******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Wow, the 890 Jump looks niiiiiiice.

Anybody see that they have given access to all 5 trainer variants in Arena Commander until 17th Oct? So if you login to AC you can use any of: Aurora, 300i, Hornet, M50, and the 350R up to the 17th even if you don't own them.

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14204-Test-Drive-The-Arena-Commander-Lineup

Fantastic, thanks for the heads up. This'll be my only chance to try out the Hornet for a long time. ...

Can any one tell me whats the deal with star citizen as i have a amd key for it and i would like to know is it a full game or is it just a add on im thinking its a space ship, this is what i got Star Citizen - Consolidated Outland Mustang Omega.
Sorry but i don't know to much about it, and could you tell me if its worth keeping or should i sell.

Its the full game and access to the Arena Commander (Dogfighting & Racing) module, you'd have to pay $5 for other modules though (FPS being the main one, PU could be Alpha too). What it doesnt have is Beta Access, which is a little odd.

Its valued at $60, thats for the AMD sponsored Racing variant, theres also a fighter variant, and a 3rd which seems like a camper (exploration probably) and the racer is likely to be a more expensive variant (presumably the fighter is the base version?).
If you wanted to sell it, you might get $45-50, theres no shortage of ppl selling them, you'll probably be able to 'upgrade' it to one of the other variants, or a 300 series or better at the end of the month, but it'll cost $5+ even to 'downgrade' to a cheaper ship (you pay the difference, with the minimum being $5).

I cant really tell you what to do with it. Its not ideal as a starter IMO, but it'll give you both the finished game (PU online stuff, and SQ42 campaign too) without paying more, but you will miss out on FPS and PU alphas, and the beta too unless you add about $15-20 (£10-12) and you'll be able to earn the rest of the ships in game, or simply take out a loan to buy a nicer starter ship and pay it off in-game.

Also, as mentioned, these next 7 days you can fly all 5 trainer ships, giving you a good idea if the 300/315 is worth a $5-10 upgrade, you can try dogfighting & racing in ships built for that purpose too.

Here's a vid from last night's stream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGLE3USB2U

Don't know if this is all or only part though.

I missed it as forgot about it. Would'nt mind but remembered mid afternoon then forgot :o

Damn borderlands.....

Edit.

Found the stream here

http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/b/576890938
Incredible.

I'll watch the full stream later, but the planetside demo is unreal - especially if they achieve the scope they are aiming for.

Edit: Watched the full stream - it's times like this I know my money is well invested.

Really looking forward to the Carrack concept sale.

Last edited:
Melted one non-LTI ship and upgraded to a Cutlass Blue, quite like it although it still needs work internally, feels thrown together at parts compared to just about every ship I've seen. I honestly think by PU they'll have increased the side of it, not by much but just a little.

Did consider an 890 Jump but my Banu MM more than meets my needs for trading just now.

The 890 is stunning, but i think for a lot of people, they can get a lot more from their contribution elsewhere.
Aquilla, MAX & S.Hornet
Carrack, Cutlass Blue, Gladius & Mustang AMD
Reclaimer, Taurus & Xian Scout

They're rough SA prices off the top of my head (the 890 is SA, so im comparing like for like) and a nice mixture of stuff to do day 1, rather than a luxury yacht and limited means to buy new stuff. If you're $2k deep, fair enough, but for most its probably a hard sell, but its also something to look forward too. I find too often the attitude is 'how much!? screw CIG, i'll just earn for for free!' like the intention for everything is to make it so everyone can buy everything, and have nothing left to look forward to building towards with friends you'll meet in the game.
As much as i want an Idris or the smaller cap ships, i know i'll get a lot of enjoyment in playing the game and having ships like this and the 890 as a goal. Thats where the fun should be, not playing collect 'em all before its released.

I just hope they keep adding ships post release, no reason to stop to be honest as long as they're not continually better than the existing ones, that might be the real challenge, "un-balancing" it properly.

I actually don't mind if they're better, as like cars, new models are released all the time. This would provide an incentive to upgrade your ship and weapons over time rather than hit a weapon platform you like.

Upgraded my LTI cutlass to the blue. I've got two 'special' ships and one normal... the Freelancer MIS, 350R and the Cutlass Blue. Both combat ships should have enough space to trade... I really like the current specs on the blue, although that could change!

yeah, balancing will be an issue, but im sure they'll keep producing content, afterall, they've got almost 300 on wages, even if they cut that down, im sure they'll keep plenty on and use the funds still available to keep them employed and producing. They'll have SQ42 type releases, and new members paying their $40+ plus credit selling and probably cosmetic stuff for $$$ too. They've said they'd like to do it a bit like IRL cars, with new releases all the time, updated models or brand new ones, so to make a 301i or a 310s etc. Theres no 'profit', its not a matter of paying off shareholders, the money pays wages & general cost, which is perfect because it gives them reason to keep on going, working on something they've been paid for long after its released.

Im not sure if you saw the 10FTC about 2 eps back, someone suggested for OP or just unbalanced content they could do a product retail due to technical faults, which may result in injury or death etc. It gave the player an incentive to return an OP item, for a balanced one... or risk it. It also means hopefully people are wise to this, and dont dive on OP items then moan when its nerf'd cos if thats the reason you bought it, you knew the risk and what would happen. I think its a perfect solution to unbalanced new items, you can only test so much, and this basically says you can keep the unbalanced item, but because it turns out the manufacturer made an error (too powerful etc) they also missed other things too. Its a really nice creative in-fiction solution to the issue IMO.

Love this image someone has made using the holoviewer assets:
http://i.imgur.com/uxsGtau.jpg
Holy... didnt realise it was 4k size, i just viewed it resized for the browser :D

Love this image someone has made using the holoviewer assets:
http://i.imgur.com/uxsGtau.jpg
Holy... didnt realise it was 4k size, i just viewed it resized for the browser :D

That 890 Jump looks pretty special from here. While I will spend most of my time in my little ships, I cannot wait to land on a friendly cap ship and wander around. The fact that both entities are separate means that if I'm preventing boarding actions, my latency (~250ms from NZ to UK) will mean that I don't affect the surrounding space battle!

I don't know but I just can't get excited about this game, some people in our guild have spent a fortune on this game already.

Something just feels amiss, but I could not even say what.

Elite desperatly needs to improve it's multi-player aspect, even when grouping with friendlies it's a bit of a nightmare to keep track of them. A way of tracking friendlies on screen would be handy, as would improved interaction between players. Right now it's pretty much set in the late 1990s where you just shout at each other via text over an open channel - one which nobody seems to read.

They're missing a trick too, Star Citizen has focused on multiplayer elements, 90%+ are probably interested in the game because of that, Elite could easily add more players if it beefed up the pew pew and clan/guild/org side of open world play.

I don't know but I just can't get excited about this game, some people in our guild have spent a fortune on this game already.

Something just feels amiss, but I could not even say what.

Maybe the fact it seems to be one big cash grab rather than a game? :/

Back
Top Bottom