******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

No subscription required
Playable - debatable, it's in very early alpha and it's only one tiny part of the game (Dogfighting) that's being tested publicly.
Mouse/keyboard, joystick and gamepad, although depending on what type of joystick/HOTAS you have it may or may not work.

Its not 'debatale', its certainly playable, you just have to accept that, like you say, its a tiny part of the game which is playable.

If you're okay playing that horde/swarm mode, then its most definitely playable and what issues it has doesnt stop you playing it, and any hiccups shouldnt take long to fix, but it will only be a small area of space & dogfighting that we'll be doing for the coming months. Theres no persistent universe or the rest of what will make this game stand out in the future, cos its still early in development, but what is there is definitely playable, its just a small sample.

Debatable in the sense that the latest patch apparently broke the game on several systems which were running it fine previously and still lacking joystick support for several models. This is all part of alpha/beta testing though.

Asteroid Hangar is apparently part of the latest patch although not heard of anyone actually having it when they log in yet. Bit of pre-loading perhaps?

Debatable in the sense that the latest patch apparently broke the game on several systems which were running it fine previously and still lacking joystick support for several models. This is all part of alpha/beta testing though.

Asteroid Hangar is apparently part of the latest patch although not heard of anyone actually having it when they log in yet. Bit of pre-loading perhaps?

Theres a lot of alsorts in the PAK files:
A38kKdp.png PDMPXa8.png

[edit] i was expecting the forum to 'resize' them, apparently not, so i'll just leave the link [/edit]
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/56530102tga.jpg
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/2935803301.jpg

I dont think it means an awful lot just yet though, theres a fair bit of Stanton in there, and 'planetside'. It does seem odd it being in there though, when its an 7-8gb file to download and theres stuff which doesnt appear to have any purpose for what the public will see. It could just been tiny files, doing no harm, but as you can see from the 2nd pair of images, they're certainly interesting, but i havent seen anything else where this was being discussed, so the rest could be a lot of nothing.

Absolutely beautiful.

Gutted though, was hoping the pictures would put all the owners off and see a max sale of them with LTI. I'll wait for them for pledging though, as has been the plan the last few weeks now.
Love the Red & Grey, but theres a pic which talks about them using greys and an accent colour during greybox. Matches the Javelin & Gladiator otherwise, and i really like that, so i hope it isnt changed too much, and the red is the accent colour in the final version.

Also, the CIG marketing machine played a blinder on this one, cos on Saturday/Sunday one of the developers said they'd ask whoever was working on this ship, if they could release some shots this week. So it seems even if the Avenger had won the vote, we'd have still got these pics around the same time anyway, but instead they've done this because thats what we voted for, so here's some sneak preview pics ;)

Last edited:
I agree they're great, loving the detail they put into these ships it's unlike any game I've played before. I only got a good look inside the avenger earlier in my hangar for the first time. Really surprised how good it is internally already, had no idea there was a middle compartment with a bed! :)

Latest subscriber flare. Mini Freelancer MIS model, interesting how they've got slots for the Hull C and Starfarer, guessing there's going to be a few of these models and stands!

ScreenShot0001.jpg
ScreenShot0002.jpg
ScreenShot0003.jpg

Love how they show the opened box

i really dont get the fascination with silly things like models, they do nothing, their just pointless thing you'd pay for which provide nothing to the gaming experience at all, and i want that damn thing soooo hard its annoying! told a mate he needs to buy one for me, cos i need it, my life wont be complete till i have them all in there. had this been RSI, meh, but the fact that its MISC and i love my Starfarer, like the freelancer, and expect to love the Hull C, it makes me want this one, and well if im getting that, might as well get the rest too, right?

I dont think id buy one each month, if thats how they're doing it, but i'll be buying them in-game. You should get one model with every ship you buy from a dealership IMO, rather than walking into an Anvil dealership and paying 100UEC for 4 of them, make them like achievements/trophies for ship purchases.

"If you aren’t a subscriber, don’t worry: these models will be available in the finished Star Citizen persistent universe. Pilots will be able to collect a variety of ship models to display in their hangars."
They're $5 for subs to buy for others (subs get one free) so i think i'll get this one, and the rest will have to wait, with Starfarer & Retaliator models being the only possible exceptions.

Last edited:
Paul it's a small thank you too subscribers, nothing more especially as they have continually changed what subscribers get, pretty sweet when you consider it brings in extra cash too

Cosmetic stuff is always popular but at least is not something that gives subscribers an advantage.

Quick question is this for real? Or is it some fluff video?

Secondly, if it is real (The voice command automation), could this not be considered cheating as your not actually doing it your self?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom