******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Scythe $1700-2000, Retaliator $400-450

so yeah his principle of "I didn't want to be ripped off" have made him a lot poorer. Honestly think he'll send a ticket into support to have them restored. Wasn't the Scythe run only a few hundred? Ever rarer now!

Its the full game and access to the Arena Commander (Dogfighting & Racing) module, you'd have to pay $5 for other modules though (FPS being the main one, PU could be Alpha too). What it doesnt have is Beta Access, which is a little odd.

Its valued at $60, thats for the AMD sponsored Racing variant, theres also a fighter variant, and a 3rd which seems like a camper (exploration probably) and the racer is likely to be a more expensive variant (presumably the fighter is the base version?).
If you wanted to sell it, you might get $45-50, theres no shortage of ppl selling them, you'll probably be able to 'upgrade' it to one of the other variants, or a 300 series or better at the end of the month, but it'll cost $5+ even to 'downgrade' to a cheaper ship (you pay the difference, with the minimum being $5).

I cant really tell you what to do with it. Its not ideal as a starter IMO, but it'll give you both the finished game (PU online stuff, and SQ42 campaign too) without paying more, but you will miss out on FPS and PU alphas, and the beta too unless you add about $15-20 (£10-12) and you'll be able to earn the rest of the ships in game, or simply take out a loan to buy a nicer starter ship and pay it off in-game.

Also, as mentioned, these next 7 days you can fly all 5 trainer ships, giving you a good idea if the 300/315 is worth a $5-10 upgrade, you can try dogfighting & racing in ships built for that purpose too.

Thanks for the explanation.

That Scythe story seems hard to believe, if it was ungiftable, then it means they've bought it in the last few months from the GM for $1500+, so spending $600 vs melting $1500+ & $400 worth of ships, is not happening, however skint you are at the time. Flying a Scythe is more of a status than a 890, however luxurious it is.

Melting one you managed to snag when sold, and only for $300 or w/e it was, when it'd sell for $1k in 30min to any of the GM middlemen.
If its true, then there's no doubt at all that they'd reclaim the token, probably knowing they'd do it, cos i dont see anyone taking that chance otherwise.

Its a glorious ship, but its not like its a Bengal or something.

UOunLgW.jpg

He posted this as backup to the story recently. Both were giftable apparently.

I think what's surprised everyone is that you cannot get that Scythe in-game in an insurable form, it was the only truly limited sale.

crazy, but im sure they'll be reclaimed, cos regardless of what that 1 person, or a majority thinks, there are people who'd pay $1500 for it. Certainly more than its melted value, i have absolutely no doubt there will be people who'd pay a lot just to have it as a 'museum piece' in their hangar, maybe not $1500, but its meltable value, no doubt at all.

crazy, but im sure they'll be reclaimed, cos regardless of what that 1 person, or a majority thinks, there are people who'd pay $1500 for it. Certainly more than its melted value, i have absolutely no doubt there will be people who'd pay a lot just to have it as a 'museum piece' in their hangar, maybe not $1500, but its meltable value, no doubt at all.

If the person wants to sell it's a bit late now as any reversal of a reclaimed ship is non-giftable.

I think there are around 500+ scythes Scythe's, it was meant to be 300 but as it was on both kickstarter and the SC web site a few more were sold.

I had plenty of opportunity to buy one on the original campaign as they didn't sell very fast but $300 for just a fighter was/is quite a lot! Hindsight hay? :)

I really like the look of the Scythe, perhaps the org can go out and capture a few :)

Well, i'd imagine if they didnt want to keep it, they'd have GM'd it and got enough to buy 3 890 from those 2 melted ships within 1h.
I think its more likely the user is using them like an cash converter, borrowing money using the ships as collateral to free up $600, getting what that 890 now, and when they've got $600 they'll go back and as for their ships... interest free.

Imagine if you put $1000 into an RSI account a few weeks back, bought a Reclaimer, then an 890 at the weekend, then when the Carrack went on sale, you sold the Reclaimer to buy the Carrack, then the orion, sell the 890 and buy that... now do that with every ship past and future. Then in 1yr decide what you want, cos despite a ton of those not being limited, you can buy one, instead of paying full price, you have discount, instead of paying insurance, you have LTI, and thats on any ships you decide on in the future upto $1000 or more if you wanted, buy despite being able to own an Idris, 890, Reclaimer, Pheonix in the future, you've not paid the $2000 that probably costs, you just paid $1000 to ensure you could bank any ship upto $1k melt for the token, then redeem it later. You cant sell it, but theres nothing limited to you, missed out on the 890... nope.

CIG Support allowed people to gift early backers with a ship, a standard hornet say, they'd melt it, buy a hornet which would have LTI new members couldnt get, and gift it back to the original owner. Non LTI to LTI for nothing. Whether they'd say 'stop taking the xxxx' or not, i dunno, but for 1yr people who werent entitled to LTI gamed the system to get it, and many probably have since sold them for a huge profit, and CIG did nothing until scams started happening. Even knowing the issues with the GM, they didnt even impose a 'no gifting' clause on LTI.
Personally, i'd have said LTI is locked to that account. If you want to sell it, sell it, but the LTI agreement is with the original owner, not future owners. Maybe then you wouldnt see people bragging (with proof) about having 6x 890s and multiple Reclaimer in their hangar, so they can LTI whore.

Yup seen a couple of people (Space Marshalls mostly) who have bought a few 890s, clearly to trade with later, same people who claim not to have used the grey market, yet I know have from my dealer account :)

FOV command is disabled, it was available but for some reason isnt possible now. I think Ben has explained why, but all i remember is that it will be possible to set it in the future, but seems like it'll need them to implement it as part of their settings options in game. Im not sure if its because some were exploiting the setting to see more, but theres a lot of people who cant play due to motion sickness now, which seems a bigger issue/disappointment than a few people playing with stupid settings.

I've put:

r_MotionBlur = 0
r_DrawNearFOV = 0

in my user.cfg which I made in the StarCitizen\CitizenClient folder. I'm assuming those still work and run at launch - HybridX explained them to me ages ago :)

not sure what the FOV command was, or if the one you mention is it etc, ive just seen a lot of comments arguing both sides, keep it closed cos of exploiters, open it cos of motion sickness etc. so i dunno if those impact the game now, or if they've locked out a load of cfg stuff, most likely its because people are using these to 'fix' something and its perhaps causing other issues, so they're blocking it to narrow down issues and they can try to replicate circumstances.

@James, Might be a hard question to answer, but what is it that causes the motion sickness, is it too high FOV, or too narrow? Also, is it the same for everyone (generally speaking) so 50 could be fine for people who suffer from this, while 60 causes nausea, or is it different for everyone who suffers from this, we each have a different tolerance lvl etc?

Fortunately for me its never been an issue in games, that i can think of, but i get it if i try reading in a car or plane, and i can imagine its absolutely horrible, and made infuriating knowing its something a little FOV tweak can fix.

Anyone worried that this whole thing is just gonna turn into a massive fail?

Don't get me wrong, some of the models and ships are incredible looking things - but.... just seems like it doesn't know what it is,

They're doing a huge amount and we've seen a tiny part of it. I doubt there's been a game made which has made so much about the development process publicly available and taken feedback on the scale CIG have.

It knows exactly what it is, we've only seen the DFM (to test physics/modeling) and Hangar (vanity), we've only seen videos or demos of other areas such as the planetside model and multicrew ships.

Honestly not worried about it failing, more worried about it running out of time and or money. With a staff of 200-250 posts $58 million doesn't last a huge amount of time.

Yh funding is my main worry. It has scale larger than any AAA title we've seen tbh with probably less than half the budget to fully realise it.

Back
Top Bottom