• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Now using my mighty 7500 pci :p

7500.jpg

Damn thing looks lost in the case, only installs by a basic vga driver as well so looks like I've got a 50x magnified desktop, :o

Joined the club today!

But why does it feel performance is worse than my 3gb gtx580? Played a little bit of Diablo 3 and it dropped to 12fps on Bridge of korsikk!! This is crazy.

14.6 Catalyst version Windows 8.1

I have 2500k OC to 4.5ghz, 1600gb ram 256ssd and 3 monitors as follow: 2560x1600 Dell U3011 + 1050x1680 Dell 2009WFP on the 7990 card and 1200x1600 Dell 2007FP on chip gpu.
Water loop on the entire system.

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with the display ports?

I have a monitor with speakers so liked using the DP cable however recently i've noticed that CCC pops up an error

NOU2R.jpg

I only have a resolution option of 1024x768 then and other times the screen refuses to come on at all until I switch to DVI.

Monitor is this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-063-AS&groupid=17&catid=1120

Yes James, I see this message popping up every now and then. I think mostly when monitor was in a sleep mode and is being waken up.

On another note: Should I not bother with latest drivers then? Downloading them now but won't rush installing them I guess.

I need some help I recently picked up a 7990 to crossfire with my 7970. The cards were working fine for a bit now every game I play the game minimizes back to the desktop. It's very frustrating, is it my cards causing the issue or software related. I was running Windows 8.1 but I got so frustrated I reformatted and went back to Windows 7 and the issue still happens. I took the cards out of crossfire just running the 7990 and experience the same issue. Totally getting frustrated.

Here's details on my system

I7 980x Extreme Edition @ 4.6 GHZ
asus P6T V2 x58 main board
12 GB of Corsair Dominator Ram
amd 7990 with EK water block
Msi 7970 with KOMODO water block
Corsiar AX1200i power supply
3 HP L2445 24" Monitors 5700 x 1200 res
Main drive Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500 GB
Storage drive 1000 GB Samsung 7,200
storage drive 300 GB Raptor 10,000 RPM
case corsair 900D

You've run the 799 on it's own though you'll still need Xfire on to run just the 7990 as it's a dual card. I see you are running 3 monitoirs too. Tried 1 monitor?

Could be an eyefinity issue. I Never used eyefinity so couldnt help but I remeber eyefinity can be problematic.

Were you always running 14.9's? Did the problem manifest after a driver change?

Can understand your frustration as it has been working.

Quick google and sounds like another piece of software is conflicting with the game. I'd run a malware prog such as spybot search and destroy. Which anti virus are you using?

You've run the 799 on it's own though you'll still need Xfire on to run just the 7990 as it's a dual card. I see you are running 3 monitoirs too. Tried 1 monitor?

Could be an eyefinity issue. I Never used eyefinity so couldnt help but I remeber eyefinity can be problematic.

Were you always running 14.9's? Did the problem manifest after a driver change?

Can understand your frustration as it has been working.

Quick google and sounds like another piece of software is conflicting with the game. I'd run a malware prog such as spybot search and destroy. Which anti virus are you using?

I tried one monitor and no success, I ran 13.9 and 13.12 drivers no better actually seemed more prone to crashes, I will try spybot in the morning, maybe have to drain the loop and try cards separately but that is a huge pain in the €@*

Hi,

I'd have to google error code myself to look it up.

Norton!!!!!!!!!!! Take that rubbish off. That conflicts with everything. You dont need to pay for a decent anti virus or malware. Norton is the worst of the lot. I'd start with removing that. Use a decent Driver uninstaller like DDU (display driver uninstaller) and reinstall drivers.

Hi,

I'd have to google error code myself to look it up.

Norton!!!!!!!!!!! Take that rubbish off. That conflicts with everything. You dont need to pay for a decent anti virus or malware. Norton is the worst of the lot. I'd start with removing that. Use a decent Driver uninstaller like DDU (display driver uninstaller) and reinstall drivers.

I had a chance to finally work on my computer. I put a brand new power supply in and the minimizing stopped. I get the odd crash in BF4 but nothing like before. I have another question though. Watching my 7990 in afterburner, how come the 7990 runs one core at 950 and the other at 1000? Even if I overclock it stays at 950. And on other question in the amd overdrive the newer drivers 14.12 only have one tab to over clock the cores ( older drivers had separate tabs for the cores and could overclock them individually. Is there a recommended set of drivers I should use? I game a lot with BF4

Back
Top Bottom