*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
If you don't have it onboard I would probably get a used/cheap wifi router, preferably wifi6, and just use it as a dedicated access point. I got a Huawei AX3 a few years back as it was cheap and is used just for Quest link.
I bought the same router. Plugged it into my pc and as a bridge, separate password and only used by my headset.

There's quite a few cheaper options for routers now.

Associate
I bought the same router. Plugged it into my pc and as a bridge, separate password and only used by my headset.

There's quite a few cheaper options for routers now.

Could you link me a few decent cheap options? I've already banged my knee and punched a wall :D

Last edited:
Associate
Just recently upgraded from v50 to current version v54.
Been getting quite a few black screens when exiting apps, with just controllers visible in the black screen, since I upgraded, nothing like that in v50.

I have to reboot to fix it.

Anyone else?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't think this is anything to do with tracking, I think a black screen is known as BSOD Black Screen of Death, much like the name of the BSOD in windows used to be. The controllers are totally visible in this black screen.

Probably a software thing, I do use apps from the unknown sources a lot of the time in the Quest, so maybe something to do with that and the Developer mode.

At least a reboot seems to fix it until it happens again.

Soldato
Don't think this is anything to do with tracking, I think a black screen is known as BSOD Black Screen of Death, much like the name of the BSOD in windows used to be. The controllers are totally visible in this black screen.

Probably a software thing, I do use apps from the unknown sources a lot of the time in the Quest, so maybe something to do with that and the Developer mode.

At least a reboot seems to fix it until it happens again.

If you sign up for the PTC (public Test Channel) you can get early access to bugs and glitches. Currently on V55 ..... touches head.

Soldato
Thanks, but if you do sign up does that mean that the headset auto downloads the Beta, or not.
Don't think I would want that.

Also, if you're not happy on the PTC, you can always toggle it off.

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/que...and-accessories/using-your-headset/quest-ptc/

'Remove yourself from Quest PTC​

You can remove yourself from Quest PTC from the Meta Quest mobile app.

To remove yourself from Quest PTC using the mobile app:
  1. From the Meta Quest mobile app, tap Device.
  2. Tap Advanced settings.
  3. Tap the toggle next to Public Test Channel.

Soldato
hmmm, so two preselected games per month. And once the month is over you lose access to those games and you get to play the two games selected for that month.

It sounded good when I saw the title of the video. A bit "meh" though?

I thought you kept access to all the games as long as the subscription lasted? I've not watched the video though.

Associate

How It Works​

On the first of each month, you’ll get two titles to redeem, enjoy, and master. First up, we’re pairing Cloudhead Games’ physical action-rhythm FPS Pistol Whip with the nostalgia-fueled arcade adventure Pixel Ripped 1995 from ARVORE Immersive Experiences. And for August, you can look forward to a uniquely compelling social VR experience in Mighty Coconut’s Walkabout Mini Golf and some frantic weapon-crafting and shooter action in MOTHERGUNSHIP: FORGE from Terrible Posture Games.

You get to keep each title as long as you’re a Meta Quest+ subscriber, so the value builds over time. And you can cancel at any time for maximum flexibility. Even better, if you rejoin down the road, you’ll regain access to all of the titles from your original paid subscription period.

Back
Top Bottom