******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

X55 owners the config "fix" has been in OP since yesterday. Tut tut ;)
Yes, i found it on Reddit, and even i posted that i'd tried that, but the config doesnt "fix" the fact that the game believes the Stick is the Throttle, and the Throttle is the Stick. So?

Fellow X55 owner here your spinning could be Joystick order try removing drivers then swapping USB ports as you want Joystick first in list, dumb I know but that worked for me.

If that dont work Google search removing Axis profiles will be Vid.cfg or something. then recalibrate in windows.

Finally have put a link on Pagan to get X55 working once you followed the setup you got fully working X55

;)
Cheers, i'll give that a go. I wasnt sure if this was the throttle issue people were talking about, cos i hadnt seen anyone suggesting remove the whole throttle device to play it. I definitely swapped their USB around wondering if there was some order priority (i know there shouldnt be) but hoping it'd somehow convince it otherwise, but nothing helped until i fired the launcher up with just the stick connected.

I definitely need to use something to mount it though, i bought a roll of the rubber grip mat stuff, its fine but i felt like with so much movement and twisting i needed to hold the base down, ive got some long enough wood screws and i'll do a shabby job of clamping it to some bits of wood under the Obutto HOTAS mount as its thin steal which is smaller than the screw-hole dimensions.
I've been trying to think of a long term solution, cos i just dont fancy velcro tbh.

Just had a go. Can't really do much can you? Messed about for 5 mins and got bored. But it is the first alpha so was not expecting much anyway :D

It's Vanduul Swarm or Free flight on the two maps currently and then depending on your citizen number you will gain access to the multiplayer portion as they are incrementally increasing the number of people able to play. I believe that has 3-5 different multiplayer modes all of which will be 4 vs 4 (team based) or up to 8 on deathmatch (numbers will likely increase in the future).

Also Half yh I noticed that! I wonder how much of that was people upgrading their existing ships and actual new backers for DFM. I personally think it was probably due to the former.

Fellow X55 owner here your spinning could be Joystick order try removing drivers then swapping USB ports as you want Joystick first in list, dumb I know but that worked for me.
Ive tried:
- Unplugging both, plugging in stick then throttle = wrong controller order
- Unplugging both, plugging in stick then loading the game and then plugging in throttle = stick works but throttle wasnt known when launching so doesnt do anything.
- uninstalling drivers, loading = wrong order
- with drivers uninstalled, swap USB ports around = wrong order
- reinstalled drivers = wrong order

Everything seems to result in it getting the 2 the wrong way around.

If that dont work Google search removing Axis profiles will be Vid.cfg or something. then recalibrate in windows.

Finally have put a link on Pagan to get X55 working once you followed the setup you got fully working X55

;)
Ive tried looking, and didnt find anything (your post is the top item for 'Star Citizen removing Axis profiles').

So, just to be sure im understanding correctly, you're able to play the game with both Stick and Throttle connected? as thats out of the question for me currently. I just dont know 100% whether my issue is different to the known X55 issue, which my understanding was simply that the 2 throttle axis didnt work, but the buttons do. So i dont know whether to report it as an issue, or whether i'd just be spamming a know issue and should just STFU and wait for a fix in good time :D
The core game is there, if the throttle is unplugged, so im not missing out on anything really.

Playing around with the different flight modes the best I've found for mouse & kb is 'Relative mode' (Ctrl+f) and to disable 'G-SAFE' and 'COMSTAB' (Ctrl + Caps x 3) MUCH better than the default controls....This also removes the mouse aiming of turrets which is actually better imo.

Last edited:
Finally got the X55 working. I had to use a completely remapped xml file and make some modifications, as the RSI one just seems to make a few modifications to enable the thruster axis, but thats not much use to me if JS1 is my throttle, and the game believes it should be my stick.

Star Citizen killed my PC. Maybe. Left AC downloading overnight due to poor d/l speed. Woke up to a BSOD (didn't note the failure message as in a rush for work). Restarted, 'bootmgr missing' mesage and quick look in BIOS reveals no disk drives listed. Oh well, a night of troubleshooting ahead rather than having a spin on AC.
Weird, got home from work, turned on PC and it fired up ok. Updated SSD firmware after doing a bit of reading but, hey, all is good I guess. Loving how the PBR'd 300i looks in my hangar. Only had a quick go on free flight and it looks amazing. Will have more of a go once my son has gone to bed later.

To be fair, even in it's pre-alpha form, it shouldn't be that hard to make a brand new, top of the range joystick work.

I've binned AC until they get it working without messing about.

Well, it seems as though for most people, they did. It required an updated xml file to bind a couple of controls which were wrong or missed out, but for most people it seems like it was fine.
For some reason though, my windows has decided the stick & throttle are js2/js1 when the game expects them to be js1/js2, and i'd imagine the majority of people have it 1/2, but somehow mine has them as 2/1, making it unplayable until i removed the throttle and tried launching it again, at which point the stick became js1.

Streamed and recorded and hour of the game yesterday, playing mostly Vanduul Swarm in 1080p (Fullscreen it and set to 1080p to see how nice it looks)

(Apologies for the lack of my voice, for some reason XSplit/Twitch didn't pick it up, so you can only hear my buddies on TS and the in-game sounds)

I was using KB+M for flying, but I've got my X52 out to test in both SC & ED once I get chance.

Personally, the game looks visually fantastic, but not without it's faults. The HUD for me is too cluttered and having so many opaque items is quite distracting. I'd rather they simplify the HUD to 2D objects to allow for better views and ease of use.
I like the target acquisition, but not the massive reticle that stays around the target. It needs to be smaller as again it fills the screen, compounding the already cluttered nature of the HUD.

Back
Top Bottom