*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Thanks all.

A halo effect around bright text on dark background is normal.

And is it possible it's your space and not the devices? Have you tried playing in other places?

Unlikely it's where I play as it's a southerly facing room with ample light, and it's also happened in the evening with the light on in the room.

Could you create a quick and dirty temp meta account to confirm that a profile may be corrupt or do you know someone with a meta account that you could log on with?

I only know one other person with a meta account and, friends as we are, he's unlikely to share his login details with anyone :). I hadn't thought about creating another Meta account, but I'm also not sure how Meta would view it if I did. I guess it depends what information they ask for as I can't remember offhand.

One issue that can affect tracking is LED lighting and its frequency. Try changing the tracking frequency in the settings.

I haven't, but I will take a look at that. I've also opened another ticket with Meta to see what they come up with.

Soldato
I only know one other person with a meta account and, friends as we are, he's unlikely to share his login details with anyone :). I hadn't thought about creating another Meta account, but I'm also not sure how Meta would view it if I did. I guess it depends what information they ask for as I can't remember offhand.

My quick and dirty meta account is stlll working as my main account. I set up a new m$ account with a false name and then set the meta account up with the same name. Both accounts can be deleted if the headset shows the same error, and you could test it with free games/apps in he meta store.

Caporegime
I got Les Mills Bodycombat in the recent sale, and it's by far the best VR fitness app I've used so far.

It really feels like you have a personal trainer with the narrators talking you through the workouts and giving encouragement and tips.

It's far better than BoxVR used to be, and isn't a subscription app like FitXR.

There's a lot of variety in the moves, and even though I'm pretty fit and do a lot of running my arms and legs really ached for a few days after I played it for the first time - muscles I hadn't exercised in ages got a really real going over.
Thanks for this. I just tried FitXR at the weekend and really liked it (7 day free trial) but don't fancy a subscription.

Associate
So some more detail on the Quest 3 is emerging with the price tag to be around £499 for a 128gb model.

What are your thoughts on this, ready to jump in, asap after release?

For myself I will be holding back I think, as I feel Meta's prices of late are all over the place, eg pro at £1500, then dropped to £1000, Quest 2 at £299 then raised to £399, and now back down to £299.

I would have hoped for the price to be around the £400 mark, but what would P"" me off I think is buying it at the higher price then see it drop by maybe £100 a month or so later.

A little disappointed as well that the base model of the Quest 3 is still 128 GB, for the higher price I would probably have expected that to be 256GB.

Soldato
So some more detail on the Quest 3 is emerging with the price tag to be around £499 for a 128gb model.

For myself I will be holding back I think, as I feel Meta's prices of late are all over the place, eg pro at £1500, then dropped to £1000, Quest 2 at £299 then raised to £399, and now back down to £299.

I would have hoped for the price to be around the £400 mark, but what would P"" me off I think is buying it at the higher price then see it drop by maybe £100 a month or so later.

A little disappointed as well that the base model of the Quest 3 is still 128 GB, for the higher price I would probably have expected that to be 256GB.

They're trying to set out a full ecosystem. q2 £300-400, q3 £500+, pro £1k (I suspect that'll drop to 8-900).

I'm not buying at launch, I was desperately hoping for eye tracking, without that, I need a new graphics card to make the pancake lenses and better processor worthwhile I reckon, so I'm going to hold off. Hoping that there'll be a nice sale on at some point, or perhaps a decent deal from the members market.

May be tempted to go for the larger storage this time, since bigger games seem to be becoming slightly more common now.

Associate

I'm buying on day 1 of release, i sold my Q2 a couple of months ago in anticipation of the Q3's release.

Soldato
I've kept my previous headsets for MP. Will be looking to pass on the Q1 though now it's no longer fully supported. Would still make a decent basic headset for PCVR for someone.

Soldato
I'm looking for a battery headstrap for a Baldie :)

I've been using the original Elite battery headstrap but since I lost all my hair early this year it's very uncomfortable at the back.

So, any reccomendations ???

Try this foam pad for the battery strap, or a cheaper variant. I've got it and it's really comfy.

Soldato
Soldato
I might be tempted by the Quest 3 if there's any significant worthwhile improvements but I haven't taken a lot of notice at the moment. I'm not worried about my Quest 2 as I can always give that to my sister. She wouldn't buy one herself but I know she enjoyed playing it when she popped round a few months back :).

Soldato
Airlink is broken in the latest firmwares. I've been unable to use Airlink on the Pro for at least a week. A possible fix is to factory reset, but it's unclear if that fixes it for everyone, or if it's a permanent fix.

This is confirmed by the author of Virtual Desktop, Guy Godin.

Soldato
V55 on the public test channel fixes airlink, and also unlocks the CPU and GPU improvements meta was talking about recently. Many games will automatically get a performance boost, but for best results developers will have to update their apps.

Associate
Just been into VR for about 15 months now, and when I look back I wish I had known about the reset position on quick settings on dashboard from day one.

I feel this is perhaps one of the most important things to know how to do (when trying VR for first time) as I have the set boundary disabled and often move from room to room. Even in games Like Pokerstars VR on the Blackjack table I often have to adjust the reset just to be able to grab the betting money easy. With some other games I have to do the same.

Last edited:
Underboss
Just been into VR for about 15 months now, and when I look back I wish I had known about the reset position on quick settings on dashboard from day one.

I feel this is perhaps one of the most important things to know how to do (when trying VR for first time) as I have the set boundary disabled and often move from room to room. Even in games Like Pokerstars VR on the Blackjack table I often have to adjust the reset just to be able to grab the betting money easy. With some other games I have to do the same.
i cant remeber if the Q2 has it or not, i think it does, you can reset view by holding down one of the buttons

Back
Top Bottom