******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Anyone else notice some of the asteroids have low res textures? assuming it's perhaps my settings but some look great, others look like putty.

Soldato
OP
Must admit I did enjoy flying close to the asteroids, there's something about the physics, where you need to drag your craft's backside into line that's extremely good fun, bit like constantly drifting whilst driving :D

Itching to see how the Cutlass handles now!

Soldato
Apparently you can activate mag boots with B once you exit the craft :D Will try that tonight.

Have only managed to successfully land once due to the the glitched landing gear.

Soldato
Press L and Left Alt at the same time and enjoy :)

Also when locked on with a missile, press and hold fire missile for a Missile chasecam towards the target... i tend to do this all the time now lol

Soldato
Also when locked on with a missile, press and hold fire missile for a Missile chasecam towards the target... i tend to do this all the time now lol
I stopped doing that when I realised it made me a sitting duck for any other hostiles!!

So how do I get the Hornet in my hangar?
I have 2 ship packages (Aurora and 300i), but I only have those two to play with, while I know other users with Freelancers have Hornets.
Is it because I haven't pledged enough money already?

Soldato
OP
As Uther has said you'd need to buy the Hornet or a more expensive ship that isn't currently available. Freelancers aren't flyable yet AC V2 is rumoured to have Cutlass/Freelancer and Avenger.

Soldato
Right, been looking it this for a while, what would the $45 package give me? Is it JUST a ship to walk around, or can I use/fly/roam the game and get all updates with this? Also it seems pretty pricey above from there.

Soldato
OP
Right, been looking it this for a while, what would the $45 package give me? Is it JUST a ship to walk around, or can I use/fly/roam the game and get all updates with this? Also it seems pretty pricey above from there.

A laggy hangar to walk around in.
An Auroras MR ship to fly.
A laggy alpha arena to try to fly in.

Just being honest, the state of the game is what you'd expect from an early alpha but coming in now means you'll get the odd stretch goal reward as they come up, usually hangar fluff :)

If you think you'll eventually back it then you may as well hop onboard now, otherwise hold off.

Associate
A laggy hangar to walk around in.
An Auroras MR ship to fly.
A laggy alpha arena to try to fly in.

Just being honest, the state of the game is what you'd expect from an early alpha but coming in now means you'll get the odd stretch goal reward as they come up, usually hangar fluff :)

If you think you'll eventually back it then you may as well hop onboard now, otherwise hold off.

Neither of those are quite true though, are they, as he wouldnt have Alpha access so he'd have to add $5 for the DFM/AC pass.

Ive just looked but there was a reputable seller on Reddit who was selling Aurora LN incl Alpha packages for cost, but seems he's sold out some point in the last 48h. There may be others though, It was roughly $48 after fees, which is $2 cheaper than RSI and its constant Alpha, not a module pass.

Soldato
OP
Paul - he's talking about the package + arena pass listed costing a combined $45 in the OP. Also I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss trading in here, why I've not mentioned the grey market despite using it a fair amount myself and I've never had a problem with it tbh.

Soldato
Is the ship you get for the $40 actually worth the cash?

Been deeply considering jumping onboard with this lately now theres some actual tangible gameplay available.

Soldato
OP
I actually like it, has fantastic views in the cockpit compared to the more expensive ships. Weapon wise it's the most basic ship available but you are now able to do cross-chassis upgrades to ships where you upgrade your package to a better ship later. So essentially if you get it and hate it you can always grab a better one later. Thing to remember is that all ships are subject to change, so what you buy now might be better/worse in a weeks time etc. One thing I did notice about the Aurora is it feels very unfinished inside compared to the 300i and Hornet, the flip up displays aren't working, although that doesn't affect you much, just gives you more visibility of outside. You'll see it on the vid below.

Here's some footage and a guy talking about it in Arena Commander:

Back
Top Bottom