctor Strange and Mad Max Fury Road.

Any of the 3D Pixar films also look great.

Do you need to buy a 3D blu-ray and convert it to a format the Quest will play or do you normally download the files directly from the internet?

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you need to buy a 3D blu-ray and convert it to a format the Quest will play or do you normally download the files directly from the internet?

I convert them for personal use from my 3D Blu-ray collection. Unfortunately there are very few ways to rent or purchase 3D movies directly for viewing in the headset. Only Bigscreen has a currently available 3D movie streaming service and they have a very limited selection that's not available in all regions.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another issue is that new 3D bluerays are getting rarer. I'm scouring second hand shops and CeX for decent second hand 3D blu-rays. A couple of recent films - Dune and Spiderman: No Way Home have had to be imported. I'm really hoping that Avatar 2 will be available as a 3D blue-ray as the original is simply stunning in VR.

Soldato
I convert them for personal use from my 3D Blu-ray collection. Unfortunately there are very few ways to rent or purchase 3D movies directly for viewing in the headset. Only Bigscreen has a currently available 3D movie streaming service and they have a very limited selection that's not available in all regions.

What apps do you use to convert them if you don’t mind me asking? (Assuming we’re allowed to discuss that on the forum!)

Soldato
I got Les Mills Bodycombat in the recent sale, and it's by far the best VR fitness app I've used so far.

It really feels like you have a personal trainer with the narrators talking you through the workouts and giving encouragement and tips.

It's far better than BoxVR used to be, and isn't a subscription app like FitXR.

There's a lot of variety in the moves, and even though I'm pretty fit and do a lot of running my arms and legs really ached for a few days after I played it for the first time - muscles I hadn't exercised in ages got a really real going over.

Soldato
I got Les Mills Bodycombat in the recent sale, and it's by far the best VR fitness app I've used so far.

It really feels like you have a personal trainer with the narrators talking you through the workouts and giving encouragement and tips.

It's far better than BoxVR used to be, and isn't a subscription app like FitXR.

There's a lot of variety in the moves, and even though I'm pretty fit and do a lot of running my arms and legs really ached for a few days after I played it for the first time - muscles I hadn't exercised in ages got a really real going over.

Can you turn the music off and still get the workout narration?

Soldato
Ta. Am interested in this app but hate being forced to endure music not of my choosing, so 100% would want to turn it off.

Just checked and sorry it doesn't look like there's any option to turn the music off or switch it for something else. The workouts are timed to the music. However I really don't notice the music much at all. It's just in the background and it's the instructors voice that dominates. You can turn the instructor's voice off though.

Soldato
Just started playing Saints and Sinners after grabbing it in a sale and really liking the graphics, mechanics etc but the respawn thing argh!

It's been a while since I played it, but as I recall (particularly in the early missions) you need to keep an eye on the time and get out before the bells ring. Overstaying isn't worth it as you can't fight off loads of zombies and it can get very frustrating when you keep losing your stuff. Especially when your weapon breaks, you respawn with just a spoon (or whatever) and then die again trying to retrieve your backpack. Great game!

Last edited:
Associate
It's been a while since I played it, but as I recall (particularly in the early missions) you need to keep an eye on the time and get out before the bells ring. Overstaying isn't worth it as you can't fight off loads of zombies and it can get very frustrating when you keep losing your stuff. Especially when your weapon breaks, you respawn with just a spoon (or whatever) and then die again trying to retrieve your backpack. Great game!

Thanks for that and totally agree about the time. I had actually looked up what the watch did after my last post here and what a difference that makes getting out before time is up. Also, just learned the holding zombie head thing, which is quite the game changer.

It's getting much better as I learn more about it.

Associate
Left touch controller goosed. :(

The thumb stick pad has started to crack and there's horrendous stick-drift. The only replacement thumb kit I could find seems to be coming from China and won't arrive until February. I'll grudge the £80 on a new controller if that doesn't work when I'm likely to get a Quest 3 later in the year.

Soldato
Left touch controller goosed. :(

The thumb stick pad has started to crack and there's horrendous stick-drift. The only replacement thumb kit I could find seems to be coming from China and won't arrive until February. I'll grudge the £80 on a new controller if that doesn't work when I'm likely to get a Quest 3 later in the year.

Are you going for a hall sensor kit?

Back
Top Bottom