******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

LTI is back, got mixed feelings about this. We were told it was dead, never to return then 6 months (even?) later it's back. I'm wondering if they're milking the cash cow as funds are being used up faster than expected.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14159-Future-Concept-Sale-Plans

When a ship’s concept gets ‘final approval’ from Chris, we plan to offer it as a one-week concept-only sale. After that week ends, the ship will not be available for sale until it is ready for use in the Hangar. In addition, we are going to offer several extras available only during the concept period:

The Lowest Price – backing earlier helps the production process the most, so it stands to reason that early backers should get the lowest price for their ships. Future Hangar-ready and flight-ready sales will increase the cost of a ship hull slightly.

Hangar Flare – everyone who backs a concept sale will receive two pieces of Hangar Flare. At launch, you’ll get a poster featuring the ship you’ve purchased to display in your Hangar and when the CryEngine model asset is finished you’ll get the in-game Takuetsu model to add to your collection!

Lifetime Insurance – one of the most common demands of CS is that we offer newly announced ships with cross-chassis upgrades to preserve LTI. While we maintain that Lifetime Insurance is a slight convenience and not a game changer, we know it’s something a lot of backers want. We feel comfortable including it during concept sales of ships which have never been available before (and do not intend to make it available again for existing ships or variants.)

Yeah I voted for the Carrack - and if it turns out good I might melt a lot of stuff for it.

Edit: Seeing as it's for the concept stage of new ships only, I don't see it being a problem offering LTI on a limited early sale of new ships. It's not like they're offering LTI on everything in the store again.

Tbh I think it should be standard practice for introducing any new ship - and then have the cross-chassis non-LTI options for people who want to wait for the finished product.

Last edited:
I read that as stating that the cross-chassis upgrades offering the ability for those already with an LTI ship to buy a new ship and transfer that LTI across. The pool of ships with LTI doesn't increase.

Yeah, it does read as though this is simply something we've been told already, and CIG have stupidly decided to dig up the whole LTI debate yet again, by telling us something that really has no impact.
A CCU would work on an LTI ship next Friday, or a year next friday if its released for hangar, and LTI would be carried over. The only benefit could be the discounted (not yet unreasonably marked up) price.

What complicates this further though is that if its purely for CCU, then CIG support arent exactly helping matters, as someone has contacted them asking about the Gladius, and they've come back saying they'll get LTI retroactively.

CIG Chelsea said:
Unfortunately this will only apply to concept sale ships going forward.
Edit: We have listened to our backers and the consensus is that we should add LTI to all sold Gladius'. So expect that to be updated in the coming days =)

That suggests is all previously sold concept sales, which would also include the Xi'an Scout.

So if they're not putting LTI onto concept ships, as standalone purchases, then this is yet another CIG screw-up in the nightmare idea that is LTI.

I don't quite follow their logic at all on this to be honest. Future concept ships - fine, I'm shocked nobody has started screaming about the recent Connie variants.

Well, i can only assume it IS for all concept standalone (and CCU etc) purchases, as Will has posted in the Xi'an Scout thread saying pretty much the same as Chelsea:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3388490/#Comment_3388490
Hello,
We will be retroactively adding LTI to any Gladius or Xian Scout in the next coming days. Thank you for your patience and we will attribute your LTI as soon as possible.

As for the Conny, they were sold as hangar ready. This is for purely concept stage ships.
So ships like the Starfarer, MM, or more recently the Scout (Khartu) and Gladius were sold with absolutely nothing but a bit of pretty artwork, no model, no timeframe, but the opportunity to buy it.

What they're basically doing is giving customers an incentive to buy something they cant get their hands on for quite some time, and perking it with a poster, the warning of a price hike when its finished, and a scale model for your hangar.
The Connies, while they're not flyable, they're in model form. The Starfarer was presented back in June last year, and i'd be surprised if its seen in hangar till next June, cos as much as i love it, its not really essential to the alpha stuff, only the PU really and possibly the SQ42 storyline, but even then it could just be used as an external model, no internal elements to it.
So it could be 12-18-24 months before you *see* what you've paid for.

We'll see, they've altered the rules around LTI and transfer that often now that I don't think they themselves know what they are. They also need to start tightening up more on LTI ships on accounts, lock them down when bought etc. On the one hand they want to close the grey market down, but at the same time they limit ship sales and allow account transfers (not just ship transfers).

The grey market was slowly dying until yesterday.

Yep, i think they should lock these to account, if you wanna melt it in the future then thats fine, but its not trade-able, and if you want to buy one for a mate, you send them RSI credits, paypal or some sort of money transfer and let them buy it.

The grey market would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that its being exploited for personal profit. If it was simply people selling at cost, or trading them for another, i'd have no issue with it.

Hey guyz, My cousin has a star citizen account and is no longer wishing to keep it. He got a refund of $400 on the account from SC but it still has $335 of store credit on the account.

He wishes to sell the acc with the credit, if anyone is interested? I can let give you his details he is just not happy with the how everything is going which is why he is getting rid of it.

The store credit can be used to purchase ships etc, he wants less for the account than there is store credit so let me know if interested.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules on here.

I would rather just post somewhere where it matters.

Last edited:
:eek: Aegis Reclaimer looks great... with a price tag to match!

I'm going to wait and earn that one in game.

Yeah, im currently looking at Excel trying to figure out what i'd have available if i melted some stuff down :D

The price doesnt quite put me off, i was hoping for $250 but then i found out that Ben said the thrusters on the Reclaimer are roughly the same size as a Constellation! :eek:

Seeing as theres no photos yet...

5uPOGAr.jpg

So from that, i figured it could be anywhere from $250-400, and $350 isnt exactly unreasonable, given that the Idris was $1k and originally smaller than this, even still its probably not that different in size to an Idris.

I basically want our little org to have a nice variation of ships, i've spent what im willing to spend, and while i could have an Avenger, each 300 series and each Hornet, i'd rather have a couple of goliath ships, and those who want to limit their spend to an Aurora can borrow a Hornet or whatever from those of us who are happy to spend a bit more.
I've already got my Starfarer, and the Reclaimer would be a good addition. Im hoping that we can convince our Org leader to get the Carrack (melt default Conny & DUR) so we have a thoroughbred exploration ship, rather than the 3 of us have pretty much the same ships (ie $400+ worth of Freelancer MAX, DUR & MIS).

So im hoping to get the Retaliator & Reclaimer, to go with my Gladius, Starfarer & Mustang (AMD).

Another $200+ ship and now lti is back. Really starting to **** me off now that they don't appear to be doing much with the actual game. I'm out for now

I played AC for the first time in a LOOONG while.
Had a great old laugh, was really fun actually.
mostly I watched as hornets danced around and ships wizzed past my trundling Aurora.
but I killed stuff & people, did some fancy twirls, dodged an enemy missile by swinging round another enemy and it hit them.
Great fun, all I could hope for :D

Another $200+ ship and now lti is back. Really starting to **** me off now that they don't appear to be doing much with the actual game. I'm out for now

MrMoonX said:
Th aurora flies like a turd, I have it and it's gimped cos it only cost $35, they need to stop all this ship buying nonsense and make a damn game

MrMoonX said:
I'm out of SC until they stop pumping out ships and fix the flight model, it's awful! Compared to elite this game is terrible, hopefully they start the actual game rather than a tech demo + paid for shiny.

MrMoonX said:
Milk that pony Chris Roberts :rolleyes:

So you like the game then?

So you like the game then?

You Seen MrMoon paid for a game, and he'd like that game now and on his schedule.

Even though the people who come up with the ship designs and models are artists and designers.

And it takes various programming disciplines all working together to make a full game, he'd like these artists to stop doing their job generating content to pack out this lovely game universe and rather they undertook the programming (they'll learn I assume), in a vain hope it brings the release date closer to where he would like.

^Heh. :rolleyes:

Ship packages keep the money coming in; the game is being developed in the background.

Going to be a lot more of this moaning as the next half a dozen ship concepts are released... to all the complainers - either hold your comments until at least Q4 2016 before slating something that isn't ready yet, or sell your account and wait till release.

I can see them making a ton from this, personally I'm not interested but may melt ships for one of the later concepts i.e. Carrack. I won't be adding any more money to what I've already spent though.

Back
Top Bottom