OCZ VERTEX 2E FIRMWARE 1.28 + GUIDE

Associate
I'm using the Intel RST 10 drivers which the toolbox apparently doesn't work with. What am I supposed to do? Is there a new version of these drivers I can install?

Edit: Seems to I need to downgrade to 9.6. Will try it later.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Toolbox works with the 10 series drivers if you run it in XP SP3 compatibility mode. You can't use it to update the OS drive though, only a secondary drive.

Soldato
Another slightly different way. Is to clone your current OS drive (assuming this is your SSD) and boot from the clone with your SSD connected as a secondary and use OCZ Toolbox to flash. A bit of messing about (but then again none of the methods are point and click).

I keep a clone of my main drive anyway, as an ultimate backup. Though I could use Acronis TI to recover an image back to a spare drive, rather than clone.

So many different exciting options....

Soldato
but then again none of the methods are point and click

Well there used to be one but they disabled it. Apparently they've brought back the SSDUpdate program that can update an in-use OS drive but it can cause BSODs etc. so to be on the safe side I prefer to use the Linux method for now.

Soldato
Thanks for this. Worked for me OK, although had to mess around setting the static IP address again for the NIC. :) But once I got that sorted, it downloaded the update fine and all is well.

Associate
I used the standalone update tool that will install it to your primary drive. Bit more risky maybe but worked fine for me, didn't even blue screen.

It's on the ocz forums.

Associate
Having issues

Hi Guys,

I am having issues when trying to update my OCZ Vertex 2E firmware 1.23 to the latest firmware using the linux guide.

I am getting an error saying failed.

Any advise ??

Bashy.

Associate
Hi Bunyan,

I have checked and I have an active wireless connection and I am getting the below error message;

root@PartedMagic:/media/sdh1/fwupd# ./fwupd /dev/sdc
fwupd v1.12: update drive firmware

updating /dev/sdc
Firmware update FAILED: unsupported drive.
root@PartedMagic:/media/sdh1/fwupd#

Bashy.

Soldato
Successfully upgraded from 1.27 to 1.32 over the weekend using Parted Magic and the flashing tool. It's a little nerve wrecking mind knowing that if something goes wrong you've got an expensive paper weight :D

Associate
Ahh! you are flashing the wrong drive!!! The drive should be labled SDA. Have a look i think you will be able to spot your error :)

*Edit i actually may be wrong. Have another look anyhow.

Hi Bunyan,

I have a double checked and I am trying to flash the correct drive and on my pc it is labeled as \dev\sdc

I will contact OCZ and see what they recommend.

Thanks for your help.

Bashy.

Back
Top Bottom