*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
IDK what that means

The current joystick sensors are small potentiometers that can degrade and cause drift. cleaning the contact surfaces may help. Thes pots can be replaced with hall sensors which work on a magnetic effect instead of resistance to provide input to the controller.

Last edited:
Associate
The current joystick sensors are small potentiometers that can degrade and cause drift. cleaning the contact surfaces may help. Thes pots can be replaced with hall sensors which work on a magnetic effect instead of resistance to provide input to the controller.

I see. No I'm just using a standard replacement kit I found on Amazon.

Soldato
…. as does my GRS flight yoke for my Star Wars machine.

:cool: Star Wars machine?

images

Soldato
:cool: Star Wars machine?

Off-topic, but I've got an Arcade 1up Star Wars reproduction stand-up cabinet.

Had to get it imported from the USA, as you can't get it over here. I upgraded it with a much more accurate and robust GRS Flight Yoke (also from the USA) which uses hall-effect sensors instead of potentiometers. That Yoke works on PC too, so if I ever sell the cab I can put the old yoke back on and keep the new one.

Atari Star Wars is my all-time favourite arcade game and this officially licensed version beats any version I've seen running on Mame.

Soldato
Anyone had any luck getting the microphone to work in Oculus Link?

I just cant get it to work - gets stuck at 50% volume but nothing comes out. Means I can't play MP games with voice comms via link (though Virtual desktop might work for Steam games.)

I've tried all the normal tricks - making sure PC apps have access, and turning off microphone exclusivity for the device. The windows microphone icon comes up and says it's in use but no sound comes out.

Soldato
Off-topic, but I've got an Arcade 1up Star Wars reproduction stand-up cabinet.

Had to get it imported from the USA, as you can't get it over here. I upgraded it with a much more accurate and robust GRS Flight Yoke (also from the USA) which uses hall-effect sensors instead of potentiometers. That Yoke works on PC too, so if I ever sell the cab I can put the old yoke back on and keep the new one.

Atari Star Wars is my all-time favourite arcade game and this officially licensed version beats any version I've seen running on Mame.
Nice, agreed it’s one of the all time great arcade cabinets! :cool:

Soldato
I think I might have solved the microphone issue. I just opted in to the beta test channel on the desktop client.

Since then I can listen to the mic, even though windows is still reporting its output is stuck at 50%

I'll have to test it in MP. It was frustrating this evening as I finally had someone join my game in From Other Suns and I couldn't speak to them!

This might solve the issues I had speaking to Shiwarrior in the PC version of Pop one.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
If anyone's got the Pro controllers on the Quest 2, there's a new demo that's appeared on the Quest store for the Pro controllers.

"First Touch for Meta Quest Pro Controllers"

This is the first demo I've tried that properly uses the enhanced haptic feedback of the Pro controllers, plus the pinch sensor.

It's a simple painting program where you can use spray cans, paint brushes and even your fingers to paint.

When you shake the spray cans you can feel the rattle of the mixing ball inside. When you spray the trigger vibrates. You can feel the brush dragging across the canvass. It's pretty impressive!

It really gives an good idea what the pro controllers can do.

Associate
Smashed my hand off the wall last night for a second time now whilst playing The Walk Dead (PCVR). Even in the all time epic Half Life: Alyx I still managed to keep my sense of reality outside of the headset, but for some reason in The Walking Dead I get caught out. It's been a great game though, lots of content to keep me going hopefully in time for the next one to release.

Back
Top Bottom