*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Gave it a quick blast last night for half hour before my battery went kaput. Seems like good fun and exactly what I’m after in terms of a room scale time crisis shooter! The trigger button issue is annoying, going to see if I can resolve that as seen some online solutions for it. Thanks again @DK83 !
oh I didnt know there was a solution! too late now for me as I finished it but may revisit in the future!

Soldato
Ok, so just started using my quest 2 again in over a year, but the battery was flat even though it was fully turn off? Also I would like to buy a 2meter usb c cable instead of the 5meter cable as its time consuming to use,, but what cable would do the job as Im finding it hard to find a short fast cable?

Last edited:
Underboss
Ok, so just started using my quest 2 again in over a year, but the battery was flat even though it was fully turn off? Also I would like to buy a 2meter usb c cable instead of the 5meter cable as its time consuming to use,, but what cable would do the job as Im finding it hard to find a short fast cable?

sometimes you "think" you've turned it off, but you actually haven't, I've done that a few times

as for the cable, do you want it just to charge ? or use it and charge ?

Soldato

I just use two hooks beside my PC where I have the cable for the Quest 2. It's permanently attached to the computer and I just unwind what I need when I am playing.

Last edited:
Soldato
not going to ask how you managed that !

I wish I knew! I'm normally ultra careful. I can only presume the cable got trodden on or pulled, possibly while putting or getting the Pro on its dock which is on a shelf next to it. The PC USBC port seems to work ok still.

These cables need a quick disconnect connector like the Index does or Xbox controllers.

Associate
Any of you guys have had dead pixel issues with the quest 2, switched mine on today and after a while I noticed like a cluster of three or so green off centre right side on left lens, really annoying. The one year warranty is due to run out on 28 of this month, though I do have an extended warranty.

I took it back to a well known high st store who eventually exchanged it for me for a new headset, I got a refund on the extended warranty, their way of doing things, and had to buy a new after care warranty, a £10 extra as price had gone up, but at least the whole guarantee starts afresh.

I do sit by window at times and the bright sun does affect the controllers, but I am careful not to let sunlight directly into lens of quest, I take it there is no way sunlight can affect the front of the quest, causing dead pixels etc.

Last edited:
Associate

Batteries lose their charge over time even when not in use.

Associate
I am currently using the charging cable on the Quest or my 1m Nokia phone cable to transfer files from the computer to The Quest 2, I have bought a few 2m cables off ebay as the 1m cable is a bit short, but for some reason I don't get the allow prompt on the Quest with the longer cables.
I only transfer files from computer to the Quest 2 (I don't stream games) so wondering why the longer cables don't work, can anyone maybe point me to a better ebay cable.

Thanks.

Caporegime
Time to give my Q2 some TLC. Got the BoboVR M2 Pro and F2 Upgrade, plus some rubbing alcohol. Going to give the controllers a proper clean and see if I can clean the side/improve the drift issue. Thank you Community Fibre referral (£100 Amazon voucher), all of that for £2.37.

Caporegime
Time to give my Q2 some TLC. Got the BoboVR M2 Pro and F2 Upgrade, plus some rubbing alcohol. Going to give the controllers a proper clean and see if I can clean the side/improve the drift issue. Thank you Community Fibre referral (£100 Amazon voucher), all of that for £2.37.
Let me know how you get on with the F2, I have the M2 Pro (which I love) and get foggy lenses when running Beat Saber / Audica, so would love some real-world and unbiased feedback on the upgraded F2 :)

Caporegime
Let me know how you get on with the F2, I have the M2 Pro (which I love) and get foggy lenses when running Beat Saber / Audica, so would love some real-world and unbiased feedback on the upgraded F2 :)
Will do, we may be selling our souls but to order something on Amazon in the afternoon and get it the same day is quite handy. I should be able to give it a spin by tomorrow.

Edit - have people used toothpaste to clean their controllers? Just seen some mentions along with rubbing alcohol.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Will do, we may be selling our souls but to order something on Amazon in the afternoon and get it the same day is quite handy. I should be able to give it a spin by tomorrow.

Edit - have people used toothpaste to clean their controllers? Just seen some mentions along with rubbing alcohol.
Never cleaned mine, and had a Q2 since launch, but I guess my wife and I don't have grubby hands.

Soldato
I've used alcohol to try and clean mine, but next time I'd use contact cleaner. Got some wd40 contact cleaner (special for electrical stuff). Since my controller got replaced for stick drift, I've not had it again yet, but suspect it'll come in time. One thing people say is make sure you give it an excessive amount of time to dry.

Caporegime
Had a lunchtime blast and was pretty sweaty in about 10 mins, no fog. Another 20 minutes and I could feel my head drenched in sweat - no fog. This was on setting 1, the noise goes once you start playing a game. A bit pricey but it seems to work well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom