******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

So whats the benefit of crashing into someone, over shooting them?
"Ha ha, killz u noobz, pwnz u like a *****", and other such 'lolz'.
That's the only thing I can think of, myself.
It does seem to be a lot of very bored people who've spent LOADS of money pledging for fleets of ships they can't fly and only have two or three types of game in small arenas.
The scoreboards will probably be wiped clean come release day, so they are just ****ing around in the knowledge that none of it ultimately matters, I guess.

I suppose 4v4 would be similar, and more of a challenge,
So did I... Seems many people quit when they either find themselves teamed up with lesser pilots and/or pitched against better ones. That's how I often end up in 1vs4... I just refuse to quit and console myself with the occasional kills I do manage. :)

Ramming shouldn't be as big a problem in the PU as there are real consequences for losing a ship.
Hopefully.
Yeah, I know. The Lolz-ers just make it a pain for those of us trying to get a bit of serious learning or game testing done.

Wouldn't frequent destruction incur an eventual delay in ship replacement, even on LTI ships, or something?

Yeah, I know. The Lolz-ers just make it a pain for those of us trying to get a bit of serious learning or game testing done.

Wouldn't frequent destruction incur an eventual delay in ship replacement, even on LTI ships, or something?

Yeah, thats something CR has discussed, part of the solution to prevent people from exploiting the fact that they dont have to pay premiums and will just expect a replacement to pop up.

Part of me thinks if theres sufficient proof to suggest people are exploiting it, then it invalidates their contract with the insurance companies. But i can imagine the uproar if people were told lifetime could be taken away from them. Unjustified uproar, on par with the forums yesterday after seeing non-subscribers dare be allowed to ask some questions, new & interesting questions at that, completely ruining their run of asking the same 15-20 questions they keep asking in a slightly different way.
But apparently that was enough for some to demand a refund. :rolleyes::D

With the new multiplayer-group-code-thingamajig coming out in new patch, will players be able to organise both 4-man teams (ie get 8 players together in 2 groups and drop) or will it only allow you to form your own 4-man? That would help with griefing if we can organise our own private drops...

Yeah, thats something CR has discussed, part of the solution to prevent people from exploiting the fact that they dont have to pay premiums and will just expect a replacement to pop up.

Part of me thinks if theres sufficient proof to suggest people are exploiting it, then it invalidates their contract with the insurance companies. But i can imagine the uproar if people were told lifetime could be taken away from them. Unjustified uproar, on par with the forums yesterday after seeing non-subscribers dare be allowed to ask some questions, new & interesting questions at that, completely ruining their run of asking the same 15-20 questions they keep asking in a slightly different way.
But apparently that was enough for some to demand a refund. :rolleyes::D

Lifetime insurance didn't cover everything and can be removed, I'm sure that's been said a few times. Only fair too, all but one of my ships had LTI and it's a huge worry for me balance wise if it can misused. I want the loss of a ship to be a huge deal for players, unlike elite dangerous where its a minor inconvenience.

LTI:
Replaces your ship hull in the event of destruction or theft.
Hull is replaced with an identical model in equivalent condition.
Effective indefinitely with no additional in-game fee.
Lifetime insurance does not exist for ship modifications or cargo
* Insurance claims may be denied in cases of proven fraud.

Also:
Can I use my insurance as an excuse to simply ram other ships to death knowing I will get my ship back?
You can, but this will be a very bad idea as it is inconvenient and time consuming in getting your replacement ship ready to go again. Additionally there will be an increasing delay in replacing your ship every time you make a claim within a certain period of time.

Very tempted to melt my packages and sell the credit at a discount for anyone who wants a ship.

Really can't be bothered with the game and if it turns out to be a gem at a later date then so be it.

Shame i can't trade my Pheonix LTI package, i could sell it but it would mean someone having my account and forum name.

Very tempted to melt my packages and sell the credit at a discount for anyone who wants a ship.

Really can't be bothered with the game and if it turns out to be a gem at a later date then so be it.

Shame i can't trade my Pheonix LTI package, i could sell it but it would mean someone having my account and forum name.

I don't think you can gift anything that has been melted anymore, including credits. you got any giftable LTI ships Dave? I might know someone who may be interested in buying some off you

LTI:
Replaces your ship hull in the event of destruction or theft.
Hull is replaced with an identical model in equivalent condition.
Effective indefinitely with no additional in-game fee.
Lifetime insurance does not exist for ship modifications or cargo
* Insurance claims may be denied in cases of proven fraud.

Also:
Can I use my insurance as an excuse to simply ram other ships to death knowing I will get my ship back?
You can, but this will be a very bad idea as it is inconvenient and time consuming in getting your replacement ship ready to go again. Additionally there will be an increasing delay in replacing your ship every time you make a claim within a certain period of time.

Missed out parts about invalidating insurance under certain conditions including LTI potentially. It's been mentioned a couple of times as personally I don't they've figured out how to make LTI work

Example I can remember is taking your ship into pirate territory, insurance wouldn't necessarily cover you.

Ah yes, as in your insurance only being valid in certain security level zones? Or am I getting mixed up with something else... lol

Yeah will be a balancing act to get LTI valuable enough to appease the many ships brought to get it, versus not making it overpowered against stnd hull insurance...

Halfmad, you the main contact to talk to about Pagan?

I wish they would get their backsides in gear and sort out the SLi issues. I really want to give this a go. Its unplayable at present what with all the artifacts and coloured lines all over the screen. :/

Ah yes, as in your insurance only being valid in certain security level zones? Or am I getting mixed up with something else... lol

Yeah will be a balancing act to get LTI valuable enough to appease the many ships brought to get it, versus not making it overpowered against stnd hull insurance...

Yeah either PM me via Enjin on the SC site (www.pagan-sc.com) or on the RSI site if you'd rather, I'm Raumarik on both:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/9229/Raumarik

There is no difference between LTI, hull insurance purchased in game or the free time limited insurance so no balancing between them is needed.

Hull insurance works anywhere. It's cargo and upgrade insurance which will only be be valid in certain areas of space.

There is no difference between LTI, hull insurance purchased in game or the free time limited insurance so no balancing between them is needed.

Hull insurance works anywhere. It's cargo and upgrade insurance which will only be be valid in certain areas of space.

Apart from one is free and unlimited and one is paid for and limited :D

Cheers, I'll jump on Pagan website shortly!

LTI is voided if they suspect insurance fraud, that's just the start of it though. I'd be surprised if it wasn't altered later so the ship was insured but there were hidden costs on top somehow i.e. to speed up replacement etc.

Yes it's the same as SHI, but since they've stated several times it's all subject to change I think we can assume it will, a lot. I'm fine with it being watered down if it helps balance the game.

LTI is voided if they suspect insurance fraud, that's just the start of it though. I'd be surprised if it wasn't altered later so the ship was insured but there were hidden costs on top somehow i.e. to speed up replacement etc.

Yes it's the same as SHI, but since they've stated several times it's all subject to change I think we can assume it will, a lot. I'm fine with it being watered down if it helps balance the game.

Yep, if someone tries to game / cheat the system they could lose the LTI which is as it should be. Every ship comes with some kind of insurance to start with. The add-on ships don't have it listed but CIG have said they will all will do when they figure out how many months it should be...

There are several money sinks CIG are using to keep the economy moving, e.g. insurance and hangar fees, but these fees are apparently minimal so the effect of LTI should only be peace of mind when playing for many years rather than a massive benefit.

If LTI insurance was watered down and slower to regain a ship with an option to buy standard insurance I would be happy with that for balance if needed.

As long as there are insurance payment reminders I think everyone should be fine :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom