*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Always fancied playing that Arctika.1 game on the Oculus store but resent the idea of playing RRP for a pretty old title. Anyone played it and enjoyed it?

It is an older game, and only supports teleport movement to specific locations. I played it the other day on the Quest Pro, and it does look good on a modern headset.

As there is no free movement this actually makes the game a bit more immersive as you find yourself using the cover in front of you. The game works best when you have a few feet to move around, so you can take advantage of that, and also to move to interact with nearby objects like keypads and terminals.

The funny thing though is the world scale seems a bit off and I had to download a mod to make the scale to be more realistic.

Also bear in mind it was delveloped for the original CV1 with OLED panels and there are a lot of dark scenes in the game which can look grey or washed out on an LCD headset.

IMHO the best of the older Oculus PC games are Lone Echo 1 & 2, Wilson's Heart, From Other Suns and Asgard's Wrath.

@Ravenger did you overall enjoy the game though?

I have Lone Echo 1 but to be honest I’m a shooting guy. As fantastic as Lone Echo is, it doesn’t have me itching to get back to it - and I did manage to sink a fair few hours in to it.

I just feel like VR is calling for a classic Time Crisis style shooter, yet this seems to be a relatively untapped area from what I can see!

@Ravenger did you overall enjoy the game though?

I have Lone Echo 1 but to be honest I’m a shooting guy. As fantastic as Lone Echo is, it doesn’t have me itching to get back to it - and I did manage to sink a fair few hours in to it.

I just feel like VR is calling for a classic Time Crisis style shooter, yet this seems to be a relatively untapped area from what I can see!
Personally I really enjoy after the fall, left 4 dead in VR basically.

Thanks, must give it a whirl to see how it goes.

Unfortunately I can't get Opera GX to work, once I download to pc, connect the quest 2, Sidequest doesn't recognise it as a valid file to install, so its a no go, I tried renaming the ese to an .apk but still no good.
Derveloper option is fully enabled on quest and lots of stuff installed wiith Sidequest

Last edited:
Darn it, my official Oculus link cable connector got bent and now it doesn't work. :mad:

I'd left it plugged into my PC's front USBC port and found it bent slightly. The thing is I've not been anywhere near that port, and it would have taken quite a bit of force to bend it. £90 of cable down the drain...

Luckily I have another link cable but it isn't as flexible as the official one. Also the computer USBC port works fine so at least that wasn't damaged.

Anyone recommend a thin and flexible cable? The Kukect one I got works great but is too thick and stiff to clip into the cable mount on the headset and tends to weigh the headset down a bit.

Darn it, my official Oculus link cable connector got bent and now it doesn't work. :mad:

I'd left it plugged into my PC's front USBC port and found it bent slightly. The thing is I've not been anywhere near that port, and it would have taken quite a bit of force to bend it. £90 of cable down the drain...

Luckily I have another link cable but it isn't as flexible as the official one. Also the computer USBC port works fine so at least that wasn't damaged.

Anyone recommend a thin and flexible cable? The Kukect one I got works great but is too thick and stiff to clip into the cable mount on the headset and tends to weigh the headset down a bit.

There are some official link cables on the bay for much less than the official price. Depending how tasty you are with a soldering iron, I'd be tempted to try fit a replacement connector to the cable you have.

Ive been using a 5m Kiwi Designs one with no issues for a few years now, nice and flexible, not heavy and has a little velcro loop so you can attach/route the cable out the back of the headset behind you, wasnt expensive either, worth a look

@MoNkeE I just recently picked up Artika.1 to play on my Quest, as I had the same itch for a time crisis style game, for an old/original title it held up very well, definitely worth picking up IMO. Be warned there is a bit of a glitch where it sometimes doesnt recognise a click of the trigger (kinda like an old arcade machine lol) it didnt bother me as you are usually blasting the trigger at enemies anyway.

Gave it a quick blast last night for half hour before my battery went kaput. Seems like good fun and exactly what I’m after in terms of a room scale time crisis shooter! The trigger button issue is annoying, going to see if I can resolve that as seen some online solutions for it. Thanks again @DK83 !

Back
Top Bottom