******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Well that sucks... I was hoping to map the Nostromo to stand in for a HOTAS throttle until I have the cash for an X55 or summat!!

Well, that's one issue understood then, if not resolved.
Now I just have to figure out why the multiplayer games keep going full-retard on me halfway through the matches...
Usually after a respawn, the view suddenly starts spinning wildly, as if I'm throwing the mouse around on max DPI or something. All controls still work, guns fire, thruster ignites and joystick moves the ship, but my view makes me look like I'm having a massive fit while spinning in one of those astronaut's 3-axis centrifuge chairs!

Not sure if it's my kit or the game yet...

You can do this in Elite: Dangerous but until configurable controls are in SC you'll struggle. I had my Nostromo mapped and it worked well with elite, I just couldn't get use to not having a proper throttle so ended up with a CH Pro.

I've just seen this and had a good chuckle to myself: https://transversegame.com/about/game
Yeah it's given me some good entertainment. :)

Disgusting business practice/scam if legit, fantastic trolling attempt if created by players burned by MWO.

I'm inclined to think it's legit - in which case they're one of the biggest bunch of delusional idiots I've ever seen and completely missing the point of kickstarter projects.

It should just be an extra package on your account containing the Mustang Omega and a pass for Arena Commander and the Murray Cup Racing Module. Obviously the passes wont mean much to anyone already with he game
But if it's a package, that should be one extra character slot, into which you can put your own character, a mate or an NPC to help fly your ship, no?
Sounds pretty nice.

But if it's a package, that should be one extra character slot, into which you can put your own character, a mate or an NPC to help fly your ship, no?
Sounds pretty nice.

Usually yeah but its a bit different for the AMD deal, its states in the terms and conditions that additional fees apply to play the full game...so it does not include the full game.

It was clarified on the forums last week I think, sorry not got a link to hand

AC 0.9 should be available this evening.

There will be some new content on the web site, including the M50 brochure and commercial:

"We’ll also have plenty of cool content on the website, including the M50 brochure and commercial, an updated Arena Commander manual and a post from design talking about the ship stat change process. The team is working tonight to have all the finishing touches on this material done, and it’s content we’re thrilled to share!"

Well that's a bit of a crap deal, innit....???!!!
Guess I won't be buying AMD for another while, then...

They can't discount much on a pledge price without annoying the existing backers, that's what they'd be doing if they gave away a $45 pledge for next to nothing - which is what AMD pay to the companies involved.

I've already gotten my pledge package anyway, but since I could also earn the ship in-game for 'free', it's just not something that would inspire me to buy the card.

Yep I agree, I wouldn't buy it either.

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot more silly marketing stunts like this in the next 18 months, most of which would be better to ignore.

Back
Top Bottom