******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Yeah, im surprised so many of those are straight into the public, i think the image with the colour variations, and the cockpit view sort (seeing as the video shows well enough so people understand how it looks/works with that solid pillar in front of them.
At the same time, when they've sold ships with nothing more than a description, ive felt its a bit rough, so im certainly in favour of getting a reasonable idea of what you're buying/they're selling, but i dont see why they couldnt hold a little back for the subs, IMO they get a bit of a raw deal, although the recent flair seems more value for money at least.

46 million and still barely a sign of a game.

They have a roadmap of development, they have released stuff to play with and give continual feedback to the community? The only difference between say this funding and publisher funding in terms of delivery is the visibility that the backers are getting so I don't get what the issue is around the funding gains?

There's no game, they have a highly organised modelling team and media. They were 8 months late in delivering tiny arenas with skyboxes and terrible playability.

God knows what ive been playing then :confused:

Eitherway, go be a miserable party pooper elsewhere, cos nobody wants to listen to someone who's here just to moan or add nothing even remotely constructive or relevant to the thread.

Last edited:
Having played the multiplayer a bit now I think it's shaping up pretty well, at least this part of the game. They do seem to be ramping up the development process now though.

DFM is amazing for me, since the latest patch and beta drivers it works flawlessly, yes there are a few bugs still but they just make me laugh (like landing, opening both side doors and flying off with them open still) overall the game looks amazing (Better than some AAA titles!) the playability is great in the 300i at least, I'm really enjoying it and I'm using voice attack for added functionality.

I've played more than a few Alphas in my time and this is more polished and more fun to play than all of them hand's down! That is why I was glad they delayed DFM this is how it SHOULD be.

There are quite a few competionists or at least those in at the $5000 mark. Plenty of people have put a lot of money into this, oddly they tend not to be those whinging about things.

There's one of them in PAGAN, has every ship plus a couple of doubles and intends to collect every item available.

Completionist was only sold to 1 person, his name has been mentioned in the odd WMH episode. Im pretty sure the page used to say '1 of 1' as well as 0 left, but it doesnt appear to be there now.

Personally, if money wasnt an issue and i had the passion and belief in something like that, i dont see the problem with it. From our POV its crazy, but these sort of people probably pay $15,000 for a trivial optional upgrade on a sports car without batting an eyelid. So its a computer game, theres far dafter amounts of money being spent daily.

I say good for them, if $15k isnt an issue and you'd easily spend that on a different hobby, does it really matter?
Im sure plenty of other people will get pleasure out of what that person bought, i doubt he'll be playing solo, and even if he is, its all helping to employ staff who'll build the game.

Edit - 'rreuben'/Reuben bought it, R'C in Icarus Group.
Edit 2 - That Icarus Group, they say they've invested "750k, 500k (confirmed)"! They have 42 members! That works out at $12k/pp for 500k!!

Last edited:
There's only one called completionist but there are undoubtedly a few who are past that in terms of pledging.

I'm not sure what our 27 ship members total adds up to but I'd guess it's got to be between $6000-7000.

On the grey market that'd be an insane amount. especially when you consider the Scythe goes for $2000 on it's own and one of the Idris has recently changed hands for $4200.

Back
Top Bottom