******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

it's reassuring that someone else had the same issue. I did keep trying and eventually had two nice runs, I'm not someone fussed about KD ratios, I'm too old for that lark now lol[/url]
Yeah, good to know it's not just me!

I only know what my KDR was because the scoreboard comes up and only noticed it because my deaths were 'incomplete' and thus not recorded.

My first goal will be to get everything working.
The second will be learning to fly this flippin' thing.
The third will be managing to live!!

Xi'an Scout (screencap from ATV ep2 @ 24m 40s)

Xian_Scout_01.png

Xian_Scout_02.png

Back on sale tomorrow @ $150

Some other versions of the images:

Z92Vk3j.jpg
gzOcQfv.jpg

In PAGAN only I and Starstuff have one of those.. how do I have a feeling that number will rise rapidly..

"Some other versions of the images:"
versions of the exact same 2 images, you mean? :confused:

Bigger equals different :P Not sure about the texturing. Is it just me or does it look like a French polisher has been at it?

$150? Is this another limited sale?

That was the price last time, "limited" I'm not sure remember they've never said limited sales would be one offs so there's a change these will be back up again at a later date anyway. I'd be shocked if they didn't have a pre-PU blow out sale in 201X when the game comes out.

Last edited:
Yeah, im sure everything EXCEPT the Scythe and Idris-M will be available numerous times before the game is released (Inc Idris-P if you've got $1250 weighing you down ;))

But, as i think i said earlier (certainly said it in a few places) im surprised its a sale for an unfinished ship, seeing as the developers asked whether we preferred to buy the Mustang 'now' or 'when its in the hangar' and the hangar vote won.
I voted Hangar, but i regret that because i'd love for them to make the Retaliator available again, cos even though ive got my credits sat waiting to buy one, and i know it'll be sold again eventually, i still want that tali now!!

But its quite clear that the pledge counter see's a sizeable increase when theres something new for the community to spend its money on. So its better for CIG to sell in terms of funding. I just think most people assumed that having spoken, and saying 'wait till its in hangar' there wouldnt be sales like this. The Freelancer one was fine, because those models appeared in hangars as soon as they were bought. The Scout wont.

That's a good point, forgot we had that vote. I voted for hangar too as I've no interest in the Mustang, but might have if I can see what it looks like in the hangar first (via youtube). I'm surprised it's taking so long to get some concept art out for some of the ships tbh.

Dear lord it's beautiful :D I bought one back at Christmas time, very glad I did now!

Grey market prices for LTIs are going to go mental.

Yeah it does look really good. So tempted to melt either my 350R of Super Hornet for it!

Shame it doesn't look like it has a bed for deep space saving or at least some cargo and I'm not sure if it really needs two seats when there are no turrets.

Ive got to say, this is the first ship in SC ive thought 'wow!' and made me want to jump into the seat. So glad I have one. Sure theyre going to be common but its a big universe. I hope.

Yeah it does look really good. So tempted to melt either my 350R of Super Hornet for it!

Shame it doesn't look like it has a bed for deep space saving or at least some cargo and I'm not sure if it really needs two seats when there are no turrets.

Firstly, if you DARE melt that Super Hornet, i'll hunt you down! :D If you want the credits to buy something else plenty would buy it off you, myself included.

Secondly, it's definitely got turrets, thats what is firing the red laser shots, but people seem to be viewing it as a 'glass cannon', where its very nimble and dangerous, but limited armor beyond its shield, so a coulpe of hits could be fatal, where others hold strong, the challenge is being able to hit it as its very agile.

"Xi’an Scout Unlocked! The Khartu is the light attack craft of the Xi’An military. Contrary to Human ship design, the Khartu doesn’t have a traditional main thruster, instead featuring an array of maneuvering thrusters on articulated rigs. This design allows for incredible agility, making them the bane of UEE pilots, who bestowed the nickname ‘Quark’ because when all of the thrusters are firing, the ship looks like a spark flying through space. The Xi’an Aopoa corporation also manufactures an export model, the Khartu-al, for sale to human civilians as a dedicated scout/explorer. The export model features the same Xi’an maneuvering rig, but control surfaces modified for human use and a more limited armament. (Designer: Aopoa)"

and

"Xi’an ship design will be focused on a vertical aesthetic and maneuvering jets that can combine to thrust in multiple directions. Gimbaled, larger-than-normal thrusters sit on the four points of a star in the centerline, allowing each thruster unobstructed hemispherical coverage. The Xi’an scout can rotate on all axes and direct four thrusters to the rear or front! Because of this configuration the Xi’an ship has superb linear maneuvering abilities on all axes. This extra maneuverability comes at a cost however. Xi’an ships favor maneuverability over heavy armament or defensive protection."

Its on the ship specs page (Qhire Khartu-al, second from the end), and the SC wiki (as Xi'an Scout i'd imagine) if you want more info

Ive got to say, this is the first ship in SC ive thought 'wow!' and made me want to jump into the seat. So glad I have one. Sure theyre going to be common but its a big universe. I hope.

Not sure i want one, with cash anyway, but i think the fact that it doesnt look like another silvery metal ship, its colourful and unusual, it adds a lot of appeal.
Theres ships i like, such as the M50, which i think look just fine, very nice infact, but its very much a jet plane looking scheme. Imagine that with the glossy red finish, or any vibrant body, rather than light or dark grey/silver metal colours which are found on them all. A 'racing' ship has the opportunity to look like a sports car, big vulgar colours, go Lamborghini on it, but instead its all very Volvo. Its a missed opportunity.

This ship has a very futuristic feel, most of what we've seen all feels safe and familiar, the Mustang might be the only one which is unusual, of the human manufactures (which this isnt) but the scythe and the concepts for the huge alien ships, they dont look futuristic like this, not 900 years futuristic. Its nice seeing this sort of stuff, it'd be cool if there was a hi-tech looking alien race, the Vanduul ships look dark and razor sharp, so against the Vanduul and Human designs, a hi-tech look would be pretty cool.

We have Banu, Vanduul & Xi'an alien races, are there others we know of currently?

That was the price last time, "limited" I'm not sure remember they've never said limited sales would be one offs

Actually they did say that and they had to excuse it with well, a poor excuse but it was a clever way to get people to pay: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13377-Anniversary-Sale-Details See the Why are you offering the limited ships again? section.

Hopefully they learn their lesson and don't use Limited for something that isn't limited in quantity but duration. Because it's really easy to say one thing, get lots of "I GOTTA BUY THIS BEFORE IT NEVER SELLS AGAIN" and then make up some excuse while you've banked a million :P

Back
Top Bottom